SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After the Election, SwiftVets Will Throw In the Towel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: After the Election, SwiftVets Will Throw In the Towel Reply with quote

John Kerry and his supporters only wishes!

I believe that the SwiftVets will survive well beyond the Presidential Election - Why?

Because of the judicial deficit that John Kerry created in 1971 when he testified before Congress and labeled all Vietnam War Veterans as "War Criminals." This has been an ongoing issue for the past 33 years - and, Vietnam War Veterans has yet received a fair and equitable hearing to have this cruel, insensitive and unfounded label, once and for all, renounced and removed. For 33 years, Vietnam War Veterans have been overtalked and shouted at and denied their day in court! For our Nation to elect the likes of John Kerry as our President would be the ultimate slap in every veteran's face.

The media and Kerry supporters have cleverly constructed their counter arguments and criticisms in context of the Presidential Election - using different criteria for what testimonies are accepted - eg, "None of the SwiftVets served on Kerry's boat" - However, Kerry didn't serve on any of their boats either - yet, in 1971 Congress allowed him to not only testify on his own behalf - they also allowed him to testify of the activities of the other swiftboats in his convoy - furthermore, they also allowed him to relay the stories of others as told him by other members of the Armed Forces without requiring him to submit sworn affidavits - in fact he refused to even give Congress their names. Our sense of jurisprudence mandates that if Congress allowed the very broad and unsupported heresays of Kerry in 1971 - then, SwiftVets should be allowed to submit their testimonies today - and that with personal testimonies from each witness, sworn affidavits and copious documentation. The SwiftVets efforts confronts issues that are much broader than the Presidential Election - rather, the context of the Vietnam War Issue as it relates to John Kerry actually covers a period extending from 1971 to now.

Respectively Yours,

Bob Cooper, Veteran, USN, Attack Squadron 34, 1971-77

Tulsa, OK
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiftvets (if you are reading this),

I would respectfully submit that after President Bush gets reelected, that he take real and positive steps to publically debunk what Kerry did and help restore your honor, valor, and integrity. In my very strong opinion, this would go a long way towards healing the last wounds of Vietnam. 35 years too late perhaps, but late is vastly better than never.

Think of it this way. President Bush will owe you big-time Wink

Truth is Beauty
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said. Setting the record straight is going to take much longer than a few months.

I would like to say something eloquent here on behalf of the swiftvets also, but all I can think of now is a quote from Big Daddy Roth:

"Stomp the flag burning pukes."

There, I feel better. I will attempt to be eloquent some other time.

Zell Miller
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. He is going to come down like spring avalanche.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry's loses this race, the SwiftVets will have completed their mission, as far as I'm concerned. Kerry would be like Al Gore, and would never be able to make a Presidential run again. Their book would be out there for all historians to read from now on.

The SwiftVets will also have succeeded in getting a lot of younger people to apply some critical thinking to the whole emotionally-charged topic of the Vietnam War. That's a good thing. The notion that war crimes were so widely spread that nearly every Vet might have committed one has persisted for too long.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife,

Well, if the allegations in part two of "Unfit for Command" are proven, then I think that Senator Kerry does indeed need a new residence....one about 3' by 5' in Ft. Leavenworth Kansas ought to do it....with a primary responsibility of turning big rocks into little rocks.

That said, I will settle for keeping him out of politics whatsoever....it's hard but I will settle for that.

Truth is Beauty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't necessarily have to end there. Heaven knows I'd be willing to assist with furthering the attention to Kerry's possibly traitorous activites.

Right now, I'm just barely holding on by my fingernails until the election is done, though..... Wink

It's definitely something to keep in mind.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happens. This movement has shown what the future of the grass roots movement in America will be like. A group of people getting together on the internet, growing until they can't be buried by the MSM. I now have more hope for our freedom and way of life.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shocking how much of the perception of Vietnam Vets was created by Kerry's intentional lies.

The Congressional Testimony...and all his public appearances since then.

The Cavett interview

The book "The New Soldier"

The this article about Kerry on MIAs
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0408/schanberg.php

Kerry was sabotaging the truth and honor of Veterans by attacking them while pretending to be one, and at every turn.

Its a betrayal of massive portions to so many Vets, and especially all those Veterans families.

It's very sad
Erica
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did John Kerry get medals before he ever went under battle??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erica wrote:
How did John Kerry get medals before he ever went under battle??

From todays Boortz: THE POODLE CAUGHT IN ANOTHER LIE

Fresh off his 'Christmas in Cambodia' fairy tale, The Poodle has been caught in another whopper, this time regarding one of his Purple Hearts. This is separate from the questions surrounding his being awarded the Purple Heart in the first place.

It looks like Kerry has contradicted himself in his own diary. In Douglas Brinkley's "Tour of Duty," which is Kerry's official, approved war biography, The Poodle writes an entry after a mission. In that entry he says that after several missions he has not yet taken any enemy fire. Ok .. big deal. Big whoop, right? Sorry .. but actually this is a big deal.

The problem here is that this particular entry in Kerry's diary was made concerning the mission which followed that mission where he earned his first Purple Heart. Now .. think this one through. Kerry goes on a mission and earns a Purple Heart. Then, after his next mission, Kerry writes in his diary that he has not yet experienced any enemy fire. Tell me .. if Kerry had not yet experienced enemy fire then how did he earn a Purple Heart?

Again, just as with Swift Boat Veterans for Truth allegations, somebody is lying. Is it The Poodle, who has now been caught in yet another lie, or those who have nothing to gain by pointing out the inconsistencies?

Shouldn't the media be taking a look at this? That's right...I forgot. The media is so pro-Kerry they will never do anything to damage his chances in the presidential election. They really need to concentrate on figuring out whether or not George Bush showed up for guard service.

Yet another thread in the web.........................
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats in part II?? My book hasn't gotten here yet:( Not until the 27th;/
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Did Any of You See The SCAB'S Speech to The VFW? Reply with quote

He PRAISED himself, McCain,and Bob Smith, for their actions that led to FOREVER sealing the fate of the POW/MIA! DAMN HIM!

http://pub84.ezboard.com/bvoicesofpatriots
xracer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: To sniper Reply with quote

Hey friend, mind you don't shoot yourself in the foot. Kerry said that while traveling up that channel "we had not been shot at yet" IMHO he was talking about that mission only and not any previous one. Kerry is an a--hole let's not give him an excuse to question the veracity of the Swiftees
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those wanting to set the record straight about Vietnam, there is a site doing that. The leader is a college professor pushing to start teaching Vietnam as it really was, not the Apocalypse Now nonsense the public has been fed for decades;

Vietnam Veterans for Academic Reform

http://www.i-served.com/MagruderArticlesIndex.html

I highly recommend reading the Manifesto Against Leftist Tyranny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: