SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLIERS ARE AVAILABLE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: FLIERS ARE AVAILABLE Reply with quote

I put together a flier on Microsoft Word. It is made up of two pages. Front and back. Then cut in half. Fold. You end up with a four sided two page folded little flier. Approximately 4"x5". It is better to take the two pages to a print shop and have them put them on front and back and print multiple copies for you. They will cut them and the total cost will be cheaper than doing it yourself. Never mind Kinko's, the other shops are going to be much cheaper.

At the end of the flier is a place for you to put your email address and/or telephone number. You will have to enter that information on your computer and print it for reproduction. Every copy you make gives you two fliers.

If anyone wants a copy of this and has microsoft word on their computer or access to one that does, then email me and I will send you the attachments.

Parking lots, malls, city streets, houses, apartments.

my email address is forgivenjojo@yahoo.com

Please let me know where you are from. I am trying to keep a record and an idea of what kind of coverage we are getting here.

please post a response on this forum, letting me know that you got what I sent you. Use this same post to respond and let everyone know how your efforts on the ground are going. What did people say? How did they react? Did you recruit any new people? etc etc etc

Remember that taking the time to email is important, but getting boots on the ground is important too.

I am contemplating taking orders for mass printing. I will get a P.O.Box and I can send folks fliers to hand out at cost. If you think you might be interested then email me and let me know.

Last edited by forgivenjojo on Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:04 am; edited 5 times in total
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed some of you, please let me know if it went well!
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine, Jojo. Thanks! You did an Outstanding job! I did replace the one font with Kerry's name because it came out fairly dark and a bit unreadable after it went through my printer.
DavidS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Flier Reply with quote

I'd be interested in the flier.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email me: forgivenjojo@yahoo.com

and consider it done.

It is on microsoft word.

Thanks,

Jody in Tyler Texas
grammaj
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Flyer response Reply with quote

Many thanks, jojo, for your prompt reply to my request for a flyer. Also want to thank you here for your assistance in helping me to 'log in' and not just read the posts.

God bless you and the Swiftees.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything worked fine on this end forgivenjojo. If you make any different ones, send me a copy of them.

Curt
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us a better idea what the flyer says. Question
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine! Cool

Thanks - John
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it! Great job and thank you for all the work you did
creating it.
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Fabulous work -- but "sell" it more Reply with quote

You are obviously going way above and beyond the call of duty, at least if the call of duty is defined as what most other people do (or don't do).

But you didn't "sell" this project completely, in that you didn't tell us what the flier is going to say. I think this is a needed project. But "sell" people on what the message of the flier will be.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my fellow swiftee supporters:

I am not a speech writer or a graphic designer. I just saw what I thought was a need and responded the best way I knew how.

I am not trying to sell anything. Just offer a lending hand. I realize what I have put together may not be as professional as the folks at moveon.org, but then again I wasn't competing in the first place. I just want people to know the truth about an honorable bunch of guys and realize the scary implications of having an opportunistic liar as commander in chief.

If you would like a copy of my humble production, ask and I will send it. If you are looking for a sales pitch, you are coming to the wrong man.

Thanks,
Jody in TEXAS, where we dont hunt deer on our bellies!
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody-
You did a WONDERFUL job with the flyer.
Thank you for your time and effort!
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: "selling" is good = motivation Reply with quote

No, you misunderstood me. What is missing from your great effort and post is explaining what the flier SAYS. Maybe I missed that, but I didn't see what the flier is about. When I used the word "sell" I meant in the sense of MOTIVATE. I meant it as a good thing. If you want to motivate people to get their butts moving on a great project like yours, give more information on what the flier says. Keep up the great work.
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "selling" is good = motivation Reply with quote

JonMoseley wrote:
No, you misunderstood me. What is missing from your great effort and post is explaining what the flier SAYS. Maybe I missed that, but I didn't see what the flier is about. When I used the word "sell" I meant in the sense of MOTIVATE. I meant it as a good thing. If you want to motivate people to get their butts moving on a great project like yours, give more information on what the flier says. Keep up the great work.

Since Jody is afraid to “sell” the flyer, would one of you that have received it “sell” it?

PS: I am not a Troll or a liberal lurker. You can click on the profile button below and read my posts. You can also go over to the Soldiers for the Truth forum and read my posts there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: