SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congressional act

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Congressional act Reply with quote

I was only in the Corps for 8 years so I don't have a good understanding of how the military works. But isn't becoming a Commisioned Officer actually an act of Congress? It is my understanding that your warrant must be signed by Congress before you are Commisioned? So with that in mind I also understand that a Commision is a life long commitment. Officers do not EAS like Enlisted soldiers do, they go inactive as I understand. So if this is the case then Kerry is definatley a TRAITOR right? And if a Commision is a life long obligation then Kerry could be called back to active duty and tried for his crimes right? Marching under the VC flag is TREASON under the UCMJ and punishable by death, I think that the last time anyone was punished for treason was WWII, and that case was death.
Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Congressional act Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I was only in the Corps for 8 years so I don't have a good understanding of how the military works. But isn't becoming a Commisioned Officer actually an act of Congress? It is my understanding that your warrant must be signed by Congress before you are Commisioned? So with that in mind I also understand that a Commision is a life long commitment. Officers do not EAS like Enlisted soldiers do, they go inactive as I understand. So if this is the case then Kerry is definatley a TRAITOR right? And if a Commision is a life long obligation then Kerry could be called back to active duty and tried for his crimes right? Marching under the VC flag is TREASON under the UCMJ and punishable by death, I think that the last time anyone was punished for treason was WWII, and that case was death.

Marching under?
Somewhere in a parade or march or demonstration there is someone carrying an objectionable flag or one belonging to the enemy.
So you figure that a person must quit the parade or march or demonstration on that account.
Myself would think that one might could ask them to not do that but there would not be much else one could do unless it were illegal and call a cop. But then there would have been cops plenty there already, would there not have been?
Have you no noticed that folks been b****ing that thing over and over already? Did you just dream up something you thought to be some clever new wording while making a mess of a board in shop class?
You sure slept through history class and don't watch the news.
Tokyo Rose comes immediately to mind. She did a few years time. I guess that Ames fellow pled to espionage. Them Rosenburgs were killed for espionage so I suppose that don't count.
I think Ford pardoned Rose.
Maybe you should do a little legal research to find just what is treason and then think of something else to make noise about.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignored as ignorant from an idiot
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Congressional act Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:

Commissions are granted by the President. Those of us who were/are, Regular Army, are subject to recall for life, tho that is a provision that has rarely been invoked.

Officers with Reserve Commissions are not, to the best of my knowledge, subject to such a recall.

However, your observations concern Kerry have some merit, in that our favorite war criminal WAS a Reserve Officer while he was busy underminding our men and women in Vietnam.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Congressional act Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:
Marine4life wrote:

Commissions are granted by the President.
l

And approved by the Senate.

Quote:
Those of us who were/are, Regular Army, are subject to recall for life, tho that is a provision that has rarely been invoked.

Officers with Reserve Commissions are not, to the best of my knowledge, subject to such a recall.

Not correct. All Officers are subject to that recall.

Quote:
However, your observations concern Kerry have some merit, in that our favorite war criminal WAS a Reserve Officer while he was busy underminding our men and women in Vietnam.

Marine4life

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification on the protocol, I was a Sgt and not totally sure but I do know that it was different than enlisted. So we sould be able to petition the Atty Gen and demand a trial? Or better yet bring him back on active duty and send him to Iraq.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: