SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on donation for 527?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Question on donation for 527? Reply with quote

Are donations made open to the media and others?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on donation for 527? Reply with quote

JDNor wrote:
Are donations made open to the media and others?

Do you mean "can they be investigated by the media and others?" or "can the media and others make donations?"

The answer to both is "yes".

Very Happy
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Sort of.... Reply with quote

My wife would like to donate to the group but I am somewhat leary of donations and have never donated to any campaign or group.

I do not want to stand in the way of her donating, but I was wondering by do so, would those who may try to harm people who donate have access to my wife's information?

Thanks for answering...
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad you feel that way.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the donations are a matter of public knowledge, it's doubtful any of the opposition would defame any of the smaller donors. Those giving in the hundred thousand dollars (1) is their main focus.

Small donations, $25, $50, $100, even as little as $5 are greatly appreciated and help keep it going.
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Stealthy... Reply with quote

Watching the Swiftboat Vets get hit by the DNC, "Brown Books", misquoted etc...How could not feel that someone could take her name, or my name and try to do some type of harm?

There are those on the far left and far right that I feel are like this....

I am sure she will be making a donation with my blessing!! It all comes for the same account anyhow! Very Happy
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sort of.... Reply with quote

JDNor wrote:
My wife would like to donate to the group but I am somewhat leary of donations and have never donated to any campaign or group.

I do not want to stand in the way of her donating, but I was wondering by do so, would those who may try to harm people who donate have access to my wife's information?

Thanks for answering...

The fact that you are worried the Kerry supporters may harm you if you donate is all the more reason to donate. If you feel that way then must make every effort to stop Kerry.

Zell Miller
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Information we collect when you contribute:

If you make a contribution to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth by credit card, we need to know your name, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date in order to process the transaction. We do not retain your credit card number or expiration date in our system. We ask for your email address so that we can email you a receipt.

Legislation signed into law in 2000 requires that groups organized under code section 527, which Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is, file regular reports with the IRS that detail their contributions and expenditures. We must identify the name and address of contributors of $200 or more. If the donor is a person, we must also ask for the employer and occupation of that individual. Other than as required by law, we do not disclose this information to any other third parties.

I don't know if that helps any, JDNor - but there are probably at LEAST 25-30,000 donators by now... you'll be lost in a crowd. Wink
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
While the donations are a matter of public knowledge, it's doubtful any of the opposition would defame any of the smaller donors. Those giving in the hundred thousand dollars (1) is their main focus.

Small donations, $25, $50, $100, even as little as $5 are greatly appreciated and help keep it going.

Small Donations, under $2000 will never draw any attention. Forget the $100...Give 2 Grand.

200 people at $1000 each could defeat Kerry in Nevada, for example!
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Oh well... Reply with quote

I just donated in my name....That takes care of my question!! Smile

It is not much but I NO ONE has the right to silence the 1st Amendment and those who want to tell their story!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Small Donations, under $2000 will never draw any attention. Forget the $100...Give 2 Grand.

200 people at $1000 each could defeat Kerry in Nevada, for example!

If I had two grand it would be there. Wink

200 people at a grand each is great - 25 - 30,000 people with amounts from $5 to $50 is a formidable force, though.
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are just some things where you have to stand up and be counted (and heard).

I will admit I have been a Republican since I was old enough to vote, but prior to the Swift Boats, I was never one to get involved and I had never donated to either the party or a particular candidate before.

This is different.

The time is NOW!!!

It's time for us to stand up and allow these brave men the opportunity to set the record straight for Vietnam Veterans everywhere.

Whatever I can do to help these guys keep up the fight and to help them reclaim the honor that was STOLEN from them by a LIAR 33 years ago I will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: