SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HMM-265, 31st MEU's ACE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: HMM-265, 31st MEU's ACE Reply with quote

I work with the mother of a Marine pilot who passed flight training in Pensacola and assigned to HMM-265. He's currently in California, I think Santa Ana MCAB.

She's a proud mother who proudly tacked her son's wings on him at his graduation. The issue is that he refuses to provide her with info of where his unit is going. He's probably doing it to keep her from worry, but she practically broke down in tears in the office Thursday because of the unknown.

I don't want to know the day of my death, but I would want to know where my son's unit is being sent. So I ask, is there a website that provides info on where a unit is located and where it's slotted to be in the future?

Thanks in advance, Steve
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, deployment destinations are rarely announced to the public, for security reasons.

Sometimes, the public just has to sit back and pray.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of information is classified as I recall, to protect the unit members from hostiles that might get a fix on where they will be based and who they are.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your friend might get some help and comfort from this web site,

http://www.marineparents.com/deployment/
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deployments dates and destinations are sometimes desseminated (such as in the case of Sarah Palins son and and Bidens son) but generally not, for security reasons.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: HMM-265, 31st MEU's ACE Reply with quote

fastrock wrote:
I work with the mother of a Marine pilot who passed flight training in Pensacola and assigned to HMM-265. He's currently in California, I think Santa Ana MCAB.

She's a proud mother who proudly tacked her son's wings on him at his graduation. The issue is that he refuses to provide her with info of where his unit is going. He's probably doing it to keep her from worry, but she practically broke down in tears in the office Thursday because of the unknown.

I don't want to know the day of my death, but I would want to know where my son's unit is being sent. So I ask, is there a website that provides info on where a unit is located and where it's slotted to be in the future?

Thanks in advance, Steve

If you know the unit, my best advice is to contact the Chaplin. He will make sure that any information that can be passed on, is passed on. Beyond that, much of this type of info is classified, and rightly so. In this instance, I think the Chaplin is the right guy to address her concerns.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all I appreciate the info. Lew I'll pass on the Marineparent website, I previewed and it looks like a site she can find others on. Zinfella I past on the info regarding the chaplin also. Certainly can't hurt.

Again thanks everyone
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastrock wrote:
Thanks all I appreciate the info. Lew I'll pass on the Marineparent website, I previewed and it looks like a site she can find others on. Zinfella I past on the info regarding the chaplin also. Certainly can't hurt.

Again thanks everyone

The Chaplin has a way of leaning on folks that are unnecessarily cryptic when it comes to their family. At least talking to him would affirm that movement info is classified in this instance, or not. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: