SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here is some information on the email hacker of Palins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Here is some information on the email hacker of Palins Reply with quote

I have been doing some online research on the issue of Sarah Palins private email being hacked for political puropses.

The people that have an exculisive on it are http: //gawker.com I searched to find out that Gawker.com is hosted by markmonitor.com. Markmonitor.com is a site that claims to protect peoples trademark rights, and other rights online. They boast, "MarkMonitor the Global Leader in Enterprise Brand Protection" Now why is MarkMonitor.com supporting a smear website or allowing a hacked email account to be posted on one of their sites? Hummmmm?

I emailed nick@gawker.com and told him "I can't think of anything more despicable than to break and enter into someone's personal email account. I don't know if you did it or paid someone for the information, it is still a horrible illegal thing to do. I hope you all go to jail over this stupid act of invasion of privacy." Not poetic at all, but at least I told someone.

Also the email account of Sarah Palins is a Yahoo account. Yahoo claims privacy in their statement online. So why is a Yahoo account so easily hacked? I personally think the hacker may be a Yahoo insider. A tech. I can't prove that at this time so it is only my opinion.

I am bringing this to you all because maybe you know your way around the Internet, and maybe you will do what I did.

I contacted the New York office of MarkMonitor.com and asked why they allow a hacked private email to be posted on their server if they are so into security on their servers? Here is their NY contact info.
MarkMonitor
2500 Plaza 5
Harborside Financial Center
Jersey City, NJ 07311
Tel: (201) 633-5525
Fax: (201) 633-5526
Email: admin@markmonitor.com

I also emailed Yahoo customer support and asked them if my email is private and if Sarah Palin was hacked by an Yahoo tech. And told them I wanted an answer.

Might not do any good, but I would like to see some public outrage over something. This is a good case to work on.

note: Gawker link disabled...don't want to send them traffic from here...thanks/me#1
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: State rep confirms that son is subject of Palin e-mail chatt Reply with quote

State Rep. Mike Kernell confirmed Thursday that his son, a University of Tennessee-Knoxville student, is at the center of heated Internet discussion into the hacking of the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, confirmed that it is his 20-year-old son, David, who is being widely named on Internet blogs and chatrooms in connection with an unfolding story about Palin's hacked e-mail accounts.
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080918/NEWS02/80918081
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: State rep confirms that son is subject of Palin e-mail c Reply with quote

Thank you. The media sure isn't doing anything to publish this.

baldeagle wrote:
State Rep. Mike Kernell confirmed Thursday that his son, a University of Tennessee-Knoxville student, is at the center of heated Internet discussion into the hacking of the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, confirmed that it is his 20-year-old son, David, who is being widely named on Internet blogs and chatrooms in connection with an unfolding story about Palin's hacked e-mail accounts.
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080918/NEWS02/80918081
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=64033&provider=top
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no question in my mind that the father was involved in this matter. I personally e mailed him and told him he needed to step down because of is violation of the public trust.

rep.mike.kernell@legislature.state.tn.us
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
There is no question in my mind that the father was involved in this matter.

Yikes OC..."Sins of the son..."? Confused Laughing
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
ocsparky101 wrote:
There is no question in my mind that the father was involved in this matter.

Yikes OC..."Sins of the son..."? Confused Laughing

You're right Me#1You#10. Yikes!!
Kind of reminds me of an incident about 6 years back. My then teenage daughter used the F-word while flaming another user in an online chat room and our service provider terminated our service for a TOS violation. It took a bunch of grovelling and explaining to get back online. Parents don't always have control of the dumb things their children do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: