SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any suggestions on letter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Any suggestions on letter Reply with quote

I have followed your group for a long time but have just joined. Let me start with a heartfelt thank you for all your efforts in revealing the truth. I live in an area where your ad is playing and am outraged that even here the local media only plays the Kerry campaign soundbites about your group so I have decided to write to the editor. There is so much I want to say but am limited to 300 words but any suggestions to make the message stronger would be greatly appreciated.

No Media Bias?

Case in point: for months the press screamed in headlines and newscasts that President Bush was "AWOL" from the National Guard.

Were these charges brought by fellow serviceman? No, of course not, it was the DNC. Even though it was an obvious smear by the Democrats and unsubstanstiated the media pursued it vigoursly and "demanded" the President release his military records. So the President complied and what did the find, nothing. In fact they found nothing for the third time.

Did the media then claim the Democrats were smearing the President by claiming he was "AWOL" without any proof to back up their claims? No, they just dropped the story and let the cloud hang over the President's head still allowing the DNC to make their dubious claims as if they were fact.

Now come different accusations.

This time they are about John Kerry and brought forward by "The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth". These accusations against Senator Kerry are brought forward by eye-witnesses readily available to be interviewed.

With over 250 fellow veterans who served on Swift Boats in Vietnam questioning his record and fitness to be Commander in Chief I would think this would be a major story. Sadly, instead of the press "demanding" that Senator Kerry release all Medical and Deployment records to substanstiate or refute these statements they viciously attack the decorated and honorable veterans who make the charges.

Are these accusations true? I don't know but it's not my job to find out, it is the job ad the duty of the press. Since John Kerry has made his service record the cornerstone of his campaign an"unbiased media" would not dismiss the accusations and smear the messanger. An "unbiased media" would investigate and let us know who is telling the truth.

I should let you know that I do believe you and not Senator Kerry but I thought maybe someone in the media would feel shameful for not doing their job.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds terrific to me. Go with it!
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job. You might mention one of the organization's claims, that Kerry wasn't in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, has been acknowledged as true by the Kerry campaign.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Jeff Carrington's excellent letter Reply with quote

Please read jeffs excellent letter to the washington post.It may be of great help.On thread "Washington Post editorial " "Swift Boat Smears"
It is fantastic writing.
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement and I wanted to put something in about Cambodia but they won't accept anything over 300 words. Maybe I'll have a follow up letter next week with the updated facts and lies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: