SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Won A Copy Of "The New Soldier" By Hanoi John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: I Won A Copy Of "The New Soldier" By Hanoi John Reply with quote

I won this book (if you call it a book) on Ebay a few months ago and put it in my book case and quite honestly had forgotten all about it until I saw the advertizement for "To Set The Record Straight". This book is in perfect condition and is personally autographed by the #1 RAT himself "Hanoi John Kerry".

In June of 1971 (the summer of the Kerry O'Neil debate on the Dick Cavett show), I watched the debate on TV as a 17 year old senior who had just graduated from high school. My plan was to join the "Corps" as many of my friends from my small town outside of Pittsburgh had been doing for years. It was sort of a tradition in my town as I'm sure it was it alot of other small towns across the good old USA. Watching the debate convinced me that one of these 2 people was a liar. Having had many friends come back home from Nam (and some who unfortunately didn't), I had spent many hours talking to them about their experiences and about my decision to follow in their footsteps. Everyone of them (Marine Corps and Army) told me to not beleive the lying ******** that was being spewed by the (as they are now known as the "legacy media" or "old media") nightly news, ABC, CBS, & NBC. We all knew that they were anti-war and would never report anything positive about our military. So, as far as the "John Kerry vs John O'Neil debate", I knew which one of these two people that were debating was the liar. We all did. John F Kerry and his lying fraudulent sidekick like the "Al Hubbard types" and the "Hanoi Jane Fonda types" were coming out of the wood work to undermine the war just like they are doing now to undermine today's "War On Terror" against the Islamofascist pigs (funny how the American left ALWAYS take the other side). (That is actually a Robert Frost quote if you google it)

I joined the "Corps" in December of 1971 and will never forget the lies that I personally heard Kerry tell the whole world in front of the complicit US Senate (not all). Although I vounteered to go to Nam, I was unfortunatelly stationed stateside. I will never forget what damage this man has done to the country, our reputation, our war heros, their families, and the reputation of the US military in general. Being spit on when arriving home in uniform is directly attributal to traitors like John Kerry, Jane Fonda and their ilk.

The decision I am faced with is what to do with this book. I am considering burning it in front of a group of local Nam vets, or tearing out the pages one by one and mailing each one in a separate envelope to Kerry himself, or to just keep it for when I debate people about the damage that Kerry and his ilk did to our country.

Any thoughts especially from original Swifties (or any of the POW's that spent extra time in prison because of Kerry's words) on what to do with this piece of trash that does not qualify to even be called a "book"? Any original Swifties need some more closure? (cotact me in private if you do).

Merry Christmas to all warriors past and present for we are the most gracious, humble, and generous country in the history of civilization.

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarhead, somewhere this forum (or the Swifties) have a ton of paperwork archived from the research done during the '04 election season. Your book would be a valuable addition to that archive. I'm pretty sure they already have a copy (or two), but one more couldn't hurt.
In any case, since it was taken out of circulation and off the shelves prior to the 04 campaign, it is probably of some value now as a collectors edition, so I would not destroy it if I were you.
Personally, I do not like "book burnings" for any reason, even for this one.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jarhead,
That's some find.
I think everyone on this forum knows the contents of Kerry's manifesto.
Autographed you say. That's a little like having OJ's autograph on a copy of "If I Did It".
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with baldeagle, hang on to it.

If there are no hardcopies of the book left, Kerry would be able to deny that he wrote the book.

It would make a good addition to a library and/or research project about Kerry's past behavior and record.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any are interested in getting rid of a copy or purchasing a copy of this book, Amazon.com Shocked Confused Shocked

I also found two private bookstores online that are asking even more!!!

Definitely do not destroy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: