SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few bits here about other discussion forum on the web.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: A few bits here about other discussion forum on the web. Reply with quote

This what was posted in an ag-related forum website. The particular discussion group is similar to Geedunk & Scuttlebutt in nature. There are other groups there that are crops or machinery only related and etc.

Quote:
U.S. Rep. Steve King has made a habit out of saying outlandish and at times stupid comments to the press. Seems he is at again saying terrorists would celebrate if Obama wins the presidency. King based this on the following criteria: Obama's pledge to pull troops out of Iraq, his Kenyan heritage and his middle name Hussein - a reminder of the Iraq's former leader. King told a reporter for the Spencer Daily Reporter, "The radical Islamists, the al-Qaida... would be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on Sept.11 because they would declare victory in this war on terror."

I thought it was best for our country to show a united front against terrorists? To say this about the opposition's leading candidate for president is ridiculous. At least King could have done it anonymously behind some "Swift Boat" type group to protect us Iowans the embarassment.

I think it is time we make some changes with our elected officials in D.C. I suggest anytime a Congressman or woman makes more than 3 really stupid remarks on the record we send them packing. So long Mr. King. How about any time we catch a member of Congress sleeping more than three times while in session or can no longer be understood when speaking from the floor we send them out to pasture? So long Mr. Byrd. I feel sorry for the man as he has been a great servant for our country for many years but he now reminds me of the boxer who continues fighting well past his prime and is starting to look puch drunk at times. Seen a few clips lately of Byrd and feel embarrassed for the man. Time to name one last bridge in his honor and have him slip quietly off stage.

My answer to that post in full is the following below:

And just who or whom did you have in mind for passing judgement into what is really stupid remarks??

As for Mr. Byrd, I am not a big supporter of his, indeed, I thnk that he should have retired several years ago. But I do think that if the folks in his State choose to keep re-electing him, then that is what they deserve.

As for Mr. King's statements about that particular candidate, so what!! There have incidents just as bad or worse in past presidential elections. The only thing that changes is the issue at hand and the name of the candidate.

Have you forgotten the chant in the 1960s - Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today??

The anti-war protestors of the 60s and the 70s?? That includes John "F-word" Kerry and his organization - the Vietnam Veterans Against the War were not hepling to show a united front with regards to the fighting in Vietnam. They were doing the opposite.

John Kerry's testimony in that Congressional Hearing and his Vietnam Veterans Against the War group is the driving force that caused the Swiftvets to organize against the and the POWs asked to join the fight.
Bush had nothing to do with the creation of the Swiftvets and POWs for Truth. The SVPT was not part of Karl Rove's plan. They did it all on thier own.

I know for a fact that I will be attacked by at least 2 to 3 and maybe more for posting the information and/or opinion about the SVPT. They really get hot under the collar when I do that or heck, I get attacked for supporting the SVPT even though I did not say anthing about the SVPT.

It is really something to see at times.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congressman King's comments are still flying around the freerepublic.com site....Iowa is blessed with both left and right Rags....his original interview was intelligently portrayed http://www.spencerdailyreporter.com/story/1316727.html during an interview announcing that he wouldn't run for Senate. The reasons, about McCain, et al are also extremely enlightening. The guy has a real midwest Common Sense grasp of reality that totally escapes most liberals.

worthy of a thorough read!

ps while he is on the 'shortlist' of VP candidates, he also mentioned , while flattered he's sticking with his House!

Last edited by Deuce on Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, I read it. Very good read!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: