SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9 days after Purple Heart, Kerry wrote "not shot at yet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: 9 days after Purple Heart, Kerry wrote "not shot at yet Reply with quote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40006

excerpts:
A previously unnoticed passage in John Kerry's approved war biography, citing his own journals, appears to contradict the senator's claim he won his first Purple Heart as a result of an injury sustained under enemy fire.

Kerry, who served as commander of a Navy swift boat, has insisted he was wounded by enemy fire Dec. 2, 1968, when he and two other men took a smaller vessel, a Boston Whaler, on a patrol north of his base at Cam Ranh Bay.

But Douglas Brinkley's "Tour of Duty," for which Kerry supplied his journals and letters, indicates that as Kerry set out on a subsequent mission, he had not yet been under enemy fire.

While the date of the four-day excursion on PCF-44 [Patrol Craft Fast] is not specified, Brinkley notes it commenced when Kerry "had just turned 25, on Dec. 11, 1968," which was nine days after the incident in which he claimed he had been wounded by enemy fire.

"They pulled away from the pier at Cat Lo with spirits high, feeling satisfied with the way things were going for them. They had no lust for battle, but they also were were not afraid. Kerry wrote in his notebook, 'A cocky feeling of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel because we hadn't been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven't been shot at are allowed to be cocky.'"

The diary entry apparently confirms assertions made by Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth.

The Kerry campaign's press staff has not answered WND's request for a response.

Conservative commentator and attorney Chris Horner, a defender of the swift-boats group who alerted WND to the diary entry, called it a "stunning" revelation.

"So finally, you have an eyewitness in a dear diary moment, saying, 'Dear diary, I still haven't been shot at,' confirming what the Swiftees have been saying," observed Horner, who has defended the group's claims in recent appearances on television news shows.
My question is WHY? Why would the DNC put this guy out there as their candidate? Following Al Gore??? I'm no rocket scientist nor a political analyst, but even I see the stupidity in this! Smells really fishy to me. I'm beginning to think this is a major part of the plan to get Hillary elected. Has anyone read the piece detailing WHY neither party should desire winning office this term?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/4/104959.shtml
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is from the horse's mouth. It doesn't get more eyewitness than the person himself.

I hope that Brit or Sean pick this one up.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another log on the fire that proves Kerry has been lying.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your confusion because I share it, maybe I am remembering reading something
quite some time ago about Kerry quitting and Hillary coming to the rescue in Sept, the dems had figured out if she starts in September there will not be enough time to get
any real information out on her by the conservatives.

As for choosing him, the dems were not on the ball in my opinon unless
they want him to lose so Hillary can run in 08.

Those are two different angles I have read over the last months.

I suspect the dems conceit on how smart and powerful they are led
them to believe the vets would be ignored as just another bunch of
people who work for the president and we would be so stupid we
would believe the dems. Wrong again!

They could never have forseen the totally awesome campaign that
the Swiftvets are running here. I think they are going to get even
more astounded as the weeks go by and the book is read by more
and more people and the doubt about the honesty of Kerry is shown
so clearly they simply cannot ignore it. Wink

I
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: has anyone seen this yet? Reply with quote

Soldier with Kerry in '68 says he earned first medal
Monday, August 16, 2004
Bill Sloat
Plain Dealer Reporter
Trotwood, Ohio - An Ohio factory worker who was with John Kerry on a dangerous night mission 36 years ago in Vietnam said he has no doubt Kerry was grazed in a firefight and deserves his first Purple Heart for a combat injury.

http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/isele/109265584379530.xml?isele
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, perhaps his memory is as bad as Kerry's!

Kerry himself wrote in his journal nine (9) days after receiving the PH in question here that he had not been fired on yet by the enemy.
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Kerry could have been at Cam Ranh Bay which is way up in II corps. It was probably Cat Lo
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key here is whether he used the word I or We. If he used I then he was clearly caught in another lie. If he said we then he could be referring to his new boat and new crew as receiving their first enemy fire.
xracer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: "Not shot at yet." Reply with quote

"They pulled away from the pier at Cat Lo with spirits high, feeling satisfied with the way things were going for them. They had no lust for battle, but they also were were not afraid. Kerry wrote in his notebook, 'A cocky feeling of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel because we hadn't been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven't been shot at are allowed to be cocky.'"

If I may play "devil's advocate" for a moment, I wonder if he meant that they hadn't been shot at yet in the Long Tau shipping channel? If I'm right, it gives Kerry a good out and explanation. It also tends to make the Swiftees look like they are grasping at straws to discredit this a--hole. We might want to consider easing off of this, lest we wind up with egg on our face.

[MODERATOR - Duplicate copies of this post were deleted]
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Not shot... Reply with quote

And this Ohio factory worker's name is ________? Regarding Cat Lo vs. Long Tau, it won't wash because Kerry's broad brush "...Americans at war who haven't been shot at..." is too much like his usual all encompassing effete language aimed at deepening his believability. His arrogant swagger just bit him again.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Not shot... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
And this Ohio factory worker's name is ________? Regarding Cat Lo vs. Long Tau, it won't wash because Kerry's broad brush "...Americans at war who haven't been shot at..." is too much like his usual all encompassing effete language aimed at deepening his believability. His arrogant swagger just bit him again.

click the link in my previous post for the whole story. I try to keep my posts short.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Not shot... Reply with quote

Oh, him. OK, thx.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "Not shot at yet." Reply with quote

xracer wrote:

If I may play "devil's advocate" for a moment, I wonder if he meant that they hadn't been shot at yet in the Long Tau shipping channel? If I'm right, it gives Kerry a good out and explanation. It also tends to make the Swiftees look like they are grasping at straws to discredit this a--hole. We might want to consider easing off of this, lest we wind up with egg on our face.

Give me a break! Ease off of this?! Egg on our face?!

Even I know Kerry did NOT mean they hadn't been shot at yet while in the channel. Besides, he's talking about having just pulled away from the pier! Not reflecting on the trip up the channel!

Kerry's got to be toast. There are simply TOO MANY LIES! What about "stealing" Bob Kerrey's senate record????? Haven't read too much about that...........

The guy's such a pathological liar, he makes Clinton look like a saint.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "Not shot at yet." Reply with quote

xracer wrote:

I thought about that too, but it does clearly say that "Americans at war who not been shot at yet..." It does not say "not been shot at that day." I would presume that since they were cocky they had not been shot at all. Having already been shot at would already have removed the cocksureness.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xracer isn't saying to ignore this - if I'm reading him right, he's suggesting that there is a window in that paragraph a mile wide and that we use caution before we put any real weight on it.

It fits in well with an overall pattern of Kerry's lying, and deserves to be included in the now-mountainous rebuttal, but it's a small piece of the puzzle.

Keep the focus on the things that he CANNOT wiggle out of, like the Cambodia story, the March 13 incident, his first PH, the fact that he claims TWO "tours in Vietnam."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: