SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Way We'll Pull Ad, Swift Boat Veteran Says

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: No Way We'll Pull Ad, Swift Boat Veteran Says Reply with quote

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200408\POL20040820b.html
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
August 20, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - John O'Neill, the co-author of Unfit for Command, a book disputing John Kerry's Vietnam War record, told Fox News on Friday that Swift Boat Veterans for Truth would "never" pull the TV ad that has so offended the Kerry campaign -- even if President Bush asked them to do so.

"There's not a chance," O'Neill told Fox & Friends. "We'd say, 'Forget it.' You see, for us, this is our experience in Vietnam. We lost 51 people there -- there were 15 of them or so killed while I was there. It's deeply personal. And this guy (Kerry) lied about all of us, and then he lied about his own experience there - he passed through in a short period of time. And we have a real obligation to the American people."

O'Neill said it doesn't matter if the Swift Boat veterans' ad campaign hurts or helps Bush or hurts or helps Kerry:

"If the American people make the decision knowing the information in the book Unfit for Command the information that is on swiftvets.com - if they make the decision that they want John Kerry to be commander-in-chief of the United States -- then we can live with that decision.

O'Neill said he thinks it would be a "tragic mistake" to elect Kerry president, but, he added, "Let the chips fall where they may."

During the interview, O'Neill emphasized that there are 254 Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and they come from all political backgrounds, not just Republican.

He called Friday's New York Times report on the Swift Boat veterans a "hit job designed to not answer the questions."

O'Neill said his group actively solicited donations from anyone who would give them money: "Truthfully, if George Soros gave us money, we'd take his money. The only possible way we have of getting our message out is to keep our ad up."

He noted that his 527 group "doesn't have a George Soros." Soros is the money-man who has given millions of dollars to various 527 groups that are dedicated to getting George W. Bush out of the White House
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If the American people make the decision knowing the information in the book Unfit for Command the information that is on swiftvets.com - if they make the decision that they want John Kerry to be commander-in-chief of the United States -- then we can live with that decision. "

My feeling too. The truth must get out there for all to see. If they still want the slimebucket in office, oh well. After all, they re-elected Clinton.

Zell Miller
JohM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just a lowly civilian, but my observation is that a lot the water cooler talk is SBVT. Which is surprising considering that for what little expenditure have been allocated it's getting to people even with the MSM supression. If it weren't for JFK hiding in his political fox hole I think at this point the MSM would be probing him. But he's chicken.

I think some folks (mainly Dems) are going to look back on this election regardless of outcome and realize they unleashed a whirlwind beyond their control with the 527's. They are going to realize that small funding resonate advertising from the grass roots can be devasting to thier overall politcal schemes. It is scaring them now. Wait till they really realize that the jig is up. Speaking one way and acting another won't cut it any longer.

August should have been Kerry's month to shine and build up his poll numbers before the RNC convention. He's now spending his political capital covering his ass. SBVT could not have timed this any better.

Go SBVT!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think some folks (mainly Dems) are going to look back on this election regardless of outcome and realize they unleashed a whirlwind beyond their control with the 527's.

I think McCain and Feingold were *clueless* about the blogosphere and its impact. They set out to regulate free speech and the 1st Amendment... and they pretty much shut up the MSM (oh, the irony of it all!) But they forgot that Algore invented the internet... and the rest will be history.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: