SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Predictions on tonight's Nightline show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Predictions on tonight's Nightline show Reply with quote

Nightline is going to "cover" the story tonight.

I predict

a) It's all Bush's fault

b) Nothing to see here

c) Republicans are mean

What do you think?
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... sounds like par for the course. Cool
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the blurb from their website, looks like McAwful wrote it.

Quote:
Thursday, Aug. 19
The gloves are off. Senator John Kerry is fighting mad. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth which supports President Bush's re-election effort has made accusations which Kerry now refuses to ignore. Why he's decided to react now is unclear, but he's decisively angry and is stearing his campaign right into the line of fire, challenging the President to "bring it on."

Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I am not going to be able to see Nightline, but I don't think they will trash the SBV4T as much as they would like to.

Why? This has in the last few hours become a "media feeding frenzy" and Kerry is the main course. They will do nothing to offend their newest darling....and that's us.

Don't get carried away or overconfident; they still hate us, but IMHO they will no longer protect Kerry.

Truth is Beauty
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

<<Don't get carried away or overconfident; they still hate us, but IMHO they will no longer protect Kerry.
>>>

Truer words I never read. If not for Polaris, Me#1, and others plugging away today for quick responses to the Washington Post story, this might not have taken the good turn it did (although Kerry coming forward and thrashing around would have helped).

The hate is palpable, but the MSM is in tatters itself after ignoring this story for a long time. They won't carry water for him anymore--except, perhaps, NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC, which have hired Douglas Brinkley for analysis. NBC's so in the tank it won't even try to hide it and recover from it.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Nighline tonight Reply with quote

This story has legs. It will be on tonight. Kerry is toast. Kerry may be the first Presidential candidate to drop out before the election.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I also think this will go down in history as the dawn of the blogosphere. For the first time in history a major new story was carried WITHOUT the mainstream media.

Truth is Beauty
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:
Polaris wrote:

<<Don't get carried away or overconfident; they still hate us, but IMHO they will no longer protect Kerry.
>>>

Truer words I never read. If not for Polaris, Me#1, and others plugging away today for quick responses to the Washington Post story, this might not have taken the good turn it did (although Kerry coming forward and thrashing around would have helped).

The hate is palpable, but the MSM is in tatters itself after ignoring this story for a long time. They won't carry water for him anymore--except, perhaps, NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC, which have hired Douglas Brinkley for analysis. NBC's so in the tank it won't even try to hide it and recover from it.

I disagree. These are basically the media talking points for the day. They call themselves the gang of 500. It's from The Note at ABC

Quote:
The Washington Post looks at one of the key members of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, laying down not the first (nor the last) journalistic suggestion that the group's name is more ironic than Dickensian

If you read it every day you'll know exactly how they're going to spin you. http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/TheNote/TheNote.html
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:

<<Truer words I never read. If not for Polaris, Me#1, and others plugging away today for quick responses to the Washington Post story, this might not have taken the good turn it did (although Kerry coming forward and thrashing around would have helped).

The hate is palpable, but the MSM is in tatters itself after ignoring this story for a long time. They won't carry water for him anymore--except, perhaps, NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC, which have hired Douglas Brinkley for analysis. NBC's so in the tank it won't even try to hide it and recover from it. <<<<<

Stealthy wrote:

I disagree. These are basically the media talking points for the day. They call themselves the gang of 500. It's from The Note at ABC <<<

Although the MSM tends to be a monolopy of thought, it remains somewhat competitive among the conglomerates. You will notice the NBC group, Newsweek and The Washington Post tend to hand together due to mutual business interests. Since they have decided to be blatantly and unabashedly in the tank for Kerry--and hired Brinkley to rub everyone's noses in it--the CBS and ABC cartels will be slightly less pro-Kerry. This rift will not be glaring but has become discernible in the last few hours.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see. After what they did for Clinton, I don't think you can trust them at all.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that right now, this moment, as we speak, John Kerry's butler who travels with him is burying one single tyne of a fork deep in Kerry's butt, to prove he does have shrapnal in him.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on. Chris Bury is a far-left liberal. No way will this be fair.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad is "infamous" and raises questions about Bush's service.

The "attack group" is how they're described.

Always Anti-Kerry too.

The typical McCain dodge.

It's a smear. Plainly.

Next up, the NYT's version of the genisis.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Predictions on tonight's Nightline show Reply with quote

I saw Nightline and listened to Paul Bedard from US News and World Report. Bedard made it clear that he supported Kerry but what made me mad was his disrespect for the swift boat veterans. One of his comments was no one cares about the swift boat veterans. I was left with the impression Bedard didn't see any value in veterans. As of now the script is unavailabe for access on the internet but should be available soon.

I recommend that his comments from the script be made available and not only veterans but the general public should complain bitterly to ABC and US News and World Report on his venemous remarks about veterans. I am no subscriber to the magazine and never have an interest in reading a magazine that will allow a commentator to spew this hatred

JK
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on that comment JK, no question people still care about the Veterans of Vietnam...and because of the Swift Vets fight to correct the record, many more care more all the time....

I realized how out of touch those comments are. They just don't understand what is going on. That ad is the strongest commentary on a politican since they started making TV ads.

I thought Nightline did a fair job....if it was Koppel doing the program it would have been lopsided.

But remember these are the same guys that did not get the Ad or the overwhelming response....they are clueless. They don't even understand the Veterans are pissed because Kerry compared them to Genghus Khan.

As soon as that ad runs there is little question that Kerry is a liar. I just watched the new Kerry ad....it does nothing.

Kerry is flopping and liberal media is horrified
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: