SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it too late to start a write-in campaign?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Is it too late to start a write-in campaign? Reply with quote

For Joe the plumber???

The Democrats seem to think that they're already running against him - all the media is attacking him! Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late. They have already found out that he is a registered Republican, so that automatically disqualifies him from running for any public office. Now if he were a homeless drug addict that ACORN could register, .....
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, in all the attacks by the Thugocracy, the statement, "I want to spread around the wealth" goes ignored.

The National Plumbing Organization has added their two cents worth now.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Plumbers Union really tried to rip Joe a new one, since they've endorsed their favorite commie-lib Democrat.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ask yourself how many "undecided" voters were swayed by seeing an ordinary guy who simply asked Obama a legitimate question attacked viciously by the Obamessiah's "Change Agents". There but for the grace of God go you or I.

By the way, several members of Congress, including Charlie Rangle, and the Obama Campaign Treasurer also have tax liens against them, but you don't see that in the media. If Obama wins, there will be many more.

The real message is, if a guy like "Joe the Plumber" is struggling so hard he gets behind on his taxes under the current tax rate, how much worse will it be for him and everyone else under the onerous taxes coming if Obama and the Liberals take over the Congress, the White House, and all of the courts.

...there is an alterate plan:

BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Obamunists have to be stopped.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
The Obamunists have to be stopped.

Swift Drain Plumbers for Truth?

(my apologies in advance Embarassed Laughing )
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Joe the Plumber is already being eviscerated by our leftie press as violently as if he were the Republican candidate.

As soon as I heard that question and answer on the news, I thought that eventually, this is going to be seen as a definining in this campaign. The moment in which Barack Obama finally put into plain language exactly what an Obama administration is going to mean to the average American. I'm going to take your money away if you're too rich and I'm going to give it to someone who hasn't been as lucky as you.

"When you spread the wealth around, everyone is better off."

Everyone? You liar!

The people you're taking it away from aren't better off! And bottom line, the people you give it to aren't better off, either, but that's a long involved discussion that they are not capable of arguing.

All the billions and trillions we've thrown at the poverty problem over the years haven't solved it. Doubling or tripling or quadrupling the outlay isn't going to begin to address it, either - especially if, in the process of redistributing the wealth, you've increased the number of people who are poor.

And you know the thing that is most astonishing to me in this election cycle? It's that the talking heads are completely unabashed and unashamed of their partisan behavior. Year ago, they had the good grace to at least be a bit sheepish about the fact that they were using their platform to campaign for liberal people and policies.

But, it's as though they've finally realized that there have never been any negative repercussions for their obvious bias and electioneering, so they might as well come right out into the open. It's been like a dam burst, the last couple of years. It's one of the most frustrating, maddening things I've ever encountered in my life. I thought the 2004 election was bad - this is unbelievable.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Yep, Joe the Plumber is already being eviscerated by our leftie press as violently as if he were the Republican candidate.

As soon as I heard that question and answer on the news, I thought that eventually, this is going to be seen as a definining in this campaign. The moment in which Barack Obama finally put into plain language exactly what an Obama administration is going to mean to the average American. I'm going to take your money away if you're too rich and I'm going to give it to someone who hasn't been as lucky as you.

"When you spread the wealth around, everyone is better off."

Everyone? You liar!

The people you're taking it away from aren't better off! And bottom line, the people you give it to aren't better off, either, but that's a long involved discussion that they are not capable of arguing.

All the billions and trillions we've thrown at the poverty problem over the years haven't solved it. Doubling or tripling or quadrupling the outlay isn't going to begin to address it, either - especially if, in the process of redistributing the wealth, you've increased the number of people who are poor.

And you know the thing that is most astonishing to me in this election cycle? It's that the talking heads are completely unabashed and unashamed of their partisan behavior. Year ago, they had the good grace to at least be a bit sheepish about the fact that they were using their platform to campaign for liberal people and policies.

But, it's as though they've finally realized that there have never been any negative repercussions for their obvious bias and electioneering, so they might as well come right out into the open. It's been like a dam burst, the last couple of years. It's one of the most frustrating, maddening things I've ever encountered in my life. I thought the 2004 election was bad - this is unbelievable.

If, God forbid, Obama gets elected, well see how that affects freedom of the press. They may very well regret their bad judgment in supporting the Marxist candidate.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...all well said.

Art Laffer was a little more succinct on Fox when he put it this way:

You can't make the Poor Rich by making the Rich Poor!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: