SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for my husband – he's not as useless as the other guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadIvan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Vote for my husband – he's not as useless as the other guy Reply with quote

LINK

Quote:
'Vote for my husband – he's not as useless as the other guy'
From Elaine Monaghan in Washington

TERESA HEINZ KERRY, America’s would-be First Lady, reinforced her reputation for blunt speaking yesterday by admitting that her husband was not qualified to hold the office.

“I think nobody is truly qualified to be President of the United States,” she said, displaying the plain speaking that has become her trademark, a possible liability for John Kerry’s campaign.

“I mean, are you qualified to run the world . . . not run it, but have that influence? No, nobody is,” she said in the latest edition of Reader’s Digest.

Many American voters may be drawn to the evident reasoning behind her argument. But others are likely to be less sympathetic. Presidential campaigns rarely admit to any human frailty on the part of their candidate.

Her honesty apparently fell flat with Reader’s Digest, which said that the message she left hanging in the air was: “Vote for John. He’s less poorly qualified than the other guy.”

It was not the first time that Mrs Kerry has drawn attention with a directness that her husband’s campaign insists is an advantage.

The widow of a Republican senator, and a former Republican herself, she once admitted voting for the current President’s father. “I don’t think the son is the father, and the father’s not the son,” she added.

Mr Kerry followed in his wife’s footsteps by baring his soul in the September edition of GQ.

Perhaps seeking to draw a comparison with the teetotal President and pre-empt more embarrassing questions about his personal life, the Democrat revealed a liking for Charlize Theron. The South African actress was “pretty extraordinary”, he told the magazine in an interview entitled “A Beer with John Kerry”. Catherine Zeta-Jones was another favourite, along with Marilyn Monroe, who was funny, complicated and “ obviously very attractive”.

The US Senator also tried to fill in some of the missing years in his personal story for voters — the period after his first marriage ended in divorce and before he married Teresa Heinz.

“Those were not good days,” he said of his time as a bachelor on Capitol Hill. “That’s not a good world, and everyone wants a piece of you, and all I can say is, thank God I found Teresa.”

He waxed lyrical about the attributes that drew him to his wife. “Look for what gets your heart,” he told the interviewer. “Someone who excites you, turns you on.”

She should have character, be smart, confident and a “full woman”, someone who “knows how to flirt and have fun” and be “sexy and saucy and challenging”.

A little present from your friends in Britain.

Regards, Ivan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
along with Marilyn Monroe, who was funny, complicated and “ obviously very attractive”.

Yeah, this guy doesn't have any delusions about being the REAL JFK!
SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: