SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain's war buddy (Bud Day) riles Muslims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: McCain's war buddy (Bud Day) riles Muslims Reply with quote

Oh, dear, another trip to the woodshed following a ride UNDER the bus for a soon-to-be-"former" McCain supporter. Well, at least they have their memories.

CAMPAIGN 2008
McCain's war buddy riles Muslims
A war buddy of John McCain's upset Muslims by comparing them to terrorists, creating another headache for the Republican presidential candidate bedeviled by misstatements from some of his surrogates.

One of John McCain's fellow Vietnam POWs compared Muslims to terrorists during a defense of the Iraq War on Friday, saying ``The Muslims have said either we kneel or they're going to kill us.''

Col. Bud Day riled Muslim leaders with the remarks made in a conference call with reporters arranged by the Republican Party of Florida on McCain's behalf.

He added: ``I don't intend to kneel and I don't advocate to anybody that we kneel, and John doesn't advocate to anybody that we kneel.''

McCain's presidential campaign wouldn't comment. A Republican Party spokeswoman said later that Day acknowledged he misspoke and ''made an unfortunate mistake'' because he meant to say ''terrorists'' and not ``Muslims.''

Muslim leaders and Arab-American groups quickly denounced the ''bigoted'' comments by Day, a Pensacola resident, Medal of Honor recipient and member of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth attack machine from 2004.....
-----

You can read the whole piece at the link above. Notice they had to get in a dig at the SBVT even though Col Day was a part of the combined Swift Vets and POWs for Truth group, but accuracy doesn't matter to these people.

Request to Moderate Muslims: If 1.1 Billion of you disagree with the radical terrorists, why are Western non-Muslims fighting against them all over the world? Just bring them back into the fold yourselves and prove to the world that they don't represent "true Islam". Not every German was a Nazi, but every German allowed the Nazis to wreak havoc on the world. Either join the effort to end the rein of terror being conducted by the "radicals" who don't represent your religion or apologize to Col Bud Day.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much ado about nothing it appears, as McCain's campaign was quick to clarify Col. Day's remark...which also appears to have put out much of the fire.

That being said, if Col. Day is to continue his very public support of McCain, he needs to be EXTREMELY judicious in his choice of words.

Your point is well taken though, and the expected cries of outrage from the victims-du-jour will ring hollow in the ears of most thinking Americans who can easily distinguish between an ill-considered comment and religious bigotry which the left and "Muslim leaders and Arab-American groups" would like to saddle Col. Day and, by proxy, John McCain.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the reaction by the 40% "uncommitted Independents" who believe anything the media feed them that concerns me. Contrast with the walking gaffe-machine, Barry Obama, and his surrogates' non-stop, intentional hate-filled lies, and well, what can you say?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
It's the reaction by the 40% "uncommitted Independents" who believe anything the media feed them...

Perhaps so, but I'd venture that a goodly percentage of "uncommitted independents" didn't swallow what the media tried to serve up inre Kerry and the SVPT in 2004. My guess would be that the media's credibility and influence among independents has diminished even further since that time.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1, your accuracy rating is even higher than that proclaimed by Rush Limbaugh, so I think I may actually sleep restfully tonight for once. Very Happy
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
#1, your accuracy rating is even higher than that proclaimed by Rush Limbaugh, so I think I may actually sleep restfully tonight for once. Very Happy

Thanks, but I'd be happier with his credit rating Wink
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't we all #1?

Continuing the thread Olberman has declared Day crud. I'm trying to imagine Edward R Murrow calling Audie Murphy the same....I can't.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually called him a clown and labeled him the Worst Person in the World.

Coming from Olberman this may actually be a compliment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: