SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks to unknown Veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rittar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Thanks to unknown Veterans Reply with quote

My son, SSG Matthew J. Collins, returned from Bagdag on 4 Aug 04, for his two week leave. His airplane arrived in Dallas and the soldiers were meant by several retired veterans and numerous others. He asked that I post that he was so overcome by emotion at this outpouring of support, he could barely speak. As a young man he did not want this group to see the tears in his eyes and he said he may have appeared somewhat cold. He wishes to thank all who showed up to welcome the soldiers and express he meant no direspect to the veterans.

He is returning to Bagdad today.

Rittar
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have all shed tears at times it is not unmanly to feel that much pariotism. I hope you conveighed that to him. I hope you put a letter to the editor of the Dallas paper to address his thanks to those Veterans. I guarantee that one of them will read it and pass the word. I got the same overwhelming emotions when I visited the wall in DC. There were Veterans there that comforted the families and other Vets who were overcome. We are a breed of our own but more so we are family. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: