SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now Fox News Too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't these knuckleheads who "lead the pack" and could fix this INSTANTLY understand that it is in their own best interest, long-term, to be magnanimous in their support for providing a platform for ALL legitimate candidates who have done the heavy lifting required to mount a national campaign?

What, exactly, do they THINK is going to be the fallout among...

• an already disgruntled conservative base?

• free speech advocates?

• Duncan Hunter supporters like myself?

• other lesser candidate supporters knowing that their favored candidate's RIGHT to be heard is predicated upon the whim of their own party's political apparatus and a ratings-driven media cabal? Who's next to get the boot? Ron Paul? (I'd like to see them try THAT!) Fred?
But here's the REAL kicker...unlike candidates, party apparachiks, MSM "power" players and political junkies who have been at this since Nov. 4, 2004, MOST AMERICANS ARE JUST STARTING TO LISTEN!

There is, IMHO, ONE way to fix this...and QUICK...by making the candidates understand that the degree of your post-primary $upport for their OWN CANDIDACY (that's capital $) will be based upon their willingness to right this wrong.

Write to each of their campaigns...NOW

Quote:
Gov. Romney,

I am a past financial contributor to your campaign and will look forward to supporting your campaign should you garner the nomination.

However, I also support Duncan Hunter and am disturbed by the notion that he is to be denied equal footing on the platform of ideas.

You can fix this Gov. Romney, and I URGE you to seize an opportunity to evidence your embrace of the principles of fair play and the RIGHT to be heard by ALL viable candidacies.

It is the RIGHT thing to do.

Quote:
Sen. McCain,

I am a registered Republican and will look forward to supporting your campaign for the Presidency should you garner the nomination.

However, I also support the Duncan Hunter candidacy and am disturbed by the notion that he is to be denied equal footing on the platform of ideas.

You can fix this Sen McCain, and I URGE you to seize an opportunity to evidence your embrace of the principles of fair play and the RIGHT to be heard by ALL viable candidacies.

It is the RIGHT thing to do. It is also the SMART thing to do.

Anyone have a contact for the Giuliani campaign? Can't seem to find one on his website...which is interesting in itself.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was really irritating to me, especially in light of the fact that Ron Paul was given the same forum as a serious candidate. (a 9-11 truther, for heaven's sake! Rolling Eyes )

So, I went looking for an explanation and might have found one, here: BlogHub - 'These guys are ready for a brawl'
Quote:
As an aside, I asked Dawon (sic) why textile magnate Roger Milliken's candidate, Duncan Hunter, was excluded from tonight's debate. He gives a nervous laugh, thanks me for the question, and says he plans to put in a call to Mr. Milliken, but that Hunter's campaign knew tonight's requirements months in advance. (The requirements included either placing in the Top 5 in New Hampshire or poll at least 5 percent nationally.)

Looks like somebody picked the wrong criteria for inviting participants a long time ago. Confused

I know they have to place some kind of restrictions upon who is going to be invited to these things - but this one didn't work for the benefit of a democracy.

The exposure provided in these debates amounts to millions and millions of $$$ worth of free campaigning - so excluding a serious and viable candidate from even one debate puts that candidate at a severe disadvantage.

The end result is that it shortchanges the democratic process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: