SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Sarah Palin is VP choice
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Sarah Palin is VP choice.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:

I am very happy.

Where did you see that she was chosen? Drudge not reporting yet.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...acoording to WABC in NYC, Palin has been chosen!

Sounds good to me

Drudge has it now...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_mccain_veepstakes
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More coming out about her as I type. Great choice.

ocsparky101 wrote:
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up palinjindal.com

Woot!

Of course I am saving it for them. Smile
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did McCain just trump Obama's "Deuce of Clubs" Joe Biden with

...but she is young and inexperienced?

Reply: Really, she has more managerial and leadership experience than Obama, and now let's compare Obama's experience with McCain's experience...don't EVEN go there!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tad more experience than 142 days a as a freshman senator.
Also as the V.P. she CAN get on the job training as opposed to Obama who would have to get the training while being the leader. That does not compute.
Being a governor is a much better qualification for President than being a senator. Probably why the last senator we elected was JFK way back when.

Alaska loves her and she has done some really good work up there reforming the Alaska state govt.
Check this out.

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/
Quote:

----

Sarah Palin is an anomaly in American politics. It’s not because she’s a woman, not because of her blue-collar background, and not because of her ability to juggle the titles of “governor” and “committed mother of five”. Forget about all of that stuff for a moment; it’s interesting, but if Barack Obama has taught us anything, it’s that a compelling biography is not a qualification for leadership. Instead, Palin is unique because she can claim one of the broadest bases of support of any leader in our country. Other than the lunatic fringes of Alaska’s kleptocratic political establishment, nobody hates her.

Most politicians rise to power because they represent a certain wing of their party, and even some of their own partisans detest them. Mike Huckabee will never resonate with libertarian republicans, social conservatives cannot support Rudy Giuliani, certain evangelicals will always have a problem with Mitt Romney, and frankly I doubt that hard-core conservatives will ever fully embrace John McCain. That doesn’t make them bad candidates; it just means that they face significant opposition within the Republican Party. Sarah Palin does not have that problem.
I have been working to draft Gov. Palin as Vice President since February of 2007, and I can recount first hand how she has united divergent views among Republicans and is now even gaining Democratic support. The key is that she offers a combination of qualities that make her a hero to many, many different groups. For instance, two of our strongest bases of support have been social conservatives and libertarian republicans, who are normally at each other’s throats.

However, she offered both groups something that they desperately wanted without compromising any appeal to the other. The SoCons loved her pro-life, pro-family, and pro-gun positions, while the libertarians and fiscal conservatives cheered her on as she vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars of wasteful government spending. Getting those two groups to sing kum-ba-ya was enough of an accomplishment, but now it appears that a third group has found what it wants in Gov. Palin: McCainocrats.

For those Democrats who are considering abandoning the Obama ticket (primarily disillusioned Clinton supporters), Palin represents the final push into the Republican camp. Not only is she a woman (which, like it or not, is an issue for some voters), but she also puts a fresh, future-oriented face on the McCain campaign. By upending Alaska’s corrupt political class, Palin has actually produced the type of change that Barack Obama can only talk about; and her collar is far bluer than Joe Biden’s ever was. Furthermore, she is arguably the only candidate who has the necessary expertise to address the single most pressing issue in this election: gas prices. As Governor of Alaska, Chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (America’s largest interstate organization), and a former Chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Sarah Palin can run rings around almost anyone when it comes to oil.

The last candidate to assemble such a broad coalition of support was a gentleman by the name of Ronald Wilson Reagan. He not only won the presidency in two successive landslides, but went on to become one of the most beloved and effective presidents in recent history. Now, I realize that it is somewhat presumptuous of me to make this comparison, but I personally have no doubt that Sarah Palin has the capability to become the next Reagan. In fact, the only real question that I have heard is whether we should bring her to the forefront now as a VP candidate or save her for later as a full-fledged presidential hopeful in 2012. I personally choose the former, because the latter involves the defeat of John McCain and the election of President Obama and Vice President Biden. 2008 will be a crucial election year, with the winner being handed the responsibility for the Iraq war, the gasoline crisis, the Russo-Georgian conflict, and any number of other issues. The stakes are simply too high to throw McCain under the bus and bide our time. Likewise, Sen. McCain should realize that the stakes are too high for him to select a VP candidate who simply “does no harm” rather than pushing his ticket over the top.

There is one sure fire solution to this problem, one way to guarantee a McCain surge, one way to put Obama on the defensive, and one way to steamroll to victory in November. Her name is Sarah Palin.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
I picked up palinjindal.com

Woot!

Of course I am saving it for them. Smile

Now THAT'S some foresight GenrXr...impressive Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! John McCain FINALLY did something to energize the base!

I think it's going to bring in a lot of Hillary supporters, too - there was already a "Hillary Supporters for McCain" sign in the audience today. Smile

What a great day! I'm more optimistic now than I've been in years. In fact, I told my husband as soon as it started coming across the wires that the election just turned into a walk.

He is not as optimistic as I am, but I had him a little at a disadvantage because, having hung out here for the last eight years, I knew who Sarah Palin is. Smile
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the Obama "CinderFELLA" story...

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Wow! John McCain FINALLY did something to energize the base!

I'm ENERGIZED ! I'm ENERGIZED ! Twisted Evil

(oh, you mean THAT kind of energized Razz )
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I am re-energized !!!!!!

I saw & heard her speech. Great choice !!!!!

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Mixing Metaphors Reply with quote

Some brilliant illustrator could have a heyday with the possibilities...

1. Hillary driving for a layup, Obama blocks the shot, Palin picks up the rebound and drains a 3-pointer.

2. Biden in goal, Palin on a breakaway...SCORE!!!!

3. Obama running down the field with the ball and FUMBLES to McCain.

4. Biden on the mound, serves up an 0-2 mistake, and Palin plants it on the other side of the scoreboard in Centerfield.

5. Hillary blocking the plate, and Palin steamrolls her and scores.

6. John Kerry in his "can I get me a huntin' license" garb with Palin and her husband in the background doing REAL hunting and fishing...her nickname is "Baracuda", by the way.

7. Obama in his regal toga with the halo around his head talking about the "bitter clingers and their guns and bibles" with Palin and her family in NRA gear instructing at a Hunter Safety clinic right after attending Church....

...the possibilities are endless
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics header is now up at McCain '08...not bad...

...and another just showed up on the home page...

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palin is defintely a good choice. Not only because she is a woman, but because she is a strong conservative.

This is one of the better moves McCain has made in years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: