SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to sort out Barnes & Noble "release date&quo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recondoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Trying to sort out Barnes & Noble "release date&quo Reply with quote

I stopped into my local Barnes & Noble store (De Zavala and IH-10 in San Antonio) to pick up a copy of Unfit. I was told there that the publisher has delayed the release of the book until Sept. 16th.
I notice here that there are plenty of posts about folks who already have the book. I have noticed used copies being sold on Ebay as well as Amazon. What gives?
Is there a "conspiracy" with the printer not wanting Barnes & Noble to cash in on one of the fastest selling books in the country? Wink
It seems very strange that this particular store has an entire table dedicated to new and creative ways to hate and loath the current administration but doesn't have access to one of the country's top selling books. I also notice that any title there that may draw into question John Kerry or the left tends to find it's way to obscurity in location. I've been looking for Brent Bozel's book "Weapons of Mass Distortion" for quite a while but they never seem to get it in.
Hmmmmmmm......
Doc
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: The publisher has nothing to do with September 16 Reply with quote

The publication date for Unfit for Command was August 10, 2004.

I cannot understand what Barnes & Nobles is saying about September 16.

It could be that the wholesalers and distributors are predicting they will get inventory processed through their various systems in time to get the book on the shelves by September 16. But that is clearly NOT a date set by the publisher.

It is also possible that there is a garbled message that the publisher is shipping additional inventory from additional printings (we are now heading into the SEVENTH printing, as I understand it) and these additional shipments are expected to move through the system by September 16. But any ADDITIONAL shipments of additional printings is NOT a change of the publication date by the publisher.

So, KEEP TRYING to buy the book! I know it is an inconvenience to keep trying, but every time you visit the bookstore and ask for the book, you are helping encourage the bookstores to order and place on the shelves copies that OTHER people may buy. So your inconvenience in giving it another try is serving the truth and will help to set history right by encouraging distribution of the book. Just ASKING for the book in bookstores all over America is doing us all a service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: