SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama’s “likeability”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Obama’s “likeability” Reply with quote

Did the left push the memo calling for Obama’s “likeability” due to its five syllables versus “charismatic’s” four or was the inference to other charismatic leaders of the past purposely avoided?
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point, GenrXr.
The Obam-messiah could be a real turn-off.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a good friend who "loves" Obama. When I tried to tell her that Senator Obama if elected president was going to remove the cap on SS caps...her reply...well it is probably needed. Regardless of what I say to her she refuses to see any fault in Obama.

Today Rush had it right when he said Obama has followers not supporters. These people follow him anywhere...they do not look at what Obama stands for.

If McCain does not fight, which I doubt he will, we will have 4 years of Obama and 4 years of hell as when the Clinton's were in office we had a GOP controlled congress.

May God help us all if this man is elected. I am scared of what this man will do. I may sounds like a right wing nut job right now...but he truly does worry me and I can see us returning to the late 70's economy and as I was just a teenager beginnning my life in the military I do remember the hard times my parents faced and my father's job loss which altered his health and resulted in his early death because he lost all health care benefits. I saw my parents loose their house, their land, their jobs; they ended up sending two of their younger children to live elsewhere as they could no longer support them. My younger sister stayed but as she is mentally handicapped and they did the best they could. My parents were too proud to ask for any help so they did what they could.

I try to keep my hopes up because a lot can happen between now and November.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a neighbour who is so far left,I have sent her information about hussein obama father and stepfather and about his mother , and his extended faamily in kenya, she won't have any of it I agree this is scary god help us we have oprato thank for this I wish americans would wake up to what she is up to, if he gets in america will never be the same
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ninety-four year old retired Navy Corpsman friend and I went to coffee yesterday. We decided this election year reminds us of the 1960 election. Obama is like Kennedy, all charisma and even less experience. McCain is like Nixon, but less trustworthy and with less personality. We are afraid that the results will be similar with Obama being elected and treated like royalty or a movie star by the press and his followers.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama sounds too much like a con man for me to trust him.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: