SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardball: Michelle Malkin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Hardball: Michelle Malkin Reply with quote

Chris Mathews was giving Michelle one heck of a hard time on the issues regarding SBV's. She held her own, albeit Chris, as usual, was pressing her for answers. Toward the end of the interview, she's the one who gave it back to Chris: she said, "have you asked Kerry these questions?" Suddenly the interview was over, and Mathews' last words: "we will not allow irresponsible statements on this show."

Chris Mathews is now firmly in the Kerry camp. But he will pay a price.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...she said, "have you asked Kerry these questions?" Suddenly the interview was over, and Mathews' last words: "we will not allow irresponsible statements on this show."

Clearly, he meant that Kerry would give irresponsible statements, LOLOL!
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-0ne pushes Michelle around, not even the MOUTH WITH NO BRAINS,
Mr. Matthews.
It is rather frightening to watch a man and others like him, eg: Carville
and Beluga who cannot and will not act like they have some basic
intelligence.
They lie, scream and up until now some of this worked, but not anymore
and the more they do it, the less people will believe them now.
Poor Chrissy Very Happy
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to call her and tell Michelle that 'self inflicted' wounds by kerry were from his own stupid actions THAT WERE NOT FROM ENEMY ACTIONS that means they were not 'on purpose' as she kept trying to repeat Exclamation I have not seen any threads by anyone here or elsewhere that accuse him of doing the wounds 'on purpose' Exclamation Exclamation
Her statements that the SBVT were saying the wounds were on purpose were"irresponsible statements" My God that woman did you damage by try to spread a 'rumor' that kerry did his wounds on purpose. that's somethink you should NEVER RAISE Exclamation Exclamation Didn't you hear her Question Question Question If anyone believes that then you must think max cleland fragged himself with a grenade and blew off 3 limbs in VN to get out Rolling Eyes
My god the kerry camp will have a field day calling SBVT liars Exclamation
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews was trying to trick her into saying the wounds were on purpose.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my point is she does not understand the words 'self inflicted' Exclamation
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop kerry wrote:
my point is she does not understand the words 'self inflicted' Exclamation

I'm sorry guys I think Michelle did not do a good job with Mathews. He is a bully and it takes standing up to him to put him in his place. She passed up the obvious response to 'why doesn't George W. Bush just pick up the phone and call these people and put a stop to this ad?".

The obvious response is: it would not be legal. You expect the President of the United States to break the law, to assume control over a seperate organization with no political ties to his campaign and you expect the American people to buy that lame line of 'take control' when it would be breaking the law?

Usually she is quite good. But placed into a boiler room atmosphere with Mathews the mob's henchman, she did not strike him as she should have.

Wish I could have.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iggit,

I disagree. It is hard to get everything right when Matthews is bullying you, but he was clearly being a bully and a cross examiner, and just as that didn't go off well vs O'Neill, I don't think it worked tonight either.

The key point is this: She got Matthews MAD at her for asking a reasonable question. She got him to lose his temper on the air...and THAT is what people will remember. Bank on it.

Truth is Beauty
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

Chris Matthews just tore into Mr Thurlow. He was trying to bait him badly but Mr Thurlow held his ground.

Matthews was practically red in the face and slammed the door on Thurlow.

Please, let Mr Thurlow that we support him - hang in there. Matthews is an idiot!!!!!!!

- instigator
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathews was really rough on Thurlow in his attack on Thurlows percieved "Kerry Plan". What strikes me about this is Thurlow is using common sense or cognitive deduction, whatever flips your boat. Yet Mathew is persistant in pushing thurlow to explain with documented evidence the "Plan". Amazing how a liberal such as Mathews who would normally demand a nuanced explanation of the nature of things is soo admamently opposed to anything nuanced from a swiftvet. Bah hope this made sense hehe I am writing while watching the show. Repeat.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Cleland is an idiot. Try reading the book.

SOTG
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just zapped mine off to Matthews.

The meat of the message:

CHRIS MATTHEWS YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Mcleland is trying to say no one puts themself in for a medal. yeah, never saw that one in my 20 years - NOT!

He's always putting out a conspiracy that someone downgraded Kerry's Silver Star submitted by Rassman.

Just goes to show that these guys wouldn't move out of the way if the TRUTH Greyhound was bearing down on them and ran them over.

- instigator
dhanson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that Chris Matthews had a point. He did not bring up the 'plan' - Larry Thurlow did. Once Thurlow brought it up, Matthews went after it.

The real problem here is that most of the Swiftvets do not have John O'Neill's background. They are amateurs going up against very good professionals like Matthews. Larry Thurlow made some crucial mistakes in that interview. The main one was veering away from the facts and talking about his personal beliefs about Kerry's master plan. Once he did, he was vulnerable to cross examination. John O'Neill would have never made that mistake.

I think O'Neill needs to sit his Swiftvets down and give them some lessons in how to present their arguments to the media. If they keep going out unprepared and speaking as average people with an opinion, guys like Matthews are going to turn them inside out, get them confused, get them saying contradictory things, then the media will have their hook to hang the Swiftvets on.

They need to stick to the facts. They should never talk about anything other than what they witnessed and what they are willing to swear to in an affidavit. Talk about Kerry's 'plan' should never have come up. It's hearsay and speculation.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that do not know how cleland lost 3 limbs, he was exiting a chopper, saw a grenade on the ground then picked it up. The grenade supposedly (according to Cleland) came form someone else exiting the chopper that had it set so the pin would pull once removed from the jacket. Well it blew up thus minus 3 limbs. Why anyone would pick up a grenade with a pulled pin rather then yell "Cover Live Grenade" or something to that effect is beyond me. He lost 3 limbs because of stupidity. That might sound harsh but damn we have gotten too politically correct in this country. The fact is he got hurt because he did something very dumb.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Cleland IS an idiot and that's the UNDERSTATEMENT of the century!

Here's another that parades around like some wounded war hero....WHATEVER! The guy was an idiot/klutz and ended up blowing himself to bits!

He's made me PUKE since I was a kid!

(I live in his state and I'm quite the "klutz" myself - I consider myself qualified to speak about him....sorry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: