SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dump Durbin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Dump Durbin Reply with quote

Here's someone you might behind...

Quote:
Liberal Durbin Blocks Measure to Defend Marine Corps at Berkeley
2/13/2008

Steve Sauerberg, M.D. – “Instead of standing with our brave men and women in uniform, Dick Durbin has chosen to stand with the most radical and liberal forces in the Blame America First crowd.”

(Springfield, IL) – Today, Steve Sauerberg, M.D., sharply criticized the legislative maneuver employed by Senator Dick Durbin and Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid that has prevented the Senate from considering the Semper Fi Act. “Instead of standing with our brave men and women in uniform, Dick Durbin has chosen to stand with the most radical and liberal forces in the Blame America First crowd,” said Sauerberg.

The Semper Fi Act was introduced in the U.S. Senate by Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC). The act seeks to strip Berkeley, California of $2 million worth of federal earmarks. The legislation would strip Berkeley’s earmarks in response to the city’s decision to tell the Marine Corps that a recruiting office was “not welcome” in Berkeley and referred to the recruiters as “uninvited and unwelcome intruders.” “This is reminiscent of Senator Durbin comparing our troops to Nazis and stands against Illinois values,” Sauerberg said.

According to The Hill newspaper, Senators Durbin and Reid used a parliamentary procedure to block consideration of the legislation. “Instead of using inside the beltway parlor tricks to protect the radical anti-military forces that dominate the Berkeley City Council, Senator Durbin should be fighting to protect those who put their lives on the line to defend our freedoms,” said Sauerberg.

Beverly Perlson, mother of a soldier currently on his fourth deployment in Iraq and the Founder of The Band of Mothers – an organization of mothers of military men and women – joined in the criticism of Durbin, “As a constituent and, more importantly, as a mother, I am disgusted by the contempt that Dick Durbin has shown towards our military. Dick Durbin’s values might be a good fit for liberal wackos in Berkeley California, but they certainly do not represent the values of the heartland.”

“Illinois deserves a Senator who represents Illinois values – not the values of liberal Berkeley, California. Instead of working hard to be California’s third Senator, maybe Dick Durbin should spend some time standing up for the people he was sent to Washington to represent,” concluded Sauerberg.

Sauerberg For Senate
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't understand how people like Durbin and Reid keep getting elected. My estimation of people's intelligence keeps getting pushed lower and lower when these people get re-elected.

Dusty
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I just can't understand how people like Durbin and Reid keep getting elected. My estimation of people's intelligence keeps getting pushed lower and lower when these people get re-elected.

Dusty

Not only that, they have short memories too. Luckily for Reid, he doesn't have to face re-election this cycle though. He's pretty much persona non grata in Nevada right now. But, by the time he has to run again the electorate will have forgotten why he's not in favor now.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have yet to figure that our and I live in Illinois (BUT NOT FOR LONG...YIPEEE!!!!! Can't wait to get the hell out of here - hopefully my house sells pretty fast)

But I will be sending Senator Durbin yet again another e-mail.

Living in a blue state sucks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: