SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man Reply with quote

Quote:
In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man

Gary Hubbell
February 9, 2008

There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians.

There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard.

His common traits are that he isn’t looking for anything from anyone — just the promise to be able to make his own way on a level playing field. In many cases, he is an independent businessman and employs several people. He pays more than his share of taxes and works hard.

The Aspen Times Con't
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he makes some valid points Lew, but he overlooks some other traits of the "angry white man".

He is also generally uninformed and ignorant of history, tolerant to the point of ambivalence and apathy, glacially slow to mobilize and politically passive in the face of forces perhaps more dangerous to the survival of this society than Islamofascism.

...and it looks (in all liklihood) that he's about to be runover by another leftist tsunami.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article, Lew.
I know some of these angry white males, my husband is one. One of their biggest resentments is lack of a level playing field due to quotas. Whether it be applying for a job or getting into an institution of higher learning, promotions, etc. white males are at a disadvantage.

Instead of choosing an applicant based on the best qualified, decisions are often made based on so-called "minority status".

There are so many 'rights groups' that have priority, be it women's rights, gay rights, ethnic origin, etc.--go to the front of the line. It seems white males need not apply.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Perhaps he makes some valid points Lew, but he overlooks some other traits of the "angry white man".

He is also generally uninformed and ignorant of history, tolerant to the point of ambivalence and apathy, glacially slow to mobilize and politically passive in the face of forces perhaps more dangerous to the survival of this society than Islamofascism.

...and it looks (in all liklihood) that he's about to be runover by another leftist tsunami.

for some reason the shackles on the back of my neck raised reading this!
Deuce
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
...for some reason the shackles on the back of my neck raised reading this!

Perhaps I should have included present company excluded, of course Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: