SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"What happened to global warming?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: "What happened to global warming?" Reply with quote

This can't be good for the GW scam merchants. The last thing they need with Kyoto II just around the corner is a normally dependable propaganda dispenser asking "uncomfortable" questions. Apparently the BBC is no longer reading the memos...

Quote:
What happened to global warming?
By Paul Hudson
Climate correspondent, BBC News
9 October 2009

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

And our climate models did not forecast it, even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise.

So what on Earth is going on?

<snip>

Both sides have very different forecasts. The Met Office says that warming is set to resume quickly and strongly.

It predicts that from 2010 to 2015 at least half the years will be hotter than the current hottest year on record (1998).

Sceptics disagree. They insist it is unlikely that temperatures will reach the dizzy heights of 1998 until 2030 at the earliest. It is possible, they say, that because of ocean and solar cycles a period of global cooling is more likely.

One thing is for sure. It seems the debate about what is causing global warming is far from over. Indeed some would say it is hotting up.

BBC News - cont'd

The "debate is far from over"? That's absolute heresy...and good on the BBC.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those "crazies" who believes solar activity has more to do with warming and cooling than our CO2 contribution. I'm also lumped in with those who think the models and data have been adjusted to prove the point of the researcher rather than reflect actual circumstances.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wichita Kansas is experiencing its coldest early October on record. Parts of Alaska and NW Canada have been receiving occasional heavy snows since late September
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might have been the coolest summer in AZ since I've been here. 20 some yrs. we sure didn't have much in monsoons. 1 or 2 barely.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
I'm one of those "crazies" who believes solar activity has more to do with warming and cooling than our CO2 contribution. I'm also lumped in with those who think the models and data have been adjusted to prove the point of the researcher rather than reflect actual circumstances.

It's absurd to think a 'computer model' on something so complex as weather should be taken seriously. Even one minor error or omission in the model, and the results are toast.

-- FDL
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made up an acronym to explain global warming to it's proponents.

ITSS

Stands for; 'It's the Sun, stupid'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: