SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama Campaign tries to link McCain to Abramoff Scandal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Obama Campaign tries to link McCain to Abramoff Scandal Reply with quote

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/20/obama-camp-links-mccain-to-abramoff-scandal/#comment-1501864

Heh, his campaign is the LAST one who should try to be making links to people, considering the collection of nuts and radicals that are hiding in Barry's closet.

Obama's campaign just made a serious error.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the apparent coverup of documentation relating to Obama's ties to the radical terrorist William Ayers, dredging up of SOMETHING by the Obama campaign in an attempt to counter this growing imbroglio is not unexpected.

I'm unfamiliar with the allegation surrounding Abramson/McCain and am inclined to suspect pure smear, but Stanley Kurtz and the conservative blogosphere (not to mention the McCain campaign itself) are onto Obama's apparent "Annenburg" coverup like a junkyard dog...and it is, apparently, substantive.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Given the apparent coverup of documentation relating to Obama's ties to the radical terrorist William Ayers, dredging up of SOMETHING by the Obama campaign in an attempt to counter this growing imbroglio is not unexpected.

I'm unfamiliar with the allegation surrounding Abramson/McCain and am inclined to suspect pure smear, but Stanley Kurtz and the conservative blogosphere (not to mention the McCain campaign itself) are onto Obama's apparent "Annenburg" coverup like a junkyard dog...and it is, apparently, substantive.

Methinks that this will indeed be a big one before it's over, #1. How do you spell hide his real identity? I wouldn't trust Obama to wind my watch, much less, watch my back!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Barry, can we take a look at your records?

I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama's ad linked McCain to Abramov through Ralph Reed a tenuous connection. McCain's aid spiked the ball:

Quote:
“Barack Obama’s ad is ridiculous. Because of John McCain, corruption was exposed and people like Jack Abramoff went to jail.

“However, if Barack Obama wants to have a discussion about truly questionable associations, let’s start with his relationship with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers, at whose home Obama’s political career was reportedly launched. Mr. Ayers was a leader of the Weather Underground, a terrorist group responsible for countless bombings against targets including the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon and numerous police stations, courthouses and banks. In recent years, Mr. Ayers has stated, ‘I don’t regret setting bombs … I feel we didn’t do enough.’

“The question now is, will Barack Obama immediately call on the University of Illinois to release all of the records they are currently withholding to shed further light on Senator Obama’s relationship with this unrepentant terrorist?” –McCain spokesman Brian Rogers

-Wlm Shakespeare
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“The question now is, will Barack Obama immediately call on the University of Illinois to release all of the records they are currently withholding to shed further light on Senator Obama’s relationship with this unrepentant terrorist?”

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: New Obama ad: Hey, McCain’s rich Reply with quote

New Obama ad: Hey, McCain’s rich

To wit:

Quote:
Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people “cling” to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?

The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans. –McCain spokesman Brian Rogers

Obama makes this too easy.

More Rezko dirt: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08212008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/baracks_favors_for_corrupt_crony_125390.htm

note: BBCode hyperlink edited/me#1

-Wlm Shakespeare
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Blocking access to records, redux Reply with quote

I'll bet the Obama campaign is really happy to have to the spotlight focused on this redux of the legacy of John Kerry as a poster boy for how NOT to respond to requests for your records when serious allegations are leveled, thus giving them even more "legs". His "halo" is being turned into a "storm cloud".

Keep everyone's attention focused on the sameness and shallowness and lack of character bonding these treacherous twin truth-benders.

...after further review from the booth.....

Obama criticizes McCain because McCain owns 7 or 8 properties, he uses two for his own domiciles, and the others are occupied by family members (not sure whether they pay rent).

Obama lives in a #1.4M mansion obtained through shady dealings with CONVICTED criminal Tony Rezko while Obama's brother lives in a cardboard shack in Africa on an income of $1 per month....who's the elitist?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: