SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moveon.org new ad
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: moveon.org new ad Reply with quote

OPEN ON THE YOUNG GEORGE BUSH IN NATIONAL GUARD UNIFORM.

ANNOUNCER: George Bush used his father to get into the National Guard, and...

CUT TO BUSH'S NATIONAL GUARD MEDICAL FORM BEING STAMPED WITH "FAILURE TO APPEAR".

ANNOUNCER: ...when the chips were down, went missing.

CUT TO SHOT OF TV SHOWING "SWIFT BOAT" SPOT, THEN WORDS APPEAR ACROSS SCREEN, "FALSE ADVERTISING".

AUDIO

ANNOUNCER: Now, he's allowing false advertising that attacks John Kerry...

CUT TO FOOTAGE OF A YOUNG JOHN KERRY IN VIETNAM.

ANNOUNCER: ...a man who asked to go to Viet Nam and who served with dignity and heroism.

CUT TO HALF SCREEN PICTURE OF JOHN McCAIN. HIS WORDS APPEAR ON SCREEN NEXT TO HIS PICTURE.

ANNOUNCER: Here's what a true Republican war hero has to say about the anti-Kerry ad: "I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable...I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad."
CUT TO SHOT OF BUSH AND CLOSING DISCLAIMER COPY. ANNOUNCER: George Bush: Take that ad off the air. MoveOn PAC is responsible for the content of this advertisement.
MoveOn says it has purchased air time for the ad to run for one week in each of the markets in which the original Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad ran.
Posted at 01:34 PM

This can be found at NRO corner:

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/corner.asp

They are not giving up on the Kerry in Vietnam which is stupid, but
then it is all they have!

I am so disgusted I can not even describe how I feel about this
ad, other than to say it is the usual liberals lies. Evil or Very Mad

But, it was bound to come, and people will really be disgusted by it
as I am who know the facts and Swiftees are getting the facts out
farther than could be expected at this time. rock on! Very Happy
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i heard rush talking about the ad today Smile
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swiftboat ad is really hurting the Kerry campaign if libs are so desperate that they are running ads asking for it to be removed. Remarkable.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

action drill by the numbers , 1-0's first.

action drill by the numbers , 1-0's first.

GO GO GO
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: moveon.org new ad Reply with quote

cjg wrote:
CUT TO FOOTAGE OF A YOUNG JOHN KERRY IN VIETNAM.

ANNOUNCER: ...a man who asked to go to Viet Nam and who

At this point, we should insert the lines, "committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions."

Maybe even in Kerry's own voice, if recordings are available. Since MoveOn.org feels free to use portions of Swiftvets' ad, turnabout is fair play.

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html Genghis John Kerry
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CUT TO HALF SCREEN PICTURE OF JOHN McCAIN. HIS WORDS APPEAR ON SCREEN NEXT TO HIS PICTURE.

ANNOUNCER: Here's what a true Republican war hero has to say about the anti-Kerry ad: "I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable...I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad."

I wonder how Big John McCain feels about working for MoveOn and the Kerry campaign. I guess Kerry didn't need him as a VP, he's served some purpose here. Couldn't have been better if Michael Moore did it himself!
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I new when Sen. McCain used those two words to describe us, ( dishonest and dishonorable ) they would use it again and again against us. He won`t issue an apology to us but I hope he has the courage to at least give them a public rebuke for using it since he now knows he attacked the wrong people.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the official SBVT response?
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoveOn.org is an old enemy from the days of Impeachment. They're crass enough to enjoy Al Gore's speeches, silly enough not to change their name - they initially wanted America to "move on" from Clinton's malfeasance. Now apparently they want to linger in the mud of a pig pen, entitled the modern Democrat party.

I'd respond, but I wouldn't take them too seriously. When Maureen Dowd starts calling you the "wackadoo wing of the Democrat Party", as she did - you have problems.

Regards, Ivan
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be watching the Media to see if their motives are questioned becase of the Large George Soros donation...
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They STILL don't get that it isn't GW Bushes ad! What a pack of fools.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Serious Strategic Error by Kerry Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Sorry to barge in like this as a new member. I am a veteran (6981 ESG USAF during Desert Storm), but that is not why I am posting. I just want to say that I am honored to be in your company. Honor, Loyalty, and Truth still mean something in politics and I am heartened.

Everyone here should be dancing in the streets at this news! Why? Because the Kerry campaign (or rather their proxy MoveOn) has made a serious, serious strategic error. They are attacking both you and President Bush based on the assumption that you are linked.

This of course it totally false, and fair minded people know it. As such, this move gives the SBVT instant credibility, exposure, and allows them to take the moral high ground (not that you had much problem with that already). Also because you are not linked in any way with the GOP, this is effectively free advertising which will generate more interest.

Ack. Tired. Perhaps I am explaining this badly, but I think you will find (within days) that this move by the Democratic Party and it's minions will have backfired on them very, very badly. Why? Because they were so blinded by their partisan assumptions that they failed to recognize the nature of their "enemy".

Truth is Beauty
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they totally get it.
They are just hoping the American public either is too stupid or too uninformed not to get the truth that Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the ad, nor can he legally request the ad be removed under McCain-Feingold.
They will conventiently ignore he asked John Kerry to join him in requesting that ALL 527 ads cease. They will use their significant Soros mega-millions to try to bury the ad in a counter-ad that takes cheap unfounded lies and lobs them over Bush's bow. They did that purposefully, hoping someone in Camp Bush would try to muscle the ad out like Camp Kerry. Problem is, Bush is far smarter.
Thanks, "MOOs" (witless animals that travel in herds)....you just gave the Swifties a boatload of free publicity!
The elite media will grill Soros when little orphaned puppies named VC fly. Oh wait, according to Kerry, they do.... Razz
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious Strategic Error by Kerry Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

Everyone here should be dancing in the streets at this news! Why? Because the Kerry campaign (or rather their proxy MoveOn) has made a serious, serious strategic error. They are attacking both you and President Bush based on the assumption that you are linked.

I'm with you. Smile

The same sort of charges have been leveled against SBVFT - that it's a GOP funded pro-Bush machine.

But, that is provably false.

Unlike the moveon organization, funded by George Soros who has pledged his entire fortune to defeating GWB.

Bush has denounced all 527 ads - Kerry hasn't denounced any but the Swifts'.

Hypocrisy. Transparent hypocrisy.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free publicity is absolutely correct. Moveon, Kerry, and his fellow Democrats continue to insult the intelligence of the American people. They really believe that the average American can't think and do what is right for them and, so, it's up to the Democrats to take care of us.

In this "counter" ad by moveon one should notice that there is no substance behind their accusations of lies by SVBT. Just mudslinging -- oh, wait, it's democrats slinging the mud so, in their eyes, it's not mudslinging -- it's truth.

God help us if Kerry is elected!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: