SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not just for vets... Everybody lost with Kerry's testimony!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlgoodin
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: not just for vets... Everybody lost with Kerry's testimony! Reply with quote

Hi;

My name is Lee Goodin. I am not a veteran but most of my family are veterans. I've been watching this political contest with great angst. Not only were soldiers injured by John Kerry's testimony, everybody else was too! I had a longtime friend, (Allan Cox) we lost track of each other during high school but I new he went to NAM. It was 1975, and I was in a Hamilton Autoparts store in North Phoenix. I met my longtime friend, but instead of a big hug and welcome back, I sheepishly THOUGHT "babykiller", smiled and said welcome back. I never saw him again (I never tried to see him again). I am disgusted with myself. I chalk it up to youth and stupidity, and try to go on. I think this happened a lot, and to many people. Spend the evening watching "The Deer Hunter" and similar movies. This man is bad for us.

You know that he was not the only one at fault for presenting such false and baseless information in such a prestigous and well revered venu. He was sponsored by several senators. They need to boost their standards in congress.

But I did not just loose a great friend. I went on based on some of that information to reject a career in the service. I probably would have joined the Airforce or Navy. I regret that decision every day. I immagine the comaradery, and the rich experiences. I miss the skills and opportunity to develop leadership. My life would have been much better without the testimony of John Kerry.

On another point... It is VERY dangerous to learn to pilot military aircraft, I have 24 years experience in aviation and this is true! Skills required include - concentration, quick thinking and critical decision skills, and the application of mathematics in a very fast paced and abstract environment. President Bush has some great skills and would make a good president. The experience of working on a Swift Boat is probably more dangerous than flying, but flying is not a trip to the park.

My nephew is a marine and he went to Iraq. He is home now, and we are so very proud of him.

PLEASE WORK VERY HARD TO KEEP JOHN KERRY OUT OF THE WHITEHOUSE... MY PRAYRS ARE WITH YOU AND I'M COUNTING ON YOU.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen.....

and inspired a philosophy of disgust for any military person, and the families that love them.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee,

Your post touched many, I believe.

The SBVT may well achieve a LOT more than prevent a traitor from becoming CIC. They may help heal on open wound and sense of guilt in American society that's been festering for over 30 years. I see more going down here than just Kerry. I see the entire leftist movement being discredited and disgraced in a way that has never before been possible.

I think the leftist elite media also sense this and are brazenly showing their bias. They too are self-immolating.

It's about time.
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Jungle_rat. You hit the nail square on the head.

This is far bigger than the Swift Vets. The Internet's true power is really coming to light along with the power of truth and justice.

Today's new ad will be a classic case for future scholars to study the effects of broadband Internet access along with the power of a new "Press".

Mark my words, the media will be noting this for a long time. They have been horsewhipped into playing ball. Why? The truth is a constant. Falsehoods change. Their credibility, however slanted, is now an open issue and that really hurts them -- the public's trust still matters for ratings and money. Lack of viewers means lower ad revenues. A big motivator to appear balanced at some point. The Swifties are not going away even in the face of their considerable power.

Imagine the conversations going on right now at the big media outlets.

They cannot control the flow of information as they have in the past. The Internet is fast becoming the news source for many. Access to different points of view is a mouse click away...

Kerry will go down quicker than you can imagine. If he is going to take the dive and withdraw, it will be sooner rather than later. The more time the Dems have to repair the damage and regroup, the better for them. If he goes, it will be soon. The polls may not be a factor once the DNC reads the tea leaves. They will look at their real base support and if that is failing them, they will know ahead of time when to fold and move on.

Those conversations are taking place right now.

Delightful to watch Smile

Thanks for indulging my need to reshape a few electrons.

Cazador
Uh oh, that wasn't a Marlboro, Johnny Boy!
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jungle_rat,

I hope you will be proven right. The realist in me says: Don't hope for too much. Some people have amazing powers of denial. The "baby boom" generation of leftists have too much of their lives and egos invested in their different stances, including their anti-Vietnam War, anti-military stance. They won't change (in large numbers) and they won't go away. They will find a way to psychologically and politically "neutralize" what you Swifties are doing. They will invent myths (a la Fahrenheit 9-11). They may be already (e.g., the newest line that SBVT is a Bush White House front...after all, errr, it *must* be, right? to be so effective?? Smile ). A realistic hope, I think, is that you guys can just *begin* the process of setting the Vietnam historical record straight (it will be a very long process), and as gravy, maybe torpedo this one empty man who just does not deserve to be CiC (Kerry).

I know that right now, it looks to a lot of you like Kerry is going down for sure. But the liberals' self-insulation that I referred to is also happening. I happen to think a lot hinges on McCain. Kerry, I think, will go down in August only if McCain suddenly sees the light (maybe the new ad will get through to him) and switches to denouncing Kerry. Short of that, I think Kerry will survive this month - but weakened - and we'll just have to see if he's weakened enough in November. Sorry if this doesn't fit in with the group spirit; just trying to be realistic.

j.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry POISONED an entire generation for his selfish reasons. Now that generation is once again being his scape goat.

The starter of this thread should try to find his old friend and break the kerry curse.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to try to be "realistic" too - but I know that vets and military can win an election.

I might be overstating it, but I think that just Vietnam Vets could ensure that John Kerry never lives in the White House, all by themselves.

All we have to do is make sure that the word gets out - the real history of the anti-war movement here at home, as scripted by the KGB.

Then just to mobilize their tremendous might into voting.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They will find a way to psychologically and politically "neutralize" what you Swifties are doing.

I can only wish I had the honor of serving with the Swifties, or in Nam for that matter.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise.

You know, I am 39 now. And I am ashamed to admit, I grew up with some of these anti-military influences, and when I was 25 (era of Gulf War I), I was too much of an idiot to see what freedom really is and how we owe it to our military (back to 1776). If I knew a way to go into a military or mil-supportive career *now*, well, I can't promise I would do it, but man I would have to think about it. (Private me if you have ideas.)

j.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
with some of these anti-military influences, and when I was 25 (era of Gulf War I), I was too much of an idiot to see what freedom really is and how we owe it to our military (back to 1776)

I was in college from 1971-75 on an NROTC scholarship. Was planning to be a jet jockey till my eyesight went south. The war was essentially over by the time I'd graduated. But I was totally ignorant when it came to politics and the war...was only interested in women and beer. Some of my high school pals went over to Nam and didn't come back.

Folks like Kerry destroyed our sense of patriotism and confidence that what we were doing was right. He was and will always be a traitor, and what's happening to him now is long overdue and, frankly, letting him off easy. I think there's a lot more to the Kerry story than meets the eye and warrants serious investigation.
CAVLRRP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee

Sad to say this but your reaction was repeted millions of times over. It was not your fault Kerry and his ilk used you and turned millions against us.

Sadly, Kerry helped turn those who served into outcasts and so many today suffer from PTSD and disassotiative disorders and more sadly, so many took their own lives after being rejected as murderers and dope fiends. I know because two of the best fighting soldiers I ever knew, two real battlefield heros in my unit, committed suicide after returning to the hatred of America spawned by the likes of Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: