SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama: "We cannot wait to END global warming"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Obama: "We cannot wait to END global warming" Reply with quote

The megalomania has run amok...and no one, that I can see, is calling him on this.

Peddling global warmism is one thing, but to suggest that global warming can be ENDED is hyperbole on the grandest of scales...and his flock is eating it up.

I wonder what Obama might be able to do about that pesky continental drift.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandering is what the left does best and that is exactly what Obama is doing.

Somehow, though, I have to believe his "plan" to "end Global Warming" will in some way involve taxing the wealthy, those making over 40K a year. Confused
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to fathom how Obama will end global warming when you consider all of the hot air he spews.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama's change is what he is going to leave in our pockets. He will also end the phrase "Spare Change"
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama: "We cannot wait to END global warming" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
The megalomania has run amok...and no one, that I can see, is calling him on this.

Peddling global warmism is one thing, but to suggest that global warming can be ENDED is hyperbole on the grandest of scales...and his flock is eating it up.

I wonder what Obama might be able to do about that pesky continental drift.

Obama doesn't understand this or any other issue. He is just a throwback to the old style southern populist politician, like Huey Long and George Wallace, that once dominated the Democratic party in the south.

Unfortunately, the media is letting him get away with it because he is a fellow Democrat and they believe in "my party right or wrong". If he gets the nomination they will lie for him like they did 4 years ago for John Kerry. They may also slander John McCain like Dan Rather did George W. Bush.

Global warming appears to have ended in 1998 and temperatures had been stable up to late last year. Real scientists who understand the role the sun plays in determining earth's temperature believe the sun is due for a "quiet cycle" that will result in lower temperatures, particularly colder winters like this one.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is fishing for Algore's endorsement. Neither remotely understands climate science. However, they both understand the unprecedented opportunity to separate you from your money.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global warming has already ended. Even hell (aka Vietnam) has had freezing weather this year.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/reasonmclucus/february_2008/on_a_cold_gray_vietnam_morning.htm
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing that this is the coldest year on record...hmmmm...wonder how that could be with global warming.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you heard. Gobal warming is going to result in a new ice age! Confused

The scary thing is they are serious. I can't recall a specific source at the moment, but melting of the Greenland ice cap will reduce the salinity of the North Atlantic which will disrupt the Gulf Stream which cool the North Atlantic and that will bring on the new ice age. Rolling Eyes At least that's the greenies story and thier sticking to it.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny I heard today on Fox that robots have taked the Ocean's temp only to show there was actually no change...and scientist could not figure that out...but they will be trying to come up with the reason why...could it mean that they are wrong????? Image that
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Obama is fishing for Algore's endorsement. Neither remotely understands climate science. However, they both understand the unprecedented opportunity to separate you from your money.
Bingo,
What a concise factual conclusion (that we'll never see in the MSM)!!!!
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Obama: "We cannot wait to END global warming" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
~~~I wonder what Obama might be able to do about that pesky continental drift.

Drag out their surf boards, swimsuits & go surfing, dude??
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear Obama's thoughts on how to end earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and the chance of a big rock from space colliding with the earth too.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this "Newsbusters" link for a Global Warmism "Outrage du jour" ( and be sure to read Noel Shepherd's original commentary ).
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Check out this "Newsbusters" link for a Global Warmism "Outrage du jour" ( and be sure to read Noel Shepherd's original commentary ).

There was a link further down the page in the comments to a forum that looks like it has a lot of good ammo to shoot at the 'global warming is man made' crowd.
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Popular_Technology/index.php?showtopic=2050
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: