SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Associated Press Lies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Associated Press Lies Reply with quote

Here's the latest reference to the Swift Vets by the Associated Press. I have seen that meme so many times by the AP. This story is nothing more than a press release by the Obama camp. Obama has let it be known that he won't allow himself to be, as he calls it, "Swiftboated" and uses attack tactics to respond to criticisms. So, the AP runs with that and puts up heaps of bias for their boy.

Obama's reference was to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an outside group that in 2004 made unsubstantiated allegations about Democratic nominee John Kerry's decorated military record in Vietnam.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_el_pr/obama_lipstick

So, there was nothing but "unsubstantiated allegations." Those are the maddening words.

We've seen it before, we'll see it again. And I'll be just as pissed every time.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Is this unsubstantiated? Reply with quote

In December 1968, at the time Kerry says he spent Christmas in Cambodia being fired upon by South Vietnamese soldiers celebrating Christmas on guard duty, even inadvertent incursions into Cambodia were illegal and were prevented by patrol boats on the rivers and canals all along the South Vietnam/Cambodia border. Further, Kerry could not possibly have been delivering food and ammunition and other supplies to the Khmer Rouge because they were virtually nonexistent in 1968, and they were Communist Guerrillas on the side of the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong. Further, President Nixon couldn't have ordered him to enter Cambodia because Richard Nixon had not yet taken office.

Such manufactured events "seared" into John Kerry's memory should trouble you as much as they trouble me regarding his honesty and his judgment. The same holds true for Kerry's version of the "No Man Left Behind" Incident on the Bay Hap River, which the undisputed facts show occurred as the Swiftvets described and not the way Kerry wrote up the encounter in his official after action report and in his diary.

If John Kerry intentionally misrepresented his activities in order to "embelish" his war record, shame on him for lying. If he actually believed they were true the way he wrote them up and as he entered them into his own diary, he has serious mental or psychological deficiencies and needs therapy. Either way, John Kerry was then and will always be "Unfit For Command".
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, Kerry never mentioned any incursions into Cambodia until after he wrote a review on Apolcalypse Now.

The left will forever repeat the unsubstantiated claim that the Swifties made unsubstantiated claims against their boy.

One fact will forever remain, though, he lost!!!!!!!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam war veteran and Poet Laureate Russ Vaughn put it best with his article Tap, Tap, Tap, which includes these lines:

The vindication we’ll accept
In settling up this long-held debt,
Is each of us will do his best
To deny you, John, your life-long quest.

Listen carefully John to what we say,
November 2nd is Veterans’ Day.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm drawing a correct conclusion from my "Google News Alerts", this particular AP story and its preposterous "unsubstantiated" leftist meme is getting some pretty good circulation. However, you can also find evidence that the canard is not universal, even among leftist friendly news organizations.

Here's an example from today's CNN...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
The phrase "swift boat" comes from the 2004 presidential election, when the group "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" launched an attack ad campaign against Democratic candidate John Kerry that was said by some to be false.

CNN

There is, beyond doubt, a strong inclination among leftist media and punditry to adhere to the "that's our story and we're sticking to it" gameplan, but it is not the same "gameplan" that will be followed by serious historians...and organizations such as CNN are more than aware of that reality.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
If I'm drawing a correct conclusion from my "Google News Alerts", this particular AP story and its preposterous "unsubstantiated" leftist meme is getting some pretty good circulation. However, you can also find evidence that the canard is not universal, even among leftist friendly news organizations.

Here's an example from today's CNN...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
The phrase "swift boat" comes from the 2004 presidential election, when the group "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" launched an attack ad campaign against Democratic candidate John Kerry that was said by some to be false.

CNN

There is, beyond doubt, a strong inclination among leftist media and punditry to adhere to the "that's our story and we're sticking to it" gameplan, but it is not the same "gameplan" that will be followed by serious historians...and organizations such as CNN are more than aware of that reality.

They all know that the Swifties were telling the truth, and it's beyond odd that they continue driving themselves over the cliff, when they know that they're committing suicide with historians.

IMO, they just keep hoping beyond hope that people will believe their lies, at least long enough to get their candidates in office. They don't seem to want to acknowledge that they cannot keep this up forever, and a reckoning will come. Case in point is MSNBC's yanking of Mathews and Olbermann from host status. Yet, even with that, the attitude at MSNBC has not changed, they continue to endorse the far left. They know damn well that sacrificing those two liberal mouthpieces is only putting a band aid on a sinking ship.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Vietnam war veteran and Poet Laureate Russ Vaughn put it best with his article Tap, Tap, Tap, which includes these lines:

The vindication we’ll accept
In settling up this long-held debt,
Is each of us will do his best
To deny you, John, your life-long quest.

Listen carefully John to what we say,
November 2nd is Veterans’ Day
Wow...Thanks, had not seen that one...I guess Poet Vaughn gives us permission to redistribute, so I won't ask!

Like Kerry, to believe the unsubstantiated claim that Obama and his communist friends have been vetted requires a suspension of disbelief! The Communist Caucus in Congress has become extremely bloated!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the entire article posted here if you want to grab whatever you want from it...just attribute Russ Vaughn.

Tap, Tap, Tap…

There is a link to his webpage on that page....enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: