SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you support the Swiftees, here's what you can do...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prothius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: If you support the Swiftees, here's what you can do... Reply with quote

I am a younger ex-vet who's father served in Vietnam as a ground pounder. I was too young to have really understood what John Kerry and his flunkies were trying to do so many years ago, but when I was old enough to have understood it, I still could not understand how they could treat our vets so poorly. I learned about Vietnam through my father, who I respect greatly. So many nights I wish I could have soothed away his fears when he would awaken on the fourth of July in a cold sweat from the small cherry bomb explosions that sounded like mortars to him, and how I wished that there were more Americans who knew the sacrifices our brave soldiers made, many of the stories he shared with me. Unbelievable selfless acts to save each other and the people of Vietnam. My father had such great respect for those who died. He once told me that the only true heroes are dead heroes, and I really believe that. He would have given up all his medals to bring home even one more person alive from Vietnam, and it was humbling to be raised by such a warrior with such a large heart.

Now this mighty group of heroes is under attack again, let's show our thanks for their service and support them. There are many ways to do this:

1. Buy Unfit for Command, hell buy 2 or 3 copies and share them. I have already purchased 2 copied myself, 1 for me and 1 to share.
2. Send in a donation to this site. They will need every resource they can get.
3. Write to your senators and congressman to support them.
4. Write to the liberal news stations and let them know you want the Swiftees to get a fair shake! Don't let John Kerry's cronies bury them!
5. Keep writing your messages of support to them. I'm finding out that there are actually tons of Americans who have secretly supported the Vets, but were too afraid of the stigma that John Kerry helped to create so many years ago. Let's be vocal in our support!!! Don't be afraid to say you support them in public, restaurants, etc....The more your voice is heard, the more support we will get from everyone else.

I'm doing this for my Father and the other proud Vets from Vietnam. Please support them with anything you can spare, they are in a serious fight with a very powerful enemy.

Thanks Vets and especially you Swiftees. Keep it up,

Prothius
DavidS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: What You Can Do Reply with quote

Prothius:

THANK YOU from a WWII, Korea Navy Vet.
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you swifte's for your courage and forebarance. I got my book thru books a million, off aafes, I urge all vet's to do the same.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good advice. I ordered my book and I am sending out many more to my friends. We do need to stand up and defend this book and these fine men. They are out there taking the heat and telling the truth. We all can call or write congress and remind them this is a free country. We had one "Coward in Heat" in office for eight years and now our military deserves better than one who truly is "Unfit for Command." I am filled with pride everytime I see Mr. O'neill on television speaking, he handles the attacks on himself by speaking the truth. OOH-YAH!
GrnBerDaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Swiftees! Reply with quote

I love this site! I love reading about all other Americans out there that feel the same as me. Reading all the thank you's to our Vets makes me so proud of YOU... the American public for supporting the Swift Boat Vets! We all have the same feeling about the TRUTH being told, and how could any of us stand by and not support our Swift Boat Vets at this time and hour? Yes, they need our support, and I LOVE IT.... they are getting it by a landslide...tell everyone.... get them on this website....make a statement of support for our vets America!

My father was in the first group of Special Forces formed. He spent his time in Vietnam and I am so proud of his service to his county and the man he is. He was gone a lot when I was growing up... but I couldn't be closer than I am to him today. He is an honest man with character. He sent a picture to the Times magazine of three children that were shot in the head by the VC that were his own children's age. It got to him....couldn't sleep well after seeing that. He wanted America to know what they (VC) were doing over there. On the other hand, Kerry comes back and blasts our VETS as inhuman! God America.... help get the truth out about this man's character and support our Swift Boat VETS that we love and appreciate all the sacrifice they have made for their country. I love you guys! Get the truth out.... and never stop until Kerry is stopped in his tracks. We cannot let this man become our President. God help us all if he does become President! [/list]
My father served in Vietnam with the first group of Special Forces formed. He is a man of character and integrity and I am proud of his service to his country. I am also proud of the Swift Boat vets!!
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: One more way Reply with quote

Quote:
Now this mighty group of heroes is under attack again, let's show our thanks for their service and support them. There are many ways to do this:

I would like to add one more way:

You can write your local newspapers via "letters to the editor" or "opinion pieces" demanding that John Kerry release all of his military records now.

Be sure to include the book title and the swiftvets.com url.

If anyone would like to do that but needs help with composing the letter send me a PM. I will try to help.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: