SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, chief of staff, arrested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, chief of staff, arrested Reply with quote

I suppose it's conceivable that Obama might remain, somehow, untainted as this story unfolds...but Patrick Fitzgerald is about to filet an enormous corrupt fish from the cesspool of Illinois politics...

Quote:
TRIBUNE EXCLUSIVE
Illinois Gov. Blagojevich, chief of staff, arrested
By Jeff Coen, David Kidwell and Monique Garcia
Tribune staff reporters
9:14 AM CST, December 9, 2008

Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, were arrested by FBI agents on federal corruption charges Tuesday morning.

Blagojevich and Harris were arrested simultaneously at their homes at about 6:15 a.m., according to Frank Bochte of the FBI. Both were awakened in their residences and transported to FBI headquarters in Chicago.

In one charge related to the appointment of a senator to replace Barack Obama, prosecutors allege that Blagojevich sought appointment for himseld as Secretary of Health and Human Services in the new Obama administration, or a lucrative job with a union, in exchange for appointing a union-preferred candidate.

Another charge alleges Blagojevich and Harris conspired to demand the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of him in exchange for state help with the sale of Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium owned by Tribune Co.

Blagojevich and Harris, along with others, obtained and sought to gain financial benefits for the governor, members of his family and his campaign fund in exchange for appointments to state boards and commissions, state jobs and state contracts, according to the charges.

"The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering," U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said in a statement.

"They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an effort to trample editorial voices of criticism."

Blagojevich is scheduled to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Nan Nolan later today, according to Randall Samborn of the U.S. attorney's office.

Chicago Tribune - cont'd

"Merry Fitzmas" to all the nutroots who were obsessing over the prospect of a Carl Rove "frogmarch".

I hope someone got pictures.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush still has til Jan 20 or so for his DoJ to make this the shortest term ever for Barry O.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it say about Obama's judgment to have exchanged endorsements with Blogo about as often as lover's exchange vows? Either Obama is as corrupt as Blogo or Obama is too stupid and gullible and naive to be POTUS. Either way, he is "UNFIT FOR COMMAND", just like all the other Liberals who have sought this highest office...John Kerry, eat your heart out.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the founding fathers around today, they would be astounded by the ignorance and apathy of "We, The People" and "Unfit To Vote", by Thomas Jefferson et al, would be in its 100th printing.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and of course the audio book version of it would be selling like hot cakes since fewer and fewer kids graduating from school know how to read with comprehension....and that applies to a lot of the current population of adults, too. Send one to all your Liberal friends as a CHRISTMAS present, even if they don't celebrate it.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one word to describe what I am feeling about this and the Democrat Panic Response:

SCHADENFREUDE

It sends a tingle up my leg!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masochist: HURT ME! HURT ME!

Sadist: .....no.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Obama would remain untainted. He IS the teflon man. Nothing sticks to him. The media will always give him a pass or always assume what his staff says IS the truth. I see very little of this changing unless our media gets a backbone which they have failed to two over the two years of Senator Obama running and I doubt it will change in the near future. Because if anyone does question the President-Elect it would be consider a form of racism. After all we are now post racial and this helped heal all the wounds with baby Obama being voted in as our next President.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkadyfolkner wrote:
There is only one word to describe what I am feeling about this and the Democrat Panic Response:

SCHADENFREUDE

It sends a tingle up my leg!

I try to guard against schadenfreude, but must admit in this instance, have it in abundance.

I also have a tingling sensation in the leg. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: