SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FINALLY! Bush brings up Soro's/Moore/etc $$$$ to Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: FINALLY! Bush brings up Soro's/Moore/etc $$$$ to Kerry Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/19/163905.shtml

The Bush-Cheney campaign isn't about to let Sen. John Kerry's hypocritical attacks on outside groups' advertising go unchallenged.

Kerry and company are screaming about Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's $550,000 ad campaign in a mere three states, but White House spokesman Scott McClellan pointed out again today that Kerry has benefited from $62 million in ads spewed nationwide by Bush-hating pro-Democrat groups.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the statement that President has condemned all ads by the "shadowy groups". What is your take on that as it relates to SBVT? Because there's nothing shadowy about SBVT.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he is in general disagreement with the concept of 527's and doesn't like the way they circumvent the intent of election laws passed by congress. My opinion is that he would like to see them ALL go away including Swiftvets.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpo,

I mean no offense to the swift vets. As a vet myself I am behind you all the way (as most of you know), but I think the president has a point and I certainly sympathize.

President Bush has been unfairly attacked and impuned for more than a year by unregulated 527 groups. It is amazing that he isn't 15 points down.

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd accept all 527s going away if the McCain-Feingold "Campaign Finance Reform Act" went with them.

Sen. McCain, for all his heroism as a Navy flier, seems to me to have been a pretty poor Senator.
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole issue of 527s is very tricky because those who most pushed McCain-Feingold (George Soros) knew exactly what they were doing. They were well aware of these 527s and that is why they were the first to jump on them so quickly after campaign finance law passed. I don't think the 527s should be banned. Why? They are the right of Americans whether you like what they say or not. McCain-Feingold should be dumped.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

527's or not, if we EVER get to a place that the President can call up a private citizen and say "take that ad off the air", this country is finished. That is the scarriest thought in the world, and yet....it already happened. Kerry did it yesterday and he is not even President.....

Think what would be in the future were he to be elected...
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is so sad is that the MSM is now getting on the bandwagon about the 527's......now that there is a major one that isn't a Bush-bashing one.

However, 527's will no longer be needed.....the media and journalists such as Chris Matthews are better attack dogs and they are not as regulated as the 527's. I would love to see a 527 that comes out with an ad about the obviously biased journalists that are dominating the airwaves today.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Bush is between a Rock and a Hard place. He cant say that he is for SBVFT or he will be crusified and or criminially investageted. Then when he says he condemns the ads, he makes us a little antsy. Well I will be glad to take one for the team just as long as Kerry does not get in office. Bush is a standup guy in my opinion and I think he knows we will understand. Again, this is all just my opinion on this.

As far as the Campaign Reform, it is a joke to me. They shouldnt have touched it because they left so damn many lopeholes. That whole process was a waste of taxpayers money.

Curt
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit Hume said this tonight:

There can be no contact or coordination between the candidate and the 527 groups. Hume said that (and this would require LEGAL clarification) if President Bush called John O'Neill and said, "Stop the ad," it would 1) establish contact between candidate and 527 (a no-no), and 2) demonstrate coordination (by telling 527 NOT to do such-and-such) between candidate and 527.

If there's an attorney on this board, perhaps they could clarify.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt wrote:
In my opinion, Bush is between a Rock and a Hard place. He cant say that he is for SBVFT or he will be crusified and or criminially investageted. Then when he says he condemns the ads, he makes us a little antsy. Well I will be glad to take one for the team just as long as Kerry does not get in office. Bush is a standup guy in my opinion and I think he knows we will understand. Again, this is all just my opinion on this.

As far as the Campaign Reform, it is a joke to me. They shouldnt have touched it because they left so damn many lopeholes. That whole process was a waste of taxpayers money.

Curt

Would this group have been illegal before McCain-Feingold?
We used to have laws against independent free speech?

People called me crazy when I told them I liked Mitch McConnell's take ... all the funds you can raise, immediate disclosure.
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never buy Progressive Insurance!

The CEO of Progressive Insurance had given Moveon.org over TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Spread the word!
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There can be no contact or coordination between the candidate and the 527 groups. Hume said that (and this would require LEGAL clarification) if President Bush called John O'Neill and said, "Stop the ad," it would 1) establish contact between candidate and 527 (a no-no), and 2) demonstrate coordination (by telling 527 NOT to do such-and-such) between candidate and 527."

So what about MICHAEL MOORE AND JOHN KERRY????? Didn't I see him in the VIP box with former Pres. Jimmy Carter at the DNC?????
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:

The CEO of Progressive Insurance had given Moveon.org over TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Spread the word!

Actually, the man has contributed almost 5 Mil to Moveon, and 14 Million total to the leftists.

I told my Insurance agent yesterday to find me a new company, and as soon as I do, I will send Progressive a letter with my cancellation. I would heartily suggest anybody reading this do the same.

This is as bad as feeding Saddam money in the oil for bribes program......
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:

The "P" word says it all! A code word for extreme liberal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: