SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Gore, Fedayeen Uncle Sam
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Al Gore, Fedayeen Uncle Sam Reply with quote

Al Gore has certainly proven himself to be a Fedayeen Uncle Sam. Thank God he did not become President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of this nation.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13563
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Gore: a deranged partisan hack Reply with quote

Weep for our country, because this deranged partisan hack was once Vice-President of the United States.

Gore Gone Crazy

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/006781.php

Al Gore's speech today before a Move On audience in New York was so over the top, so around the bend, so surreal in its hateful portrayal of America and the Bush administration, that it stakes out ground never before occupied by a prominent (or formerly prominent) American politician. To fisk the entire speech, pointing out and documenting all of its hundreds of inaccuracies, would take days if not weeks. So I'll confine myself, for now, to a few points.

The main theme of Gore's speech was that all of the current bad news from Iraq is a natural outgrowth of President Bush's policies. For example:

The abuse of the prisoners at Abu Ghraib flowed directly from the abuse of the truth that characterized the Administration's march to war and the abuse of the trust that had been placed in President Bush by the American people in the aftermath of September 11th....David Kay concluded his search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq with the famous verdict: "we were all wrong." And for many Americans, Kay's statement seemed to symbolize the awful collision between Reality and all of the false and fading impressions President Bush had fostered in building support for his policy of going to war.

To which I can only say: Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002:

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.
Gore continues:

It is now clear that their obscene abuses of the truth and their unforgivable abuse of the trust placed in them after 9/11 by the American people led directly to the abuses of the prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison and, we are now learning, in many other similar facilities constructed as part of Bush's Gulag, in which, according to the Red Cross, 70 to 90 percent of the victims are totally innocent of any wrongdoing.

Huh? Why exactly is that "clear"? But it's always fun when a liberal tries to quote a statistic; let's pursue that for a moment. Gore's reference to the Red Cross was very artfully phrased, no doubt because he knew the impression he was trying to foster was false. Anyone hearing his speech would reasonably understand that the Red Cross had done some kind of a survey or study and had found, by some empirical means, that 70 to 90 percent of the Iraqis in Abu Ghraib and other prisons were completely innocent.

That is not, of course, what the Red Cross reported. Their February report, which is freely accessible on the internet, said only this: "Certain CF military intelligence officials told the ICRC that in their estimate between 70% and 90% of the persons deprived of liberty in Iraq had been arrested by mistake." Note three basic points: One, the Red Cross did no investigation whatsoever to arrive at this "statistic," which now shows up routinely in left-wing denunciations of the war. Two, the allegation is unsourced; the "military intelligence officials" are anonymous. Such anonymous, second-hand sourcing is, for obvious reasons, notoriously unreliable. God only knows what some unknown "intelligence official" said to some unknown Red Cross staffer.

Third, the Red Cross' second-hand slur didn't refer to Abu Ghraib or any other prison. It referred to persons who were "deprived of liberty." A great many people in Iraq are detained briefly by military personnel; it seems reasonable to assume that most of those who are "arrested by mistake" are freed, not imprisoned at Abu Ghraib or other prisons in "Bush's gulag." It is therefore ridiculous to transfer the Red Cross' anonymous estimate to the inmates of Abu Ghraib. But this is what Al Gore and other leftist politicians and newspapers do, constantly.

Gore alleges that the war in Iraq has somehow impeded the war on terror and benefited al Qaeda:

Just yesterday, the International Institute of Strategic Studies reported that the Iraq conflict "has arguably focused the energies and resources of Al Qaeda and its followers while diluting those of the global counterterrorism coalition." The ISS said that in the wake of the war in Iraq Al Qaeda now has more than 18,000 potential terrorists scattered around the world and the war in Iraq is swelling its ranks.

Gore relies on news reports like this one from the Associated Press. But, as Dafydd ab Hugh has pointed out, the short attention span of the American liberal apparently prevented Gore from reading to the end of the article, where the 18,000 number is explained:

The IISS said its estimate of 18,000 al-Qaida fighters was based on intelligence estimates that the group trained at least 20,000 fighters in its camps in Afghanistan before the United States and its allies ousted the Taliban regime. In the ensuing war on terror, some 2,000 al-Qaida fighters have been killed or captured, the survey said.

So Gore's claim that "in the wake of the war in Iraq" al Qaeda has 18,000 members is a ridiculous mischaracterization of the Institute of Strategic Studies' report. The 18,000 number is merely the difference between the estimated number of people who passed through al Qaeda training camps before the war in Afghanistan, and the 2,000 al Qaeda members who are estimated to have been killed since then. The figure, whether accurate or not, has nothing at all to do with the war in Iraq, contrary to Gore's assertion.

I don't know whether the IISS has any particular credibility, but, for what it's worth, here is what that organization had to say about the potential benefits of the Iraq war in the fight against terrorism:

Progress in marginalising transnational Islamist terrorists will come incrementally. It is likely to accelerate only with currently elusive political developments that would broadly depress recruitment and motivation, such as the stable democratisation of Iraq or resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Liberals hate America. They never admit it, but it's true. Here is a small but revealing moment in Gore's hysterical tirade that shows, I think, what he really believes:

[Speaking of torture] We all know these things, and we need not reassure ourselves and should not congratulate ourselves that our society is less cruel than some others, although it is worth noting that there are many that are less cruel than ours.

Got that? America is "less cruel than some," but "more cruel than many." We just need to apologize for our errors, bow our heads in submission, and take instruction from the majority of nations in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America who are so well qualified to give us lessons in the avoidance of cruelty. If you believe this, you may as well stop reading; you are a hard-core Kerry voter.

I could go on, but I'll stop for now. There is simply too much falsehood and confusion in Gore's speech for any one person to deconstruct. We should perhaps divide his tirade by paragraphs and parcel out to websites in the blogosphere--the Northern Alliance, for example, with help from others, since the job is so vast--the task of refuting Gore's misrepresentations and libels, one by one.

In the meantime, you should read his speech. Read it, and weep for our country, because this deranged partisan hack was once Vice-President of the United States.
Dave Crosby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Gore Gone Bonkers Reply with quote

I agree. The sad thing is he is so mentally unstable he does not even realize how he is coming across to the people of this country.

There is a reason for the shift in what was once the "Loyal Opposition" I'll get to later.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll repeat what I wrote in the Vets forum.

Al Gore is the laughing stock of American politics.

Because he lost the 2000 election?
No. Because he showed his lack of class when he did.
Richard
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I listened to that speech, I was in shock and awe. My jaw was agape. I've come to expect extreme hyperbole from Gore. But that was encredible!!

Earlier, I wrote a post about my lack of faith in our national leadership. Not all of it, but certainly a portion of it. My question is how can these people make such outlandish statements and look themselves in the mirror? Let alone face the voters! Al Gore is no longer in officer (Thank you, Lord Exclamation ) but he still speaks for many liberals and liberal Democrats. But Ted Kennedy is still in office. And so is Pelosi, Daschle, Wrangle, Finestein, and other rabble rousers. They have no understanding of national security.

A VOTE FOR KERRY IS A VOTE FOR KENNEDY
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore is only the laughing stock of that minority who voted for Bush. And worldwide, Bush could only dream of being a laughing stock since he's actually considered a threat to world peace in the civilized world.

And it's foolish to claim that the invasion of Iraq has made us any safer. It was a terrible error to think that we could tackle Al Qaeda by invading a country run by someone who had nothing but suspicion of them.

The way we could have tackled Al Qaeda required the assistance of our allies, especially in matters of intelligence since the organization is dispersed throughout the world.

Oops! What allies? Rumania and Estonia?
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky....you've already proved your point.....that you are an "assclown". Why do you have to keep repeating it over and over? We're sick and tired of your brainless "Liberal" crap.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Gore is only the laughing stock of that minority who voted for Bush.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. That crazy appx. one half of the U.S. population are CLEARLY an irrelevant minority. Sparky, I am IMPRESSED with your mastery of statistics!

Sparky: you must also take up the matter of half of the U.S. population falling below the median level of intelligence. This is a DISGRACE and must be due to Republican racism!

sparky wrote:
And worldwide, Bush could only dream of being a laughing stock since he's actually considered a threat to world peace in the civilized world.

Absolutely! He's worse than Osama himself!

sparky wrote:
And it's foolish to claim that the invasion of Iraq has made us any safer. It was a terrible error to think that we could tackle Al Qaeda by invading a country run by someone who had nothing but suspicion of them.

We should immediately put Saddam back in power! What a disgrace!

sparky wrote:
The way we could have tackled Al Qaeda required the assistance of our allies, especially in matters of intelligence since the organization is dispersed throughout the world.

Yes, those allies are now so inflamed that they will keep the information to themselves, just so that NYC and L.A. get nuked. That's only fair and will teach that evil Bush a lesson, they say!

You know, people, you've misjudged Sparky! He's really a PROPHET, unmatched in Wisdom and Brilliance...a Moses for modern times!
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Maybe Gore is doing a "good cop bad cop" routine f Reply with quote

One has to wonder if Gore's psychotic display (one of many) is being utilized to make Kerry look more acceptable or reasonable to voters.

Every time Gore opens his mouth, I thank God that he wasn't elected (although a few poor deluded souls on this board still think he was. It is called the Electoral College, boys. Check it out. It is the same thing that renders my vote moot in Massachusetts.

The really scary thing is the response from the rabid, extremist ulltraleftist crowd. Anywhere else but at a moveon (more accurately, "moron") party, he would likely be pelted with rotten fruit and eggs. I have liberal friends (believe it or not!) that were as appalled as I was.

Similarly, recent comments by the likes of Pelosi, Kennedy, Clinton (the Sen.), and others border on sedition, if for no other reason than the fact that there is no longer any local news: the internet and satellite communications make it likely that more foreigners were watching Gore's diatribe than American citizens. And you can bet it will be faithfully trancribed for the Al Jazeera readers.

Do they ever think that their political ambitions are getting soldiers killed? Obviously not. The old axiom of politics "stopping at the water's edge" was as wise as it was old. Too bad the Democrats have abandoned it amd our troops for political expediency.
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I know that this website is based upon not believing that John Kerry is suitable for being President, and on publicizing the Swift Vets position against him.

Second, I also know that some people think the real reason for the site's existence is to be anti-Kerry for merely political reasons because of the forthcoming election, and that the board is composed of Republicans leveraging their Vietnam service to appear neutral and factual.

Viewing the site today, I see plenty of attacks on Joe Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Al Gore and other Democrats not running for President.

Are there no veterans here that actually are Democrats? I thought half the United States was Democrat. Is there no such thing as a liberal or moderate vet here? Whenever the posts mention a Democrat, and god forbid a liberal Democrat, ...they are attacked. So it seems to me that when you post attacking other Democrats other than Kerry you are proving that the real reason for this board is the second reason and not the first.

Since Al Gore did not mention the SwiftVets in his speech (which while I truly like Gore, admit was a poor overwrought "red meat" speech) why this thread here?
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this board is nothing but a bunch of redneck republicans out to hang any democrat in sight, ya right get real. Kennedy, Gore, Clinton, Kerry are viewed by many of us as traitors, criminals. As a group they make us vomit. I only wish more democrats were more like Joe Lieberman, Ben Nelson. At least they are lawabidding and make sense. Kerry is fueled by the former group and if we could they would all be out, but for now just linking them together is enough.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxdicklover says:
Quote:
That crazy appx. one half of the U.S. population are CLEARLY an irrelevant minority. Sparky, I am IMPRESSED with your mastery of statistics!

Sparky: you must also take up the matter of half of the U.S. population falling below the median level of intelligence. This is a DISGRACE and must be due to Republican racism!

Bush got 50,456,169 votes. You should be impressed with my mastery of statistics if you think that Bush got half the U.S. population's vote. He got more like the vote of ~17% of the U.S. population
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:

Since Al Gore did not mention the SwiftVets in his speech (which while I truly like Gore, admit was a poor overwrought "red meat" speech) why this thread here?

I guess so that people like you could read the whole thread and then complain that it was there in the first place. Very Happy
Richard
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
First, I know that this website is based upon not believing that John Kerry is suitable for being President, and on publicizing the Swift Vets position against him.

Second, I also know that some people think the real reason for the site's existence is to be anti-Kerry for merely political reasons because of the forthcoming election, and that the board is composed of Republicans leveraging their Vietnam service to appear neutral and factual.

Viewing the site today, I see plenty of attacks on Joe Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Al Gore and other Democrats not running for President.

Are there no veterans here that actually are Democrats? I thought half the United States was Democrat. Is there no such thing as a liberal or moderate vet here? Whenever the posts mention a Democrat, and god forbid a liberal Democrat, ...they are attacked. So it seems to me that when you post attacking other Democrats other than Kerry you are proving that the real reason for this board is the second reason and not the first.

Jim,

That's a fair observation. Let me explain why I post here. I am not a Swifty, never was. I can totally sympathize with anyone who served in Swift Boats who feel they were slandered by Kerry's testimony before Congress. In fact, I feel slandered myself as a Vet.

But I don't post here just to add a voice to the mission of this site:
Quote:
MISSION:

We believe it is incumbent on ALL presidential candidates to be totally honest and forthcoming regarding personal background and policy information that would help the voting public make an informed decision when choosing the next president of the United States.

Now that Senator John Kerry is the presumptive nominee of his Party for president, numerous questions have been raised concerning Mr. Kerry’s service in Vietnam and concerning his subsequent antiwar activities. Our mission is to provide solid factual information relating to Mr. Kerry’s abbreviated tour of duty as a member of Coastal Division 14 and Coastal Division 11. Since many who are involved with Swiftvets.com themselves had swift boat duty and knew John Kerry personally, they are in a unique position to provide such information.

For me it goes much, much further than just lying about one aspect of Kerry's life. I am against the attitude that one can say anything they like and call it free speech. Kerry's testimony before Congress was a most egregious example of lying and political opportunism. But he is not alone. Ted Kennedy is just as guilty. He demonstrated that attitude as early as his college days at Harvard when he was expelled for cheating on his final exams. His father, Joe Kennedy, did much the same thing. There are corroborated reports that he paid NY Times reporters to write stories favorable to his family's agenda. Al Gore was practicing that same attitude in his speech at MoveOn.org.

So, you see, it is more than just one example of bad judgement on Kerry's part. It is a character flaw. And one that is not unique to John Kerry. And as long as any politician with that flaw runs for office, you'll find me prying open the windows to let the sunshine in.

Richard
Scott

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Bush got 50,456,169 votes.

True, Sparky. On www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/ you can also find Gore's popular vote: 50,996,116.

Gore won the popular vote and lost the Electoral College.

You know what the Electoral College is, don't you, Sparky?

BTW, your 17% for Bush is a bit off.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: