SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama to Cede US Sovereignty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Obama to Cede US Sovereignty Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40

Oh man this is scary !!!!

I guess we let Al gore go to far.

I don't think we can stop this.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can count on him signing it. Right down his alley.
Here is the latest copy of the treaty working text that I could find, I understand that it's not the final draft according to the website where I found the link to the treaty agreement.
I have not had time to even begin to read through this.

Web site where the link appears: Tracker 350

And the link to the text of the agreement: Treaty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video...and OTW to all in my personal mailing list. Thanks Leeman.

As to whether we will capitulate or not, with health care and Afghanistan sucking all the political air out of the room, I'm doubtful whether congressional (small "c") approval can be mustered in time. It would require congressional acquiescence, would it not?

And, in another development, China is apparently willing to cooperate in saving the world as long as a few trade perquisites might come their way...

Quote:
Climate cooperation to help ties, Hu tells Obama
21 Oct 2009 15:23:26 GMT
Source: Reuters

* Climate talks key to improving U.S. ties, Hu says

* Calls for joint effort ahead of Copenhagen meeting

BEIJING, Oct 21 (Reuters) - Chinese President Hu Jintao has told his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama that closer cooperation on fighting climate change could help improve overall ties between the world's top two greenhouse gas polluters.

<snip>

Obama is due to make his first presidential visit to China next month, when he will also attend the APEC regional summit in Singapore and visit Japan and South Korea.

<snip>

"China may be able to make more concessions over climate change if it feels it's gaining more in other areas of the relationship, such as trade," Wang told Reuters.

Reuters (via alter.net)

Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the Senate ratifies this "Obamination" of a treaty, future Presidents and Senates can reject it according to legal scholars, and most agree it does not take precedence over the Constitution...but since this rogue government has discarded the Constitution, that part becomes moot. The people can simply ignore it, engage in civil disobedience, or start collecting tar and feathers.
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few Supreme Court decisions going back for well of a century and a half that consistently deny the treaty power takes precedence over the federal Constitution. The Supremacy Clause is refering to state constitutions.

The most recent decision regarding this subject that I am aware of came in 1957:

In Reid v. Covert (354 U.S. 1, 1957) the Court stated:

[No] agreement with a foreign nation can confer power on the Congress, or on any other branch of Government, which is free from the restraints of the Constitution.

[There] is nothing in [the supremacy clause] which intimates that treaties and laws enacted pursuant to them do not have to comply with the provisions of the Constitution. Nor is there anything in the debates which accompanied the drafting and ratification of the Constitution which even suggests such a result.

It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, as well as those who were responsible for the Bill of Rights – let alone alien to our entire constitutional history and tradition – to construe Article VI as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement without observing constitutional prohibitions. In effect, such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V. The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government and they cannot be nullified by the Executive or by the Executive and the Senate combined….”
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Happy Mole Day Reply with quote

In celebration of the Global Warming, er, uh, "Climate Change" hysteria and since it seems we are stuck in "Groundhog Day" with this "molearchy", let me be the first to wish all the pseudo-scientists doing the sun and rain dance to Mother Earth today a Happy MOLE Day...no, not the animal, the chemical term (1 mole = 6.02 x 10^23)...today is 10-23-2009, so every year October 23 is celebrated as MOLE Day.....enjoy.

..."molearchy" - government in which moles are in complete control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: