SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coulter's Latest Drives Kerry Apologists Apoplectic !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Coulter's Latest Drives Kerry Apologists Apoplectic ! Reply with quote

Given the shrieks and howls emanating from such notable "journalistic" juvenile deliquents as "Media Matters", Ann Coulter's latest literary bombshell, Guilty, apparently contains at least a modicum of support for the SVPT endeavor (though even a word or two of SVPT support mandates HEAVY medicinal intervention for the nutroots).

Seems like ample enough reason right there to make an investment Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What further drives them insane is the way she dresses for the cover photos on her books. You know they are having Freudian Fits "I love her, I hate her, she's HOT! she's NOT! I can't desire her, she's THE ENEMY! HELP ME, I'M FALLING!"...Oh, well, they'll always have Rosie to sober them up.... Rolling Eyes
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and she picks apart the MM nutroot's whining with ease:

Quote:
MM: Coulter falsely claims that "the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth weren't forced to retract any part of their story. [Page 100]" In fact, the organization altered its website's account for which the U.S. Navy awarded Kerry his first Purple Heart three days after Media Matters noted that the account was inconsistent with that of the group's star witness, retired Rear Admiral William L. Schachte Jr., who claims he was the commander on that mission.

Coulter: “The Swifties did not alter their website’s account of the December 2, 1968, mission. They always said Admiral Schachte was on the skimmer with Kerry. Schachte has so sworn in an affidavit. The correction of the website entry was to fix a mistaken description of Schachte as an enlisted man, rather than the lieutenant that he was. That is not a ‘retraction.’ Again, see the English language.”

MM: Coulter also suggests that the media ignored the allegations of the Swift Boat Veterans, writing, "The only way they could have gotten less attention would have been to be interviewed on Air America Radio." By the time the Swift Boat story had played out, CNN, chasing after ratings leader Fox News, found time to mention the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth - hereafter, Swifties - in nearly 300 separate news segments, while more than 100 New York Times articles and columns made mention of the Swifties. And during one overheated 12-day span in late August, the Washington Post mentioned the Swifties in page 1 stories on Aug. 19, 20, 21 (two separate articles), 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31.

Coulter: “This is the old left-wing time shuffle. The Swifties' May 4 2004 press conference and letter were universally ignored by the MSM until ... Three months later when John O’Neill’s book, “Unfit for Command” was published (on August 4) and became the smash No. 1 NYT bestseller.

“Only after ‘Unfit’ was the NYT No. 1 bestseller for two weeks in a row did the NYT deign to mention the Swifties – in slanderous attacks I lovingly detail in ‘Guilty.’ Inasmuch as I quote at length from these later MSM's attacks on the Swifties, I am hardly hiding that fact.”

MM: Coulter also falsely suggests that no witnesses supported Kerry's account that his convoy came under enemy fire during the March 13, 1969, actions for which he was awarded the Bronze Star.

Coulter: “No one - not even Kerry - now supports Kerry's original "no man left behind" story in his Iowa ad, which was also told by Rassmann. As I say, the only three living officers from that mission other than Kerry himself - Pees, Thurlow, Chenoweth – as well as 11 enlisted men say there was no return fire for Kerry to come under. I am not making a ‘suggestion,’ I am stating facts.”

MM: Coulter writes that Kerry "Carrie[d] a home-movie camera to war in order to reenact combat scenes and tape fake interviews with himself" during his tour in Vietnam [Page 100]. Coulter was repeating a discredited charge previously made by Internet gossip Matt Drudge and subsequently echoed by The New York Times and numerous cable and radio outlets during the 2004 presidential election.

Coulter: “Now Media Matters is accusing me of lying for believing what is printed in the New York Times. Can I please stop responding to these nuts now?”
at Newsmax
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
...and she picks apart the MM nutroot's whining with ease:

Coulter plays them like a fiddle...and generates more exposure for her book in the process (the juvenile delinquents at MM responded with 2 more tirades). Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: