SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"recommend instead" on Amazon is TRASHING the book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: "recommend instead" on Amazon is TRASHING the book Reply with quote

We have GOT to stop the liars from overwhelming the books review AND "recommend instead".

Go to Amazon and BE SURE to mark the reviews of which you approve and those which you detest appropriately.

Recommend IN ADDITION a GOOD book, preferable one recommending by others so that it will be THE MOST suggested instead of the trash that is there now.

If you are in a hurry go here, recommend the ISBNs:
[/url]http://www.amazon.com/o/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0895260174/advice/ref=cm_custrec_gl_more1/104-9334780-9549517[/url]

RECOMMEND: Reckless Disregard ISBN: 0895260867 (you need the ISBN)

We have to get something above the TRASH!!!

Review the book, put an order in too (just leave it in your cart without checking out if you have a copy already).[/url]
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckless Disregard is one hell of a book and a great one to recommend instead of or in addition to!

Will chill you to the bone, though. Not for the faint of heart.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:
We have GOT to stop the liars from overwhelming the books review AND "recommend instead".

Herb...I look at that from a different perspective. I don't think it's arguable that much of the Kerry support comes from activist types. It is that "type" that will flood Amazon in some frenzied attempt to pollute the intent of that Amazon feature with their propaganda.

Let 'em have their playground...and the more skewed it gets, the more it reflects their abject terror that this effort is hitting home...and hitting home HARD.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Herb wrote:

Let 'em have their playground...and the more skewed it gets, the more it reflects their abject terror that this effort is hitting home...and hitting home HARD.

We disagree (that's ok) on this part -- advertisers have long known that the more "shelf space" you get the more sales you make and having those lying books offered instead of those that are well documented cannot possibly help.

Some people will buy Unfit for Command AND another good book if we give them GOOD recommendations.

I would never recommend a book that lied, even it it supported our case, but remember, the ones we want to READ is the 20% in the MIDDLE who are relatively undecided or at least might change their minds.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt any of us could change Amazon's mind. If memory serves its still run out of Seattle - one of the staunchest dem areas in the country - much to the dismay of the rest of the state of Washington.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did "change Amazon's mind" from the initial reviews which were all trash--likely before the book even released.

Saying "we can't do something" is NOT a reason for avoiding the effort until we have made a serious attempt.

Help or don't help -- but please don't try to discourage others.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very curious -- all the book reviews of "Unfit for Command" on Amazon.com are gone. Anyone know why?
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no a couple of positive but largely insignificant reviews with the rest missing.

I tried to re-enter my factual and specific review but Amazon won't let me do that as it claims one review per product per customer yet mine is missing.

HerbM

FYI:

Kerry alters "Christmas in Cambodia" story TWICE 1st Week

The book is definitely worth reading and checking the facts (they are footnoted and under sworn affidavits) as presented -- so far, the SwiftVet.org veterans are winning the debate as during the first week of the book Kerry & Campaign changed his "Christmas in Cambodia" story TWICE (four or five by now) to fit the facts -- and will likely have to change it again since even his "supporting crew" affirm that they were NEVER IN CAMBODIA at any time.

Read the book; check the facts; compare Kerry's various versions and decide for yourself without anyone telling you what to believe.

You will hear attacks on the authors and the vets who are quoted, but you will not likely hear any refutation of the facts -- so far all the decidable points are coming down proven to be more of Kerry's lies and distortions.

You will also hear a phony charge that they didn't serve "on the same BOAT" but these boats operated together just as fighter aircraft squadrons or tanks operate in platoons -- those who operated and fought together, who ate in the same mess and slept in the same barracks while serving in the same unit: SERVED TOGETHER.

At least one SwiftVet was on Kerry's boat too. And his whole "campaign crew" agree that they and their boat were NEVER in Cambodia -- even Kerry's journal agrees.

From the book you will read...

He acquired two of his Purple Hearts through negligently self-inflicted wounds. Such wounds do not qualify. And he used one of these to turn a good deed (pulling Rassman from the water) into a heroic rescue "under fire" -- problem is according to multiple witnesses there was no fire from the banks, and even Rassman is now claiming "35 year memory fades" in interviews rather than answer direct questions.

He then used these two self-inflicted wounds along with a third
band-aid wound to bug out on his fellow Vets, return to the US further using these awards as the basis for his lies which dishonored his country and those same vets, claiming falsely that his campatriots engaged in pervasive war crimes. He even went so far as to admit himself a war criminal.

For years he told these lies to aggrandize himself and to dishonor both his country and all veterans who served in Vietnam.

The after throwing away his decorations during a Vietnam protest he makes his Vietnam experience the centerpiece of his Democratic National Convention acceptance speech, even going so far as to claim "I defended this country as a young man" - but in a war he lied to call dishonorable and not in America's interest.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:
We did "change Amazon's mind" from the initial reviews which were all trash--likely before the book even released.

Saying "we can't do something" is NOT a reason for avoiding the effort until we have made a serious attempt.

Help or don't help -- but please don't try to discourage others.

Herb; I'm not trying to discourage others, I was merely pointing out the uphill battle ahead of us when fighting a left biased news media and the left biased book outlets such as Barnes and Noble and Amazon.

No, we can't change their minds but we can point out their obvious partisan business practices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: