SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's war record - bravery or braggadocio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Kerry's war record - bravery or braggadocio? Reply with quote

I just blogged this - http://antimedia.blogspot.com/2004/08/kerrys-war-record-bravery-or.html - the result of many long hours of research and late nights going through hundreds of articles. It's extensively documented with many links to the evidence.

I hope it's helpful.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Seems balanced, looking at different sides of the story.

Read Muharsky's page and that was a great read.
eliptak
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: The logic of Kerry's Purple Hearts Reply with quote

Serving in the 101st Abn Div, 66-67, with 2 purple hearts, I personally saw too many purple hearts earned the hard way. At one time, as a SGT, E5, with two months time-in-grade, I was the highest ranking enlisted man in our infantry platoon, normally 13 NCO's. Everyone else who outranked me was either KIA or medivac'd. Our platoon, normally about 43 people, was down to 11, eight of whom had purple hearts.

Let's forget about all the details, and what Kerry said, or what someone else said. Let's ask a simple question, and apply some logic to it.

What is the probability that someone could get 3 purple hearts in a period of four months, without ever spending a single day in a hospital, and have no permanent scars.

The probability of that is about zero.

The fact that Kerry can claim he is a hero insults the memories of all those who earned their purple hearts the hard way; posthumously.
1966-1967
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: The logic of Kerry's Purple Hearts Reply with quote

eliptak wrote:

(snip)

Let's forget about all the details, and what Kerry said, or what someone else said. Let's ask a simple question, and apply some logic to it.

What is the probability that someone could get 3 purple hearts in a period of four months, without ever spending a single day in a hospital, and have no permanent scars.

The probability of that is about zero.

(snip)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great insight. I remember a crewchief/doorgunner in my hootch who took a 50-cal bullet while flying one afternoon. We traded missions that day; my ship flew the area that morning and his ship flew there in the afternoon. The bullet went through the transmission of his Huey, through his thigh and it dropped down his pants leg, caught by the blouse.

Some of my friends and I visited him in the hospital. He had a terrible wound in his leg. The bullet tore up his thigh. He owed some money to me that I had loaned to him; looking at the wound, I decided to just forgive the debt as a going-away present because I knew he would get sent back to "The World".
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3PHs

Nearly leaves me speechless.

How could kerry ever look a seriously wounded veteran of any war or conflict in the eye and feel worthy of being in their presence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: