SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scuttling McCain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Scuttling McCain Reply with quote

Having only infrequently checked this site for a long time, I was surprised and glad to see the critical comments about McCain. I had expected misplaced loyalty. My apologies to all here.

Years ago I was a big admirer of McCain - Navy maverick, gutsy POW, etc.

But for years I have increasingly not liked him. I think he is wrong politically on virtually all issues. Today, I think he is crazy, really emotionally and mentally ill. Am not an expert on his real story as a POW, but as a Senator, he repeatedly betrayed all POW's and their families. Why would he do that? I think there may be worse information out there about McCain – worse than what is currently being widely disseminated.

I believe nothing is impossible. I believe it is possible to "blow up" McCain at this late date and throw the Republi-can't convention wide open.

I believe it is the duty of former Naval personnel and POW's (and others) to take the lead on doing that.

I also think it is the duty and should be the pleasure of all Swiftvets and their friends to jam Kerry’s pompous BS that nobody will ever be “swiftboated” again – right down his throat.

Do we have legal and political experts on board who can speak knowledgeably, historically about the prospects of getting rid of McCain as the Repulican’t candidate – no matter how many delegates he winds up with? Or alternately, are there those here who are in contact with that type of expertise?

IMO, it is our duty to be loyal to the nation and to the welfare of future generations – and to telling the truth - first and last. And to have no loyalty to flawed and dangerous former “shipmates”.

"Government is the problem, not the solution." Ronald Reagan

Therefore, politicians are never the solution to anything. Thinking that politicians are the solution is infantile. It is just like a child who runs to mommy/daddy when he breaks his toy or whatever; instead of fixing the problem himself.

Citizenship is the real solution. You and I are the solution. The Swiftvets can be a huge part of the solution if they will choose to be once again.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly can't speak for the SVPT organization but, IMHO, you greatly underestimate the limit of their focus. Unless Kerry were able, somehow, to finagle another nomination to the executive, SVPT will not reconstitute again.

I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere for organized and credible opposition to McCain's candidacy.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Callaway
Quote:
I think there may be worse information out there about McCain – worse than what is currently being widely disseminated.

I have read and heard rumblings of this. I think the media have been protecting their darling maverick, but when it comes to the general election, they will back the Dem Candidate and will go very negative on McCain. I really doubt he can be elected.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I certainly can't speak for the SVPT organization but, IMHO, you greatly underestimate the limit of their focus. Unless Kerry were able, somehow, to finagle another nomination to the executive, SVPT will not reconstitute again.

I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere for organized and credible opposition to McCain's candidacy.

In the alternative, we can vent our McCaniac views here, between each other, as one does among friends. Wink
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, McCain is the silver platter that the MSM is using to serve President Obama to the sheeples. Chosen for his 'guaranteed pedigree', that of the SVPT fans who will vote against him. The RNC is in denial ( or just joined at the hip w/ the DNC, if you believe the 'conservative' BDS types). That said, an expanded SVPT type operation is a great idea as clearly shown in the first post.....like an SVPT Auxilliary so to speak. And Scott Swett would be a great 'starting point'....I mean after all, Kerry 'endorsed' Obama, and who better to form the foundation for Obama's eventual anchor (Kerry) dragging down that ship. And there are still some Clinton lovin' vets out there who may even want to help in the end bring down an Obama! No rush on this at all, we're still in the primaries...just food for thought.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I certainly can't speak for the SVPT organization but, IMHO, you greatly underestimate the limit of their focus. Unless Kerry were able, somehow, to finagle another nomination to the executive, SVPT will not reconstitute again..

I agree with you wholeheartedly that this won't be an 'anti-McCain' thread, like it was anti-Kerry....in fact, tho', after the primaries, this may just have to be 'anti-Kerry' again....your post from nearby thread:

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Do not think for a moment that, should Obama prevail, Kerry won't be presenting his bill for services rendered. What form that might take gives me the creeps.
which I found chilling at the time as well....Secretary of State JFK is a nightmare I'm not prepared to imagine!
Deuce
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:
I certainly can't speak for the SVPT organization but, IMHO, you greatly underestimate the limit of their focus. Unless Kerry were able, somehow, to finagle another nomination to the executive, SVPT will not reconstitute again..

I agree with you wholeheartedly that this won't be an 'anti-McCain' thread, like it was anti-Kerry....in fact, tho', after the primaries, this may just have to be 'anti-Kerry' again....your post from nearby thread:

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Do not think for a moment that, should Obama prevail, Kerry won't be presenting his bill for services rendered. What form that might take gives me the creeps.
which I found chilling at the time as well....Secretary of State JFK is a nightmare I'm not prepared to imagine!
Deuce

With all due respect, I firmly believe that John F'ing Kerry's endorsement of Obama was pretty much worthless when it comes to actual votes gains for Obama. Kerry is a legend in his own mind.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Letter to Rush Limbaugh Reply with quote

Pasted in just below is an email on this topic recently sent to Rush Limbaugh (ElRushbo@eibnet.com) which expands and clarifies what I was trying to say in the original post. Have not heard from Rush and since I am not an "insider" or whatever at his site, he may never see my email. But others of you could send your own emails to talk radio hosts and other media types regarding this general idea.

This forum is a vehicle or tool for public education and communication. Due to the parallels (see below) between McCain and Kerry, this forum may see increasing traffic in the near future, not just from registered members, but from interested visitors - including media types, who want to know what the Swifties think about McCain.

To me, "Swiftvets" or "SVPT" means two things or two groups: the core group of actual Swift Boat crewmembers and former POW's who made the commercials and the media appearances and the larger group of all of us - everyone who supports the work of the core group.

It is not necessary for the original core group to "reconstitute" or to do anything in order for the larger "Swiftvets group" to make a huge difference on this issue or any other important issue.

Letter to Limbaugh is below:

Dear Rush,

Do you know if it is possible (within the rules of the RNC, Constitution, etc.) to disqualify and banish a winning candidate for the Republican presidential nomination if a sufficient condemnation of the man's record, morals, mental and emotional fitness to serve, etc. could be uncovered before or during the Republican convention?

Is it possible to scuttle John McCain's nomination no matter how many delegates or votes he wins in the primaries?

As you know, Thomas Eagleton was removed (as V.P. candidate) from the Democratic ticket in 1972 when his past mental problems were exposed.

Would you please use your contacts, resources and research capabilities to find out if it can be done and what it would take?

Would you please use your microphone to discuss this possibility?

I recently made a post about this idea on the www.swiftvets.com forum. McCain is not popular with my fellow Navy veterans and other supporters of the Swiftvets effort. It was my thought that increasingly people are going to wonder what people at the Swiftvet forum are saying about McCain , and perhaps that forum might help crystallize the idea that McCain is unfit and must go.

There are many parallels between McCain and Kerry: Navy veterans, using their military record to bludgeon critics, betrayal of POW/MIA'S and families, both are liberals (Kerry being honest about it), both are mentally and emotionally unfit for the presidency.

Thank you for considering this, Rush.
Dwight Callaway
Boise, ID.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think doing something that even associates the swiftvets and this website in name with a cause that they are not affiliated with, when it's clear what their goal has been and is - to prevent The Poodle from wrecking America, is a bad idea.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkadyfolkner wrote:
I think doing something that even associates the swiftvets and this website in name with a cause that they are not affiliated with, when it's clear what their goal has been and is - to prevent The Poodle from wrecking America, is a bad idea.

Given the stunning success of their endeavor, I suppose it's not surprising that some might wish to capitalize on the Swiftvet name, just as the left avails itself of every opportunity to denigrate and marginalize their victory.

Not.going.to.happen...not here nor in the history books.

...and thanks for your observation with which I wholeheartedly concur.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wonder what people at the Swiftvet forum are saying about McCain

most of us are not Swifts, and do not speak for them.....just post opinions as individuals

ditto to what Me#1 said
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Given the stunning success of their endeavor, I suppose it's not surprising that some might wish to capitalize on the Swiftvet name, just as the left avails itself of every opportunity to denigrate and marginalize their victory.

Sounds like they want to treat us like the Dread Pirate Roberts from "The Princess Bride". The quickest way to success is to take over something successful already and use it to advance your own agenda.

Sorry guys, unless there's another attempt by Kerry to aspire to grandeur, the Swifties have stood down.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Sounds like they want to treat us like the Dread Pirate Roberts from "The Princess Bride". The quickest way to success is to take over something successful already and use it to advance your own agenda.

Sorry guys, unless there's another attempt by Kerry to aspire to grandeur, the Swifties have stood down.

Exactly, and how it should be. Not that we can't shoot the bull among ourselves, but, there should be no public face put on our private opinions that don't concern John F'ing Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: