SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News on Kerry at The American Spectator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: News on Kerry at The American Spectator Reply with quote

http://www.spectator.org/

The reader mail on this site is fantastic. They are angry with Mr. Kerry.
and really fed up with the msm. The word is definitely out, no question
about it. Wink
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the following letter as feedback to their site:

Having read your recent "Swimming from Cambodia" article I can state that you are doing a great service to both Vietnam veterans and the American public by researching and documenting the extent of the lies that John Kerry has presented to the public over the last 35 years. Many of us were aware that his charges of war crimes against all Vietnam veterans were false, that his support for a withdrawel from Vietnam, under his terms, would have resulted in the sacrifice of our POWs, and that his support and leadership of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War group made our disengagement more costly and complicated than was necessary.
When a military man serves honorably with others, it is very disturbing that 35 years later, 90% of the men in his unit will question his honor and integrity. Many sources in the news are dismissing John Kerry's fellow veterans as partisan attack agents, bought and paid for by the current administration, but my own investigation has convinced me that they are what they claim to be: sailors that served honorably in the same unit with John Kerry (before, during and after his curtailed tour), and their agenda has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with preventing John Kerry from becoming the next President.
I feel you should continue to investigate this story and press John Kerry to make his official military records available to the public, so that they can see what actually occurred, and when. Then the public can decide if John Kerry is being unfairly attacked regarding his combat performance and decorations, or if he has had some other "memory failures" and "misstatements" from his service days. Thanks for covering a story the mainstream media has chosen to ignore, hoping it will go away. I respect that.

(Name and address removed)
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Wing Wiper!

SOTG
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter to The American Spectator, they will appreciate it.
I sent them the new moveon ad information so they will be getting your
very well presented letter and the ad information.
Way to go! Wink
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an awesome writeup in the American Spectator.

Everyone should read it. They make a great point of Kerry needing to have members of his crew corroborate his "3 to 4 trips into Cambodia to drop off" special forces.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on WingWiper!

This is good - in addition to the letters of complaint, we need to keep letters of appreciation going to the outlets who give Swifts a fair hearing.

They've struggled for every bit of ink and air time, so when they get it, we need to be thankful.

Hell, even those disgraceful ambushes on Hardball and Crossfire had John O'Neill coming out smelling like a rose! Wink
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the article that the mail refers to. It's worth a read:

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6980
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/dl20040817.shtml

Good column by David Limbaugh regarding where is the media? Wink
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followup:
I received the following reply to my letter. I'm deleting the original letter text to save space on this forum.

"As a former Portlander and a contributer to Oregon Magazine (online) I appreciated your comments.

We are still working on this.

Thomas H. Lipscomb
1360 York Avenue
Suite 3D
New York NY 10021
646-625-9700"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokehouse!

From the reader mail:

Quote:
Regarding Kerry's presence for the "Kill The Senators" plot of the VVAW in November 1971 -- perhaps it is another memory lapse on the part of Kerry, but were you aware that the individual who proposed assassination as a tool of the VVAW political agenda, Mr. Scott Camill, was working on behalf of the Kerry campaign in Florida during the Democratic primary season? For all we know, he may still be working for Kerry in the Sunshine State.…

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: