SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Obama vetted by Bill Ayers?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: "Obama vetted by Bill Ayers?" Reply with quote

A nicely composed opinion piece from "flyover country" where heads are still screwed on tight...

Quote:
Obama vetted by Bill Ayers?
By John Fogle
Community Columnist

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 11:21 a.m.

Jerome Corsi’s book, “The Obama Nation,” hit the number one spot on the New York Times bestseller list (non-fiction) a few weeks ago, raising interesting discussion points.

The book casts Barack Obama in a dreadful light, pointing out every negative that Corsi could dig up. “The Case Against Barack Obama,” by David Freddoso, has been within the top 10 for a few weeks as well.

The books essentially point out areas of concern that the press would have uncovered if they weren’t in the tank for Obama. By consciously avoiding the negative aspects of Obama’s background, the press opened the door for someone like Corsi to make millions filling in the gaps.

As fascinating as Corsi’s book is, the response by the Obama campaign is even more fascinating. The campaign released a vicious 40 page verbal assault (http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/corsi) which should be required reading for anyone interested in politics. Democrats honestly believe that a vigorous attack can overcome negative facts, believing, for example, that John Kerry should have forcefully attacked the Swift Boat Veterans.

For years, Democrats have noisily repeated the lie that the Swift Boat Veterans were not truthful, and they have finally fooled some of the people. But it took years – one can’t sell a big lie like that over the short span of a campaign. There were no Swift-boat lies.

Just to recap, Kerry opened the discussion by publishing an old photo of him and 19 other Swift-boat officers. It turned out that 12 of the 19, as well as every surviving officer who commanded Kerry’s unit, believed that Kerry was unfit for command, and said so. All of these people could be interviewed by anyone doubting their veracity.

Pages 34 through 40 of the Obama campaign’s response document consist of overblown name-calling attacks on Corsi. The document also catalogs 51 trivial mistakes and calls them lies.

For example, in his haste to publish the book, Corsi missed the date of the Obamas’ marriage by a few years. This has no impact on the book’s overall thesis, and to call it a lie is ludicrous.

There were other mistakes, with Corsi saying that Obama failed to mention something, and the Obama campaign finding it mentioned somewhere else. Big deal. Of the 51 so called lies, I counted 11 that weren’t even mistakes.

For example, the book says that Obama voted “present” on a “born alive” bill in the Illinois Senate. (“Present” counts the same as a “no” vote.) Born alive bills state that a child born alive in a botched abortion must be given medical attention, and not thrown into the trash. The campaign responded that 34 percent of senators voted against at least one of the born alive bills. Interesting, but it doesn’t refute Corsi’s statement.

By far the most revealing item in the document is the attempt to paint unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers and his wife, fellow terrorist Bernardine Dohrn, as decent human beings.

Dohrn stands credibly accused of placing a bomb at a San Francisco police station that killed one officer and partially blinded another. Ayers admitted to participating in dozens of bombings in opposition to the Vietnam War, and said in 1998 that he would do it all again, and said in 2001 that he wished he had set more bombs.

Although Americans have not completely vetted Obama, you can bet that Ayers and Dohrn vetted him in 1995 before they hosted a fund-raiser for him. Rightly or wrongly, they must have believed that Obama was one of them. Ask yourself this question. If a Republican presidential candidate attended a fund-raiser at the home of someone who bombed an abortion clinic 25 years earlier, would that be an issue in the campaign?

In an attempt to show Ayers and Dohrn are regular folks, the document includes this quote from Stanley Fish, law professor at Florida International University: “… at the time of the events that brought Ayers and Dohrn to public attention, I was a supporter of the Vietnam War. I haven’t asked him to absolve me of that sin (of which I have since repented), and he hasn’t asked me to forgive him for his (if he has any).”

If he has any ? Can you believe the Obama campaign consciously selected this quote to vouch for Ayers? We always knew left-wingers didn’t see anything wrong with violent opposition to the Vietnam War. What’s new is that they now apparently believe ordinary Americans agree with them.

John Fogle can be contacted at fogle222@bellsouth.net

Times-News
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Community Columnist

Heh,

Great find, good article, and clearly Fogle has a sense of humor (which clearly defines him as NOT a liberal). Hope the community columnists keep'm coming!

Deuce
community blogger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: