SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**** Exactly what Kerry records are missing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: **** Exactly what Kerry records are missing? Reply with quote

Looking over what is posted at his site, I am not quite sure what else is missing... could someone help out?
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command history and After action reports before january 1 1969, are missing. When he was in coastal division 13, I believe
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile Smile Smile If anyone knows of what else is missing, please post!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread floating around here somewhere that lists many of the missing documents.
Reg
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also missing:

1. "spot reports" for Jan '69.
2. "spot report" for the mysterious final mission described in "TofD" p.324-328.

I'm sure there's more. One thing that would also be useful is a complete explaination of who was OinC of which PCF for each mission.

It's my understanding that on PCF 94 Kerry and his crew shared the boat (different shifts) with another OinC (Salinas I believe) and his crew.

Furthermore sometimes Kerry took a different boat-- ie not PCF 94. When?
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
There's a thread floating around here somewhere that lists many of the missing documents.

Hmmm, I will have to dig... if anyone else finds it before me, let me know via PM or something...

Reg, thanks for the info... Smile
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to find it but our search function isn't working very well, tonight.

Sorry. But, I do think that they were in this forum, if that helps any. Only two pages to search through. Wink
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I've been trying to find it but our search function isn't working very well, tonight.

Sorry. But, I do think that they were in this forum, if that helps any. Only two pages to search through. Wink

TY Echo Juliet... Wink I'll keep digging! Cool

*Edit* Well wuddya know?

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2256

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction NNN... Smile
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 28th spot reports is one of the most irritating missing pieces! Missing crew roster is another upsetter.
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot reports, After-action reports, etc... are all helpful but the thing that bothers me the most is that Kerry will not release all of his FITREPS and the award nominations. In the documents that I saw on this site, there was the second page _only_ of one FITREP; what is on the first page that he doesn´t want known? There is the second page _only_ of a radio message (a FITREP addendum); what is on the first page that he doesn´t want known? Why will he not release the FITREP that mentions or covers the first PH? Why will he not release his FITREPS from the destroyer where he did not qualify as OOD Underway?

A lot can be discerned by reading a few FITREPS. And the award nominations would show who drafted them, who recommended approval and when exactly they were processed.

Dane
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is missing that is definitive and relevant is his personnel file (a "301" in the Army - not sure of the Navy designation) and his complete medical records file. This would show the wounds treatment records - might even show a vsiit to Dr. Letson, for example, for some combat-unrelated, routine medical matter. It would also show his awards paper trail and his Fitness Reports.

You have to READ carefully what the Kerry people say and put out. They are masters at the dodge-ball game lawyers and the media are expert at. It is all intentional dishonesty, meant to mislead and divert from the real questions and issues. They say all the records available "from the Navy" have been disclosed. The Navy does not have custody of personnel and medical records!!!! These types of records are in the custordy of a division of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), namely the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records divison, in St. Louis - and they are protected by privacy laws that can only be breached by written permission of the veteran (the Standard Form 180).

You can also bet your jungle boots that the Kerry campaign already has every last piece of these records.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His Fitness Reports are missing the important pages. Look at the page numbers. All the relevant pages that would tell us what we really need to know are missing.
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Fitrep Reply with quote

There is continuity of the fitreps posted on Kerry´s site - in fact, too much.

In NOV69, while processing kerry´s request for transfer to inactive duty, BUPERS sent a msg directly to Elliot, then located in Newport, informing him that Kerry´s detaching fitrep was never received. The msg ordered Eliot to submit by msg a new Fitrep followed by a hardcopy version. He did so. The Kerry site includes the second page only of the radio msg and also the second page only of the fitrep (which corresponds to the info contained on the second page of the radio msg).

The "new and improved" fitrep is markedly different from the original with all grade marks significantly improved and it also mentions the four awards. But what is on the first page that they don´t want known???

Here´s the funny part. Kerry´s site includes the original fitrep AND the new and improved!!! This just serves to attract attention and shows that BUPERS indeed had received the original!!!

The other strange part: when a fitrep is not received; Bupers sends a msg to the originating COMMAND - not to its ex-C.O., whereever he may be. I also do not understand why Elliot did not simply send a msg to COSDIV 11 requesting a copy of the original fitrep be forwarded. Instead, he drafted a completely new fitrep from memory. Or, at least, someone drafted a completely new fitrep.

Dane

Something muy strange here....
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone... we are getting closer and closer! Smile Smile Smile
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how things worked back then, but when I detached from PHMRON 2 and active duty in 1992, I carried away a complete set of my medical records and a copy of my personnel files, including awards, fitreps and all that good stuff. Along with my DD214 which came in the mail soon after. If someone asked me for a complete set of records from my 5 years on active duty, I could produce them this evening. And I didn't even bring a movie camera to the Persian Gulf.....

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: