SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volunteer Links Anti-Kerry Flier to GOP (BARF ALERT)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Volunteer Links Anti-Kerry Flier to GOP (BARF ALERT) Reply with quote

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apelection_story.asp?category=1131&slug=Bush%20Swift%20Boats

CRAWFORD, Texas -- A volunteer for John Kerry said Friday he picked up a flier in Bush-Cheney headquarters in Gainesville, Fla., promoting Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group the Bush campaign has insisted for weeks it has no connection to.

The Kerry campaign e-mailed the flier to news organizations Friday, declaring that the Bush-Cheney campaign was "busted" for coordinating "in their smear campaign against John Kerry."

At Bush-Cheney campaign headquarters outside Washington, spokesman Steve Schmidt said: "The Bush-Cheney campaign has nothing to do with that piece of paper. ... I don't know how it showed up at the campaign headquarters."

"The Bush-Cheney campaign would object to any flier like this being displayed in any Republican headquarters," said Schmidt.

The flier distributed at Alachua County Republican Party headquarters promotes a weekend rally sponsored by "Swift Boat Vets for Truth" and other groups.

Bill Shilling, a Kerry volunteer in Gainesville, says he went to the GOP offices there Thursday and picked up the flier from a pile of literature on the table.

"The flier they gave me was on the same table as some Bush-Cheney bumper stickers," said Shilling. "I asked them if the Swift boat veterans were coming to Gainesville, and the woman I talked to said yes."

Shilling said he went back to Kerry headquarters and turned over the flier.

"I thought there was supposed to be some separation between Bush-Cheney and the Swift boat controversy but I didn't understand there was a big deal about this," said Shilling. "I think this whole thing attacking Kerry's war record is a diversion by Bush-Cheney from the real issues of the campaign."

Financed by a Texas businessman with longtime ties to prominent Republicans in the state, including President Bush, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth sponsored an ad featuring several Vietnam veterans who accuse Kerry of lying about the circumstances surrounding events for which he won his medals. Kerry received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts while in Vietnam.

The anti-Kerry group distributed a second commercial to the news media and said it would begin airing the ad next week in Pennsylvania, Nevada and New Mexico, the last a state Bush plans to visit next Thursday. The ad intersperses clips of a youthful Kerry talking about war atrocities during an appearance before Congress in 1971 with images of veterans condemning his testimony.

The Kerry campaign filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was illegally coordinating its efforts with the Bush-Cheney campaign.

The Kerry campaign cited recent press reports and the group's own statements. The Bush campaign denied the allegation, as did the organization that aired the ad.
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny, since Swifts does not even HAVE any fliers!

It just gets more desperate over there, doesn't it?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: RAPID RESPONSE!! Reply with quote

Navy,

You have GOT to contact the swift vets and advertise that fact tonight. That proves that the Dems are a pack of liars....and they can't spin that....but it has to be done fast.

Truth is Beauty
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick a$$. The old saying for the Left IS true.

Deny...deny...LIE.

I am loving the way the DNC is imploding.
Scipio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, that flier looks like a parody of a Republican ad. Flag, eagle, "Pro U.S.A." And "political rally?" Well, what other kind of rally would it be?

Oh, yeah, some Kerry volunteer just happened to stumble into Repubican offices and find that? Yeah, sure.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Old Scam Reply with quote

I saw where Scott Camille of VVAW is working out of Gainesville for Kerry. Allachua County, home of U of Florida has been left leaning since the early '70s.,

Planting evidence is an old tactic of the left and the VVAW.

Real convenient that they find this "evidence" in the area where Camille is working for Kerry.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monty Python wrote:
I am chargin' you wif possession of wha'ever we 'appen to 'ave down at the station!

Laughing [/quote]
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, ANYBODY can make fliers - that one was clearly made at home by an amateur.

We have a member here who makes fliers. Any of us can make fliers to show our support for the group.

If there truly was a stack of these things in a BC04 satellite office, someone is going to get their hands whacked - if it DID happen, then it WAS a mistake.

But, I think it's looking more like a plant.

I can mail anything I want to a newspaper and tell them that I got it anywhere in the country.

And the smell of desperation is particularly strong in Florida.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where better for them to try to embarrass Bush than Florida, where his brother is the Governor Rolling Eyes

From what I'm reading in the article, there was only one flyer, hardly collusion. A piece of paper supporting someone when that someone doesn't even supply flyers is funny.

Guess when Kerry said "Bring it on," he really meant, "I'm more desparate than ever. Did you know I served in Vietnam?" Laughing
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Fliers in previous thread Reply with quote

There was a thread (Anti Kerry Flier in resources and reserach) a while back where someone had put together a word document.Is it possible those SOBs in Kerrys camp got their hands on one of those and are taking them as official SwiftBoat Vet for Truth literature? I believe someone else had a flier prepared for a rally, but I can't seem to track down that thread now.
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Navyx3. I smell a plant now that I have actually looked at the "paper" Notice that there is NO organization listed as the one actually giving the rally on it...that just makes no sense....who organizes a rally and doesn't take credit??? It just lists a lot of groups....also, notice the tiny print at the very bottom....sounds more like something some other folks we know would add....just my $.02
VietnamVetsWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know more about this flier. I see the VVAK on there too. I know these guys would not be at a rally that was a Rep. or dem event. They say that plainly when you go to their rallys. My Husband has been to the VVAK rallies, and they make a point to say, this is not a Bush rally.

Of course I guess things can change. I can't speak for the Swiftvets, but I don't see that happening either.
Some smells of a setup here.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord! They say this is "collusion?" It's obviously a local flier put out by locals announcing a future rally, featuring Swiftvets and many other vets.

This is the epitome of desparation.

Funny too, the Kerry "volunteer" doesn't give a name?

Last edited by LewWaters on Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moveon.org PAC has distributed info near Kerry/Edwards rallies.

Kerry's camp says he's not associating with Michael Moore and doesn't support him.... but --

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/24/opinion/main625985.shtml
(Note: Who's in that picture...upper left corner?)

"I think anyone who sees this movie will come out en masse to make sure John Kerry is elected president this November." ~ Terry McAuliffe, Chairman | Democratic National Committee

Last edited by Sun Tzu on Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Old Scam Reply with quote

vet_supporter wrote:
Real convenient that they find this "evidence" in the area where Camille is working for Kerry.

Didn't Scott Camil get canned? I thought he only worked for the Kerry campaign for a month or two?

Scott Camil is the one who proposed and vehemently argued for the assassination of pro-war Congressmen.

That John Kerry would hire him at all speaks volumes about his lack of judgement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: