SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VFW tomorrow in Cincinnati
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: VFW tomorrow in Cincinnati Reply with quote

I hope and pray you Vets who can make it will. I know you are all too classsy to protest the way Dems do. But I hope you make your presence known. However you like. Kerry needs to know that the majority of Vets are not behind him. I think he has surrounded himself by 8 or 10 who keep telling him what a hero he is. Or maybe he knows it's all a sham. I'm sure he knows he lied. But please make your presence felt tomorrow.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a closed event or can anyone go?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it will be something quiet and simple.

Turning their backs on him - devastatingly effective.

Not clapping as happened at a Swifts gathering when he was introduced.

Kerry has stabbed too many vets in the back to deserve an honored place in the VFW reception.

He himself said that the soldiers of his generation would not be joining the VFW.

But, I have the feeling that VFW will be at least polite and give him a chance to speak. Certainly more than he's wanted to allow the Swifts.
uadoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: I'm sure the Vets will be polite but.. Reply with quote

I hope they make their true feelings known. Whether it's turning their backs( the way Kerry did to them after he came home) or walking out. I hope he sees that most Vets don't support him. I know they are way too classy to act like NAACP or NEA to Bush but they need to express their feelings. Rasmussen and the band of 8 or 10 will tell him all is fine but I hope he gets the picture...
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As important, if many get up and turn their backs or walk out, will it be fairly reported or reported at all? We'll see what happens.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attendees should take a camera or a camcorder. If the event isn't farily reported by the main stream media, at least some photos can get out to the blogosphere.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not clapping as happened at a Swifts gathering when he was introduced.

I think they have that fixed now... They travel with a portable "APPLAUSE" sign. J/K

SOTG
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody see this article at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1193727/posts from the Dayton Daily News:

CINCINNATI | John Kerry, life member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, could get a cool reception this morning from some in the audience for his speech at the VFW's annual convention.

President Bush spoke Monday to the same group and afterward some Kerry supporters argued outside the Albert B. Sabin Cincinnati Cinergy Center downtown with VFW members leaving the speech.

"I can't support him," one departing VFW member said of Kerry. "He didn't pull his full tour. He did four months and was out."

James J. Pirrung, a World War II Navy veteran from Texas, said some Vietnam veterans — who are a majority of VFW members — remain angry over Kerry's protests against the war after he returned from combat.

"It will be interesting to see the reception he gets from the Vietnam vets," Pirrung said. "It could be mixed."

Prediction: The reception will be definitely chilly, which the main stream media will ignore.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS was a great speech, well received:

With 2.6 million members of the VFW and its Auxuliaries, I can't help but think (pray) that some will show there dissatisfaction with the Dems "chosen one" this morning.

To any VFW reading this, I quote the famous Nike commercial slogan: "Just Do It".
SOTG
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOTG said
Quote:

To any VFW reading this, I quote the famous Nike commercial slogan: "Just Do It".

Amen to that. And I would add, Just Do It . . . for America.

We are in a serious world of hurt if John F'n Kerry wins the election. Kim Jong II, Al Qaeda, the Iranians, and every other foreigner for a weak America is practically salivating at the thought of a Kerry victory.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best response would be for the vets to give a very short, very quiet applause when Kerry delivers his best lines and contrast that with Pres. Bush`s loud and standing ovation.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respectfully disagree, Jack.

This is an opportunity to show the world how veterans feel about being stabbed in the back by this man.
Quiet applause would not be seared - SEARED in me.

SOTG
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, a short, very quiet applause to Kerry's best lines is not going to get the job done. The main stream media will simply report that as the VFW "was openly supportive of Kerry".

Whatever the VFW does to show it's displeasure of Kerry, it has to be so open that it cannot be overlooked or "spun" to show support for Kerry. It has to so newsworthy that it gets before the general public.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy, how the hell are you reading my mind? Wink

SOTG
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right SOG but any obvious disrespectful conduct will only bring sympathy for this man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: