SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon.com reader book reviews have started ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Amazon.com reader book reviews have started .... Reply with quote

And at the top of the list .... these insightful, well thought out comments

Quote:

Lies...gutter politics, August 13, 2004

Reviewer: John S. (Philadelphia, PA USA)

{one star} *

Senator John McCain, like Kerry a Vietnam war hero probably said it best:
"Dishonest and dishonorable... none of these individuals served on the
boat (Kerry) commanded."

General Tommy Franks has also said that criticism of John Kerry's war
record is political hyperbole and Kerry is "absolutely" qualified to be
commander in chief.

Now consider author Corsi's published comments that "Boy buggering in
both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't
reported by the liberal press."

Gee. I thought you were supposed to read the book before commenting.

Not just regurgitate Kerry campaign talking points {"Not on the boat??"}

It appears that many Democrats have taken O'Neill's advice to Screwball Matthews:

"You really do not need to read the book, it would just confuse you!"

PLEASE

Everyone who spends time with the book make SURE that you expend the effort
to submit a comprehensive review of the contents and your feelings about the
truthfulness of this very important treatise in the Amazon.com review section.

Last edited by rbshirley on Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
truthseeker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon.com reader book reviews have started .... Reply with quote

I for one will at least try to read the book as though reading a book about someone's service in the Civil War or the Revolutionary War or the Seven Years War or The Peloponnesian War for that matter.

Set partisan passions aside. I don't like Kerry, but I didn't need his Vietnam service to come to that conclusion.

Do the authors make their case? For all the yelling on TV lately (anybody see the Carville/Davis/Novak "Crossfire" show last week?).......precious little discussion of the facts. Not for lack of trying on O'Neill's part, mind you.

Hopefully I'll have the book myself in a week or so..........
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't even have to read the book to post a review at Amazon and some people post reviews of books, dvds, cds ect with alterior motives.Sometimes people will post negative reviews of books they've never read for no other reason then to bring down the book's rating. Don't be surprised if you see a number of 1 star reviews for "Unfit for Command" by people upset that the book has become a bestseller.

I'm reading "Unfit for Command" when I'm finished I'll post my own detailed review.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have not seen this happen before but earlier today there were 6 reviews of "Unfit for Command" at amazon three of the "reviews" were negative and essentially propaganda not actual reviews of the book. Amazon has removed the 3 negative "reviews" that were really just propaganda.It's one thing to post a negative review it's quite another to post Kerry campaign propaganda. Good work amazon.
Jack Lewis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
You don't even have to read the book to post a review at Amazon and some people post reviews of books, dvds, cds ect with alterior motives.Sometimes people will post negative reviews of books they've never read for no other reason then to bring down the book's rating. Don't be surprised if you see a number of 1 star reviews for "Unfit for Command" by people upset that the book has become a bestseller.

I'm reading "Unfit for Command" when I'm finished I'll post my own detailed review.

Since I have a book for sale on Amazon.com (note the absence of self promotion by mentioning the book) I do know one must actually purchase the book before being allowed to comment on it. But that doesn't preclude someone from buying the book, then commenting without ever opening the cover.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing those reviews I wrote amazon and told them to remove any
information they have on me from their site. I buy books there and
will not do so again if this is the way they are going to continue to treat
the vets.

Felt good, but now I cannot buy books there, but it does not matter, I
have a Chapters a few minutes from my house and I phoned there and
they are getting only two of the books. Two! I had them put one away,
and told them it might be wise to get some more.

I am going to phone every Chapters in my city and suggest they get more, as it is going to be wanted by their customers. Wink
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cjg,

Did you notice that amazon has removed those reviews?
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 2 reviews there now, both positive of the book. I posted my own review, and I actually bought mine from Amazon, so we'll see if it ends up being posted.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, you can post reviews without buying/reading the book:

>>>>>
{1 star}
Boatload of Guano, August 13, 2004
Reviewer: Steven Buxbaum (Hillsdale, NJ USA) - See all my reviews

This book is the hatchet job of the century. I read it at Barnes & Noble, so didn't actually have to spend money to make these clowns rich. My advice is: don't spend your money. The book is clearly on a mission, rather than being in any sense objective.
>>>>>

The tactic of giving 1 star to books with a Conservative bent is an old one. Be prepared to see many "Lefty reviews" posted. I'm surprised there aren't alot more there already.

This also happened with Dick Morris' book 'Rewriting History' about the real Hillary. Funny how the mainstream press ignored this book also. Morris was friends with and worked for the Clintons, yet he gets attacked as a Right wing fanatic. He "served" with them for 20 years.

It's amazing to see the parallels between Hillary and Kerry with their pathological lying. For instance...

1. Hillary claims to be named after Sir Edmund Hillary even though she was born 5 years before he climbed Mt. Everest and became famous.

2. Hillary claims she became enlightened about racist issues while playing junior high soccer. Trouble is, her junior high didn't have a soccer team until she was 38 yrs. old.

3. In an interview with Katy Couric after 9/11, she tells a heartwrenching story of being so worried about Chelsea that morning her daughter was going jogging by the towers. Luckily, she said, that Chelsea stopped to get coffee(on her jog?) just before the first plane hit. Touching story, but in an interview with (or article written by, I forget), Chelsea tells of a friend calling her and telling to turn on the TV, which she did just in time to see the 2nd plane crash into the tower.

Sorry if this seems a little off topic, but it shows what we're up against with the media. Their darlings got non-stop coverage of their books, but how many of you were aware of Dick Morris' book? And he was quite complimentary of Hillary in many ways. Liberals know they can lie and the media will not expose it. BTW, I don't believe that hamster story... it sounded a little too much like the goldfish story told by Patty Davis at President Reagan's funeral.

Anyway as of now, Unfit has a rating of 3-1/2 stars with 15 reviews.
It's rated #1 on the best seller list!!!
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...Now there are only 13 reviews and the one I quoted above is gone. Maybe you do have to buy the book from them. It's good to know Amazon is keeping an eye on things for a change.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this web site would sell the book...I'd be willing to pay a premium and deprive BN and Amazon of revenue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: