SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Justices Overturn Key Campaign Limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Justices Overturn Key Campaign Limits Reply with quote

Holy smokes, Batman! McCain-Feingold is partially flushed!!

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Justices Overturn Key Campaign Limits Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Schumer has declared the SCOTUS decision to be "un-American"! Cut me a break!!!! What a weasel this guy is, declaring freedom of speech to be un-American!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To paraphrase another weasle....er, uh, ex-Democrat-POTUS..., it all depends on your definition of "un-American". To them, allowing the peons to have a voice in politics, unless it's THEIR peons, is "un-American".
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a week! And today Pelosi waves the white flag on that abomination of a health care reform bill and Air America goes Tango Uniform.

I'm getting dizzy.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chuckie says he's going to hold hearings about the SCOTUS decision! Wahhhhhhh!

I tell ya, if things keep going like this, I may have to put away the year-long gloomy outlook for the future of our country.

Break into a happy dance or something.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also of importance to those of us in Washington State is Justice Thomas's dissenting in part opinion.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/pdf/08-205P.ZX1

He dissented in part because he feels it did not go far enough in protecting signers of petitions and such. We currently have a case scheduled to appear before the Supreme Court over gay activists desire to obtain and make public the names, addresses and signatures of signers of a citizen measure, R-71, which sought to block domestic partnership enhancements.

Thomas brought many intimidation factors in California's Proposition 8 and how signers and supporters there were harrassed and intimidated.

Time only will tell if his opinion carries any weight with the other Justices when the R-71 case comes up.

In all, a good day for America to see free speech rights upheld.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Justices Overturn Key Campaign Limits Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Thanks for the post, EJ.
Besides being a long awaited fresh breeze in the restoration of our freedoms this is a great first step.
I have voted against Chuckie Schumer in every election. The man is everything Obama stands for, i.e., Marxism.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the political "changes" suddenly flowing in favor of the people this week, I just thought of something (Karma?). The toilet in the laundry room was starting to hang up a lot when we tried to flush it, and it seemed like it took forever to flush, so I put a new flush kit and flapper in it. Now that I finally got off my lazy duff and did it rather than putting up with it any longer, it is working like a champ, and I think I'll replace the one in the upstairs bathroom, too. It wasn't as hard or as messy as I thought it would be.

Once the people get fed up with not being able to "flush the crap out of Washington" and someone finally makes the first move, there is less apprehension and more momentum for changing out the rest of the "kits". It's time to just roll up our sleeves and "git 'er done".
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine providence is the only explanation. Every time this country seems to be at the brink something miraculous occurs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: