SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corsi's "The Obama Nation" #1 on NY Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Corsi's "The Obama Nation" #1 on NY Times Reply with quote

With Carl Rove having receded into the smoky backrooms, will Jerry Corsi become the left's favorite new boogeyman?

Dr. Corsi certainly has his finger on the American political pulse as, almost four years to the day that his "Unfit for Command" rocked Campaign 2004, his most recent book has skyrocketed to the TOP of the NY Times' Aug 17 2008 Best Seller List...

Quote:
The Mrs. helps Barack Obama's image, while John McCain's ad just misses
BY JOSH GREENMAN
DAILY NEWS OPINIONS EDITOR

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 7:17 PM

Barack Obama

<snip>

Down Arrow: The No. 1 slot on The New York Times Bestseller List is "The Obama Nation," a new book full of criticism of the Illinois senator - including the allegation that a key 2002 speech against the Iraq War that gave Obama a leg up on Hillary Clinton was a barely noticed quip, not an oration.

NY Daily News - cont'd

Let's see if it takes the Times 6 weeks to write a review...THIS time. Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Pelosi's book is even lower on the list than "Lancing Boils for Dummies".
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got to be good. Here's the quote from Media Matters:

Media Matters wrote:
Summary: In its preface, Jerome Corsi compares his new book, The Obama Nation, to his 2004 book Unfit for Command. The comparison seems apt: Just as Unfit for Command contains false attacks on Sen. John Kerry's military service, a Media Matters review finds that The Obama Nation similarly contains numerous falsehoods about Sen. Barack Obama.

I am certainly not a fan of Corsi but he does know how to stir a pot. Having not read the book, I hope his sources are as unimpeachable as were his in "Unfit for Command". At least on that one I knew he was simply the instrument used to bring out the story.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Obama taking a vacation now, and with Bill and Hillary having prime speaking slots at the Dem convention, this just might be the vacation that he regrets.

Obama is not wearing well with the majority, and I hope Corsi's book is the last nail in his political coffin.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
I understand Pelosi's book is even lower on the list than "Lancing Boils for Dummies".

She actually thinks that she's liked. The sales figures ought to put the lie to that. Laughing
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too much to hope but rumbling on the left suggests Obama could be denied the first ballot. His dismal performance and deflating poll numbers may give the Super Delegates reason to reconsider the Hill Beast. Gore seems too content selling carbon credits to 'rescue' the Party.

I'l be in Denver for the convention. It'l be my first in 40 years. May it be like the last.

-Wlm Shakespeare
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agitate the Reprobate 2008...like the antiwar thugs did in '68. They're about to make life miserable for the whole country, so they may as well get a taste of it at their convention.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tews,

It wasn't that simple. Chicago '68 was the result of considerable dysfunction in the Democrat Party. Mayor Daily had warned LBJ that Humphrey and his pro-war stance were untenable. Still he knuckled under in obedience and loosed his crew to enforce discipline. McCarthy and RFK delegates had numerical advantage for the anti-war plank inside the Amphitheater but were muscled under. Outside was a catastrophe ultimately labeled a 'Police Riot' and truly so.

300,000 gathered for the event camped in laundramats, county and city parks before the gathering in Lincoln Park. I worked in a warehouse to the west and was pro-war but had to see what these people were doing. They were inspired mostly by the Yippies and how could you take them seriously? Were there SDS and commies? Yes. Were they vastly outnumbered by dope smoking acid heads? You bet. Their only interest was a sit-in and sh!ts and grins in the park. Against them Cook County Sheriff Joe Woods (brother of Rosemary of the 18 Minute Gap) hired 6000 deputies, Chicago FD fire axed all suspect locations, cancelled all park permits and on Sunday marched into Lincoln en masse to correct the permit violation. Forced onto to the street all and sundry were then held in violation of loitering and vagrancy. Bludgeoning camera crews in the process was revelatory, the outraged networks played it live. The culmination would occur Wednesday when again after supplying power to the bandshell for nutjobs like Allen Ginsburg to espouse their inanity the city cut power and phalanxes of police forced them into a cordon across a rail bridge against the Hilton, the principal home of the convention delegates. There they chose to corral and beat the 'protestors' into police vans in front of cameras. Between there and the Stock Yards miles to the south Dailey had welded man hole covers in a truly paranoiac defense. The National Guard didn't show until Thursday in less than lethal force (jeeps with barbed wire fronts) to discourage a march on the convention site. Having seen the King riots months before where so much of the city was in flames, APCs trundled down State Street and Shoot to Kill orders were issued the comparison was surreal.

I don't presume to instruct Viet Vets but neither do many know some seriously silly s**t going down stateside. The over reaction of Chicago and Cook County is what radicalised the anti-war movement more than anything else. It led to the il-conceived Chicago 7 (why martyr Abbie Hoffman?), the Weatherman and in '72 Hart and McGovern would pull Dailey's credentials.

Today, the Democratic Party has issues as great or greater to their internal discrepencies. Denver can't muster the mailed fist Dailey did so the Hillary/Obama contention could be played without the limits of the earlier contretemp. Rodney King type (typical '60s) stuff could loom though I believe Obama has largely exhausted his supporters. I do hope the moonbats give me something to photograph.

-Wlm Shakespeare
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recall of the events, Squidly. Strange, I didn't see a single Republican name mentioned in that litany of officials who perpetrated the '68 civil rights violations on their fellow man in the name of preserving "civil rights". Does this say something about how things are handled when the "faux civil rights" Democrat Party is in control? Is that their definition of "tolerance"?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor Richard J Dailey is remembered for another quote, "The police are not there to create disorder. They're there to preserve disorder."

-Wlm Shakespeare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: