SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama's birth certificate - can anyone tell from it
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Obama's birth certificate - can anyone tell from it Reply with quote

if it looks like a real certified copy from Hawaii BC records? This was posted on my msg board. they said it was embossed and signed on the back - so it doesn't show on the front. I've used government embossing seals before - it should leave an indention even if done with back facing up. HOWEVER, we always embossed on the front of the doc (and signed) NOT on the back (CA & AZ courts).

ANY indention from the seal should show on the front. I see NO even slight mark that would be caused by the seal.

be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to at least one lawsuit, the birth certificate shown on Obama's website and several other places on the internet is actually an altered marriage certificate from his sister's marriage. In any case, no authenticated copy has ever been produced. The claim in the most prominent lawsuit is that he was actually born in Kenya and his mother got him to Hawii within a few days after his birth...airlines were much more averse to allowing 9 month pregnant women fly back in those days. The birth certificate was then produced, but under those circumstances, it would be a forgery, as claimed in the lawsuit.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near the bottom, there's some faint text that appears to be bleeding in from the back of the document, and it's reversed like it would be if printed on the back. Looks to be a date, sometime in 2007.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't a simple matter to see if the birth certificate is actually on file in Hawaii?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am continuously confused by all this Certificate of Live Birth issue.

I am a pretty proficient genealogy researcher, and as such am constantly going to courthouses to find original records. Now I don't know anything about Hawaiian practices, but every other state's records I've searched (most of the states east and northeast of Texas) these "suitable for framing" certificates are generated on request. More specifically, and more importantly, these are not the original records, or even the form of the original records.

Or to put it another way, my mother obtained a notarized copy of my birth certificate for me (from Texas) in 1959. I've used that copy through the years until it was literally falling apart. Recently I went back to the same courthouse and requested a new notarized copy. Not only was my name misspelled on the new copy, but the form of the certificate was completely different from the original.

Way too much emphasis is being placed on what I think is a completely bogus issue - the Live Birth Certificate form - unless someone can vouch that Hawaii, unlike any of the other states I've researched, actually keeps their live birth records in this form.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without regard to how the document might look, it should be easy enough to find out if the birth was recorded in Hawaii, or not. Creating a counterfeit birth certificate would not place the event in the records of the state of Hawaii. I don't think it takes a lawsuit to verify this one way or the other.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of your arguments just further raise the curiosity level as to why Obama doesn't merely allow an authenticated copy to be produced and examined rather than posting a bogus one on his website that had to be removed. The FACT of his birth is not in question, but the time and place still are, along with whether his mother qualified to confer American citizenship to him at the time and place of his birth. Further, did his being adopted by his stepfather and actions following his move including providing him Indonesian citizenship (I think they don't allow dual citizenship) forfeit or cancel his fragile American citizenship? It's all spelled out in the lawsuit.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
All of your arguments just further raise the curiosity level as to why Obama doesn't merely allow an authenticated copy to be produced and examined rather than posting a bogus one on his website that had to be removed.

Maybe the same reason that Lurch won't sign the 180. Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, now why didn't I think of that?...maybe that's why a DEMOCRAT is suing.... Shocked
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk.

And listening to the Demagogue spin machine, I thought he was born in Bethlehem.
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx ya'll! thx zinfella! I could see that there might be something ink stamped on the back - but not the seal of the state (or county) / issuing agency.

no one knows anyone born in Hawaii who could show one to compare it to? I don't...
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
thx ya'll! thx zinfella! I could see that there might be something ink stamped on the back - but not the seal of the state (or county) / issuing agency.

no one knows anyone born in Hawaii who could show one to compare it to? I don't...

AFAIK, no seal means no good, and if it was there the seal should be visible to us here.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Near the bottom, there's some faint text that appears to be bleeding in from the back of the document, and it's reversed like it would be if printed on the back. Looks to be a date, sometime in 2007.

NOV 6 2007

wonder what happened on Nov 6, 2007??? I'm sure someone in the media has vetted this! cough.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
zinfella wrote:

NOV 6 2007

wonder what happened on Nov 6, 2007??? I'm sure someone in the media has vetted this! cough.

My guess is that date stamp reflects the date it was issued. Don't ask me why they would do that. Wink
Stevie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no seal means no good, and if it was there the seal should be visible to us here.

that's what I thought - from yrs ago using those
embossing agency seals!

using it face up on either side would leave a mark!

I didn't see one on this 'copy' - but then my eyes are really bad - even with my glasses.

no way would I have known the 'ink' date on the back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: