SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Times Corrects Stephen Braun's Lousy Journalism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: LA Times Corrects Stephen Braun's Lousy Journalism Reply with quote

That SHOULD be the headline. Unfortunately we'll have to settle with today's ( Dec 28 ) correction of Stephen Braun's inaccurate reporting...

Quote:
Giuliani campaign: An article in Section A on Dec. 19 about the relatives of fallen New York firefighters who are opposing Rudolph W. Giuliani's presidential bid said that another organization, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, had been fined for "acting in concert" with 2004 Republican presidential efforts. The Federal Election Commission in 2006 concluded that the group "did not unlawfully coordinate its activities" with individual candidates or political parties. The Swift Boat organization was fined for failing to register as a political committee and for raising millions of dollars over the limits that apply to those committees.

LA Times, For The Record

However, I'm left wondering what are the ramifications for a reporter who is so apparently slipshod in the practice of his profession.

Kudos to Patterico who was probably instrumental in getting this egregious factual error corrected and to Noel Sheppard at "Newsbusters" for making note.

Update: Patterico takes note...

Quote:
Crab-Grass Blog Obtains Correction from Much-Respected, Widely Esteemed News Outlet — Nine Days After the Fact
Filed under: Dog Trainer, General — Patterico @ 8:53 am

With the lightning-quick speed characteristic of the fleet-footed Big Media, the L.A. Times today issues this correction:

<snip>

I told you (and the L.A. Times Readers’ Representative) about this error nine days ago — the very day the article came out. I guess it took them nine days to read the link I sent them that spoon-fed them this correction.

Chalk up another victory for the crab-grass blogs.

Patterico's Pontifications
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say someones boat got sunk, #1.....LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: