SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Trojan Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: The Trojan Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Reply with quote

The Spartans have left the Trojan Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Looks like a government land grab to me. I also see Putin has Soros blabbering about solvency as opposed to liquidity issues. Nothing like blasting the economy to get your guy in.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same tactic they have used since the beginning. Use race baiters and "community activists" and "community organizers" (can we say Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Barack Obama, ACORN, LaRaza, LULAC?) to threaten banks and corporations with lawsuits if they don't give loans and credit cards and promotions to people who don't otherwise meet the minimum requirements but who are "oppressed minorities". Get it passed into law by Liberals. Then, when the banks and housing lenders and corporations begin to collapse, bring in the government to rob the taxpayers to pay for the mess they created...and strip the private sector of control of banks and lending institutions and corporations, add more restrictions and regulations, and strip the people of more liberty. This is a spiral to economic Hell and the end of Western civilization if we don't stop it and get it back on track and restore true capitalism and free markets. Did I mention oil and energy and food prices going out of sight due to more government meddling, regulation, and control...?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trojan Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:

Looks like a government land grab to me. I also see Putin has Soros blabbering about solvency as opposed to liquidity issues. Nothing like blasting the economy to get your guy in.
Here's hoping that was the 'exhaustion gap' down that the Financials needed to get the selling out of the way and put in a permanent bottom! About the time you wrote that, I bought some FNM and sold it yesterday for a tidy 50% profit....Sometimes we need the Putins of the world to wring out those extra profits....ain't Capitalism great! (If I wasn't clear enough, I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion....Solvency has been the Democrat 'word of the week')
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Trojan Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
GenrXr wrote:

Here's hoping that was the 'exhaustion gap' down that the Financials needed to get the selling out of the way and put in a permanent bottom! About the time you wrote that, I bought some FNM and sold it yesterday for a tidy 50% profit....Sometimes we need the Putins of the world to wring out those extra profits....ain't Capitalism great! (If I wasn't clear enough, I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion....Solvency has been the Democrat 'word of the week')

Good trade Deuce. I was watching those stocks yesterday as they made their move. Very nice. I am currently invested (not trading) in financials. Of course, no one take this as advice for investing and always do your own DD.

When the dot com bubble was going my father and I were shaking our heads. Half the companies on the street were not profitable and "irrational exhuberance" had taken control. It also helped our position that Warren Buffet had to defend his investment strategy from naysayers. People said his time had passed and was losing his investing touch because he had no money in the internet companies and was heavy into old brand companies. That was reinforcement to us that the tech sector was over valuated. I might not agree with Buffett's politics, but the man knows the markets like no other.

It is not bad to look at where the herd is grazing and find yourself a nice clean and quiet pasture to relax and dine.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genxr
Quote:
...Warren Buffet had to defend his investment strategy from naysayers. People said his time had passed and was losing his investing touch because he had no money in the internet companies and was heavy into old brand companies....
Ahh, yess...remember it well. Like you (and Warren), I'm a Benjamin Graham student...and like you a financials 'investor' as well. Pehaps the 'Housing Bill' that isn't a housing bill will shake the tree again this week, and somebody (other than Reid and Pelosi cronies) will make some money in the process!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: