SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"EPA takes first step toward climate change regs"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: "EPA takes first step toward climate change regs" Reply with quote

We've created an out-of-control monster...and it's about to consume us.

Oh, and don't bother to write your congresscritter. They are, according to the EPA, irrelevant anyway...

Quote:
EPA takes first step toward climate change regs
By H. JOSEF HEBERT
Associated Press Writer
Apr 17, 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Environmental Protection Agency concluded Friday that greenhouse gases linked to climate change "endanger public health and welfare," setting the stage for regulating them under federal clean air laws.

The EPA action marks the first step toward imposing limits on pollution linked to climate change, which would mean tighter rules for cars and power plants. Agency officials cautioned such regulations are expected to be part of a lengthy process and not issued anytime soon.

Limits on carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases would have widespread economic and social impact, from requiring better fuel efficiency for automobiles to limiting emissions from power plants and industrial sources, changing the way the nation produces energy.

In announcing the proposed finding, EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson said it "confirms that greenhouse gas pollution is a serious problem now and for future generations." She reiterated that the Obama administration prefers that climate change be address by Congress through broad, economy-wide limits on climate-changing pollution. But the EPA finding of endangerment prepares for possible regulatory action if Congress fails to act.

Breitbart - cont'd
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EPA has been a tyrannical brat since it was formed.

And the news just gets more frightening every day. I am more afraid for my country than I have ever been. We don't need maniacs flying into buildings to destroy us - our own "service agencies" can well do it unassisted. And apparerently, unopposed.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to regulate Carbon Dioxide, will they ration how much we may breathe, since we exhale Carbon Dioxide?

Common sense seems to have been thrown to the wind, since plant life depends on Carbon Dioxide to survive and give off the much needed oxygen we inhale.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
In order to regulate Carbon Dioxide, will they ration how much we may breathe, since we exhale Carbon Dioxide?

Common sense seems to have been thrown to the wind, since plant life depends on Carbon Dioxide to survive and give off the much needed oxygen we inhale.

I'm starting to think the evolutionists are right after all and the evolution of the human race includes the eradication of common sense. Sure seems to be in short supply in the population of the planet today judging by the insane ideas people will buy into.
Global Warming acronym......ITSS!
Stands for....It's the Sun, stupid.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, your point is well taken, but since the evolutionists think we are constantly evolving into higher and higher creatures, the present trend toward the depletion of wisdom appears to rule that conclusion out. Actually, not trying to inject religion, this seems more in keeping with the other theory that says mankind started off in a paradise, fouled that up, and has been fouling his nest ever since. I suppose the conjunction of the two theories may have produced the Jackasses and Mastodons running the place today...might even be a good theme for a movie... Smile
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too numb to comment.

Maybe later.

Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ever elect a Congress that actually abides by their oaths to adhere to the Constitution and a Constitutional President who will do the same and appoint Judges that actually interpret the Constitution instead of legislating from the bench, they can summarily stop funding and close down these unconstitutional "Czar-run" agencies as a start. Until then, we are at the mercy of unelected bureacrats and the parasite politicians who abuse their authority to ride these gravy trains in luxury...and reduce "the people" to serf status. Had enough yet? Get active on the grassroots level or live with it...did I mention revolution? Naw, not me, what a thought....hmmmmmm.....speaking figuratively of course....a "voters' revolution" at the ballot box would be get the ball rolling, though.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting quote I stumbled across;

Quote:
"I sincerely believe... that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.

BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure they'll do it. Environmentalists, and the EPA in particular, are a very brazen bunch.
This week they will celebrate their favorite holiday on April 22nd, Earth Day, an in-your-face holiday started on April 22, 1970 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Lenin's birth (April 22, 1870).
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another applicable quote: "Let's see, we'll take a trillion dollars out of the economy and then we'll borrow and print money and put a trillion dollars back into the economy and then we'll spend a couple more trillion that we don't have and tax all of it going both ways....yeah, that outta work." -- Barack Obama
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quote from Thomas Jefferson applies to that also TEWSPilot.

Quote:
"I sincerely believe... that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Lew. For some reason I did not see your post above of the exact same quote.
Going blind as well as having CRS in my old age I guess.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, that quote is worth repeating. Here are a few more worth noting.

Notable Quotes

"If we and our posterity...live always in the fear of God and shall respect His Commandments...we may have the highest hopes of the future fortunes of our country....But if we...neglect religious instruction and authority; violate the rules of eternal justice, trifle with the injunctions of morality, and recklessly destroy the constitution which holds us together, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity." -- Daniel Webster, addressing the New York Historical Society, 1852.

"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature." -- Benjamin Franklin

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars to be treated and appreciated by their nation." - George Washington

"Any nation that does not honor its heroes will not long endure." - Abraham Lincoln

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading them or driving them out of it" -- Benjamin Franklin

"To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers have acquired too much, in order to spare to others who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equaled industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, 'to guarantee to everyone of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it.'" - Thomas Jefferson

"The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of wealth], and a community of goods, are as visionary and impracticable as those which vest all property in the Crown. [These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional." --Samuel Adams

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they COULD and SHOULD do for themselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Infamous Quotes

"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- Barack Obama

"From each according to his means; to each according to his needs" -- Karl Marx, from his Communist Manifesto

"Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalised, and the State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to communism" -- Karl Marx, Das Kapital, 1867

Read the Lincoln quote above and then read the Obama quote and then read the Karl Marx quotes and decide for yourself whether Obama is "another Lincoln" -- as is being touted -- or another "Karl Marx" as is being expressed in his own words and deeds. His policies show him to be more like Herbert Hoover, FDR, and Jimmy Carter all rolled into one. He has even been touted as "The Messiah", or the second coming of Jesus Christ, but regardless of your evaluation of Jesus Christ, who was also an acomplished carpenter, this "messiah" can't even build a "cabinet"....

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." - From Barack Obama's book, "Audacity of Hope" (which, like all his books, was actually ghost-written by unrepentent Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apology needed, Dusty. It is a very relevant quote.

Besides, great minds think alike, yes? Wink
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for saying this Lew, "Besides, great minds think alike, yes?"'

I was gonna say that in my previous post but no way would I put my feeble little brain anywhere near the intellect you exhibit in your posts.
And I'm being dead serious in saying that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: